2019-11-11
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2019-11-12 21:42:00 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 huangzh 于 2019-11-12 21:58 编辑

我的基本情况如下:
2017年从一个Top20的美硕 (A) 毕业,非CS,然后在纽约的国际组织 (B)工作了2年,但其实我被聘用了5年。现在已经辞职,申请了以gk闻名的cs master。学校排名不行,可能就是拒签的主要原因,现在已经拒签了两次,准备签第三次。情景还原如下:

第一次 BJ, October 8, 2019
一签基本没有准备就闷着头去了,因为16年F1签证的时候简直是秒过,所以这次完全轻敌了,基本没有准备,丧失了最好的机会。
ME:Morning Mam How are you?
VO: I am good. Why are you going to US?
ME: Pursuing a master degree. Here are my passport and I20.
VO: What did you do before?
ME: I worked for B in the last 2 years and just resigned. Before that, I did a master in XXX from A School. Even before that, I was in China and worked there for 4 years. (后来看签经以及版主留言,发现自己只是重复了DS160上所填写的内容,说的话一点用都没有)
VO:Why this school?
ME: 1. Design of the course work. 2. Location of the school. It is close to where I used to live and I like the weather in northeast US. 3. Tuition of the program is reasonable. (后来再看都想拍死自己,虽然说的都是实话吧,但全是坑)
VO: Can I see your resume, advisor resume and study plan?
ME: Here is my resume and goal statement. My program is course based so I don't have advisor resume. (我当时连study plan都没有,给的还是当时申请时候的goal Statement)
VO:Why apply Visa at this moment?
ME: Because I had some commitment with the previous company so I resigned late. (因为我的项目是10月底开学,我还以为她问的是为什么这么晚来签。)
VO: Who will sponsor your study?
ME: I have some personal savings and my parents will also sponsor.
VO: (smile) Oh you have personal savings!
VO:What visa did you use for B?
ME: It was G4.
VO: Are you married?
ME: No.
VO:Mam I understand your program is course based but I still need you to submit these documents to this email address. (handling over 221g)
ME: How long will this take?
VO: Probably 3-4 weeks.
ME: Thank you!

当天晚上就补齐了材料,2天之后系统显示refuse,发邮件询问大使馆,3天之后被告知是拒签,不是临时的AP。(后来意识到简历上的地址和电话都还是美国的。。。)因为被check的很快,一个星期都没有出,所以应该不是专业的问题。

后来比较第二个VO和网上帖子的时候,发现自己遇到的简直是一个天使VO,面对我给自己挖的那么多坑和废话,还是一脸笑容的问问题以及勾221g的单子。

第二次,GZ,November 8, 2019
这次在去之前看了网上的一些帖子,着重搜集了资料,重写了resume, study plan,准备了学校的排名资质相关的资料,爸妈的财产流水
ME: Morning I am here for F1 visa (passing passport and I20)
VO: (without looking at anything) Is this your first time going to US?
ME: No, i went to US in 2016 for the first time. Studies in A university and then was hired by B for 2 years. ......(没有提自己其实被雇佣了5年,想待其实还是可以待在美国的。但是过程介绍的有些拖沓,明显感觉她不耐烦了)
VO:Please give me your admission letter, resume, advisor resume and study plan. And why do you need a second master?
ME: Here are my admission letter, resume and study。。。 (被打断,VO再问了一次Why do you need a second master?)
ME: Mam my program is course based and I don't have an advisor. (VO冷笑了一下)My career goal is to do XXXX in Chinese financial industry and I see the demand for people with knowledge of information systems, data structure and .. in banking industry. As a person from finance background, (被打断,这里反思是开头太大太虚,还没有结合自己讲具体情况便被打断了)
VO:How many school did you apply?
ME: 4. They are C, D, E and F. I was rejected by C and am still waiting for E and F.
VO: Why do you apply for visa at this moment? (这个问题第二次出现了)
ME:Because my program starts in January and I understand nowadays it takes time for visa processing. I want to leave enough time for it.
VO: one second please. (拿着resume和study plan, 离开座位去了看不到的地方,大概离开了10秒钟)
VO:Where are you from?
ME: You mean hometown?
VO: Yes
ME: Originally I am from XX but I went to university in YY. That's why my passport was issued in YY. (没有意识到她是想知道为什么来广州签证)
VO:You were refused in Beijing this October. What happened?
ME: My material was not complete and (被打断)
VO:Why do you come to GZ?
ME: I am here to visit my previous manager and we haven't met for several years.(VO冷笑了一下)
VO: 关掉话筒和旁边的人讲话,3-5秒钟
VO:Do you need to attend the school in person? (怀疑学校的资质等等)
ME: Yes, it is a full time program and I need to (被暗示停止说话)
VO: 打字 打字 (抬头看了我1-2秒钟)打字 打字 Sorry I cannot approve your visa at this time.....
ME: Thank you.

第二次面签VO属于比较不耐烦的,但是自己的沟通技巧也有问题,回答问题总是从原委开始讲,其实应该先把主要点简明扼要的讲清楚。虽然对话看起来蛮多,但是两个人语速都很快,整体感觉就是在“问题-要解释-被打断”的兵荒马乱中结束了。

目前准备签第三次,心里很没底。另外想利用提前辞职这个点,其实在原来的单位是可以继续安安稳稳的做下去的,但是我的目的并不是在美国长期的工作和生活,一旦意识到了自己知识的漏洞,便辞职读第二个master。不知道这样是否说的通?两次面签都没有说到自己其实的提前辞职的。

请版主狠拍。谢谢。
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2019-11-11
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2019-11-14 08:21:48 |只看该作者
手动艾特下版主~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2015-2-11
精华
帖子

2015 US-applicant 美版2016offer达人 寄托16周年纪念勋章 在任资深版主

板凳
发表于 2019-11-14 14:35:35 |只看该作者
我的基本情况如下:
2017年从一个Top20的美硕 (A) 毕业,非CS,然后在纽约的国际组织 (B)工作了2年,但其实我被聘用了5年。现在已经辞职,申请了以gk闻名的cs master。学校排名不行,可能就是拒签的主要原因,现在已经拒签了两次,准备签第三次。情景还原如下:

第一次 BJ, October 8, 2019
一签基本没有准备就闷着头去了,因为16年F1签证的时候简直是秒过,所以这次完全轻敌了,基本没有准备,丧失了最好的机会。
ME:Morning Mam How are you?
VO: I am good. Why are you going to US?
ME: Pursuing a master degree. Here are my passport and I20.
VO: What did you do before?
ME: I worked for B in the last 2 years and just resigned. Before that, I did a master in XXX from A School. Even before that, I was in China and worked there for 4 years. (后来看签经以及版主留言,发现自己只是重复了DS160上所填写的内容,说的话一点用都没有)
VO:Why this school?
ME: 1. Design of the course work. 2. Location of the school. It is close to where I used to live and I like the weather in northeast US. 3. Tuition of the program is reasonable. (后来再看都想拍死自己,虽然说的都是实话吧,但全是坑)
VO: Can I see your resume, advisor resume and study plan?
ME: Here is my resume and goal statement. My program is course based so I don't have advisor resume. (我当时连study plan都没有,给的还是当时申请时候的goal Statement)
VO:Why apply Visa at this moment?
ME: Because I had some commitment with the previous company so I resigned late. (因为我的项目是10月底开学,我还以为她问的是为什么这么晚来签。)
VO: Who will sponsor your study?
ME: I have some personal savings and my parents will also sponsor.
VO: (smile) Oh you have personal savings!
VO:What visa did you use for B?
ME: It was G4.
VO: Are you married?
ME: No.
VO:Mam I understand your program is course based but I still need you to submit these documents to this email address. (handling over 221g)
ME: How long will this take?
VO: Probably 3-4 weeks.
ME: Thank you!

当天晚上就补齐了材料,2天之后系统显示refuse,发邮件询问大使馆,3天之后被告知是拒签,不是临时的AP。(后来意识到简历上的地址和电话都还是美国的。。。)因为被check的很快,一个星期都没有出,所以应该不是专业的问题。

后来比较第二个VO和网上帖子的时候,发现自己遇到的简直是一个天使VO,面对我给自己挖的那么多坑和废话,还是一脸笑容的问问题以及勾221g的单子。

第二次,GZ,November 8, 2019
这次在去之前看了网上的一些帖子,着重搜集了资料,重写了resume, study plan,准备了学校的排名资质相关的资料,爸妈的财产流水
ME: Morning I am here for F1 visa (passing passport and I20)
VO: (without looking at anything) Is this your first time going to US?
ME: No, i went to US in 2016 for the first time. Studies in A university and then was hired by B for 2 years. ......(没有提自己其实被雇佣了5年,想待其实还是可以待在美国的。但是过程介绍的有些拖沓,明显感觉她不耐烦了)
VO:Please give me your admission letter, resume, advisor resume and study plan. And why do you need a second master?
ME: Here are my admission letter, resume and study。。。 (被打断,VO再问了一次Why do you need a second master?)
ME: Mam my program is course based and I don't have an advisor. (VO冷笑了一下)My career goal is to do XXXX in Chinese financial industry and I see the demand for people with knowledge of information systems, data structure and .. in banking industry. As a person from finance background, (被打断,这里反思是开头太大太虚,还没有结合自己讲具体情况便被打断了)
VO:How many school did you apply?
ME: 4. They are C, D, E and F. I was rejected by C and am still waiting for E and F.
VO: Why do you apply for visa at this moment? (这个问题第二次出现了)
ME:Because my program starts in January and I understand nowadays it takes time for visa processing. I want to leave enough time for it.
VO: one second please. (拿着resume和study plan, 离开座位去了看不到的地方,大概离开了10秒钟)
VO:Where are you from?
ME: You mean hometown?
VO: Yes
ME: Originally I am from XX but I went to university in YY. That's why my passport was issued in YY. (没有意识到她是想知道为什么来广州签证)
VO:You were refused in Beijing this October. What happened?
ME: My material was not complete and (被打断)
VO:Why do you come to GZ?
ME: I am here to visit my previous manager and we haven't met for several years.(VO冷笑了一下)
VO: 关掉话筒和旁边的人讲话,3-5秒钟
VO:Do you need to attend the school in person? (怀疑学校的资质等等)
ME: Yes, it is a full time program and I need to (被暗示停止说话)
VO: 打字 打字 (抬头看了我1-2秒钟)打字 打字 Sorry I cannot approve your visa at this time.....
ME: Thank you.

第二次面签VO属于比较不耐烦的,但是自己的沟通技巧也有问题,回答问题总是从原委开始讲,其实应该先把主要点简明扼要的讲清楚。虽然对话看起来蛮多,但是两个人语速都很快,整体感觉就是在“问题-要解释-被打断”的兵荒马乱中结束了。

目前准备签第三次,心里很没底。另外想利用提前辞职这个点,其实在原来的单位是可以继续安安稳稳的做下去的,但是我的目的并不是在美国长期的工作和生活,一旦意识到了自己知识的漏洞,便辞职读第二个master。不知道这样是否说的通?两次面签都没有说到自己其实的提前辞职的。

请版主狠拍。谢谢。

最近时间很少比较少, 我就简单说说了, 你自己多花时间理解.
我看你 1000 的时候, 没有看你的 2000, 我自己脑子里就有两个问题:
1. why a second master
2. g4 validity enough to cover your 2 years employment with B?

2000 的时候果然 VO 就开始非常纠结第一个问题, 而你自己倒是没有意识到.
至于第二个问题, 我也希望你解释一下, 因为g4 的有效期貌似一般都不长, 你在 B 工作两年, 你的签证有那么长时间吗?

1000 的错误就是很基本的, 作为 F1, 一点留学必要性和回国规划都没有. 而且second master也没有解释.

2000 的时候你有尝试去解释, 但是你的解释其实根本不针对问题, 你回答的内容其实是why a master, not why a SECOND master.

你最后一段的这个剧本我觉得不行. 感觉自己知识有漏洞就花费宝贵的个人金钱继续和年轻的生命去学习, 这个是美国人不接受的逻辑. 你的留学必要性, 尤其是second master的必要性, 就是得针对为什么它能够帮助你回国更好地发(zheng)展(qian).
你可以看看我的置顶帖子, 好好理解, 究竟怎样让他相信你没有必要留在美国, 以及为什么这个留学过程对你有必要.

这个解释没有做好事是你最主要的失败原因, 另外感觉好像你的这个新学校也不是特别好的样子, 有所帮凶.

使用道具 举报

RE: F1 准备三签 请版主指导 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
F1 准备三签 请版主指导