寄托币
注册时间
2005-3-26
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-9-10 08:49:48 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Whether students should be required to attend classes becomes a hot topic in universities, some people argue that the student must go to class while others hold the opinion that it is unnecessarily for the student listen to the teacher’s lecture. In my opinion, although sometimes study without class the student are probably more effective , the advantage of attend class far outweigh its disadvantage.

To begin with, students who do not attending class have their good reasons. I have lots of classmates study in such a way, I summary their answers when asked why they did not go to classes, and their reasons are as follows: Firstly, they can learn knowledge by themselves, almost every teachers' lectures are based on textbook where they can learn from and they would get high score in final exam. Secondly, organize their own study time allow them to concentrate on their weaker areas and control the pace as well as atmosphere, thirdly, it is more effective for them to study by themselves and would not waste time because some lecture are so boring.

On the other hand, although some students hold the opinion that classes should be optional, I insist that student will benefit more if they attend classes even if they did not like to join classes, Generally speaking, not all the knowledge can be learned from books, teachers can give students good advice such as the method that how to study the subject, in some courses, especially special ones, teachers' personally experience can help the student acquire knowledge easily, it means that student will escape much frustration if they listen to professor's lecture. further , teacher's knowledge are more comprehensive that they can help student's find their disadvantage and flaws then correct them, we can imagine student study by themselves will not get this information.

Last but not least. in universities, study and discussion groups are the usually form in class in , by discussion and doing team work , student can acquire more ability than just learn from textbooks, even they can get high score in final exam, I still believe that they did not learn genuine knowledge, it is a pity that the precious opportunity of academy communication was wasted, and in some extent, the high score merely prove that they have good memory and well practiced

To sum up, from aspects discussed above, university classes provide students not only knowledge from text but also method of study as well as successful experience,   the atmosphere of discuss and teamwork are helpful for their comprehensive ability. so it is safe to say that student will benefit more if they attend every class

[ 本帖最后由 innocent 于 2007-9-11 08:27 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: 十月金秋第十六次作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发