注册时间
2006-8-29
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-3 23:03:13 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing games teaches us about life. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

As one old English saying goes “one man’s meat is another’s poison”. People hold divergent opinions toward to the same object, not to mention the controversial issue that whether playing games educate us about life or not. From personal perspective, I agree with that through playing game, people can learn some knowledge about life to some extent. However, we should take the negative influences of games, especial PC games into account.

It is must be acknowledged that games have some advantages on teaching people about life. Playing gave offers people a chance to communicate with other, which let them to learn how to work, to do efficiently and to negotiate with others within one group. As we know, in current, many people play World of Warcraft, one PC game based on internet. Players can organize one group with others within the game, which can beneficial to each player, because it is not easy for one player to survive lonely. So through playing this game, players can learn the skills to communicate with others, and the skills are indispensable for people to work in the future in society. Therefore, some games are useful for people to learn some knowledge about life.

Nevertheless, people should not ignore the negative effect of games to people, especially to young. Owing to lack of ability on self-control, once young play games, it is easy for them to be absorbed with virtual world. Although game provides people a chance to relax them, at the same time, with a chance to escape from factual world. For instance, when I was one mid-school student, I often played game after finishing class or homework. But most of time, game took most of my time, I even forgot to eat my diet or go to bed too late. The result was that I got up late or had not spirit in classes. Some times I distracted from the classes for how to play the games after class. Then my study in mid-school had suffered great difficulty and the score in one examine was so low. Therefore my parents ordered I to give up playing games in order to catch up with other students in study.

In sum, it is obvious that some games can offer some benefits to people such as the skills to communicate with others, which is pivotal essence for people to work in one team in society. However, when we talk about the useful aspects of games, the negative parts of them should be taken into account for their great harmful to people, especial young ones.
追求
      我不放弃

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
真正的光明决不是永没有黑暗的时间,只是永不被黑暗所掩蔽罢了。真正的英雄决不是永没有卑下的情操,只是永不被卑下的情操所屈服罢了。
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-7-25
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-6 18:00:15 |只看该作者
修改请参看附件~