寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-31
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-8-29 14:58:23 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Does reading become not as important as it once was in this age of television by the reason that people can learn as much by watching television as they can by reading books? Although tv as a multi-media method in learning is more and more welcomed by both educatees and educators, in my opinion, after considering the pros and cons of both two ways of learning, the best way to learn still is reading books.

Admittedly, we have to concede that educatees benefit a lot from TV program. The most attractive characteristics of TV learning are the images and the news. The former one make educatees have eagerness in watching what the TV program is going to show, which successfully hold the attention of learners, and accurately display pictures which can not be perfectly described by words. The later one brings learners what is happening, which the books failed to catch up with.

However, the outstanding features of reading books overwhelm the flaws of tv.

Firstly, we can keep our tempo in the way we like when learning by books. TV program is produced with vested length of time. We may spend 1 hour to watch a program for pecking up just a 10-minute long information which are new to us. Or we may be tired to catch up with the path of the program without clearly understanding of new information. While when reading books, we can fast read what we have known or slow down when we feel hard to understand.

Secondly, when we go to book for information, we have a wider choices. Because of the limitation of the production skills, a lot of things can not be displayed in TV, like subtle psychological changes. While books always can satisfy people no matter what they want to know. The resource of TV program by now is far less plenteous than the resource of books.

Last but not the least, only through reading, we can thinking independently. Even TV program producer says, there is no totally independent program in the world wide from the very beginning TV was born. The outstanding of TV is input, but it is weak in helping learners forming their own thinking. On the contrary, if we can choose books without prejudice, we always can find materials of different ideas or neutral ideas to contribute a balanced and comprehensive thinking without orientation made by others.

To sum up, although TV program offers us a lively option in learning, i still prefer reading to learn because of the outstanding features i mentioned above, when i want to study effectively. Further more, educatees must be aware of the flaws in learning by watching TV.
it's a long road....
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-26
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2008-8-18 18:06:54 |只看该作者
:)