[活动] potpourri 作文本 [复制链接]

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-6-28 18:01:41 |只看该作者
In the world shaped by globalization, an increasingly (increasing) number of people is inclined to learn about a foreign country. Then how can people realize this goal? Some claim that the best way is to read newspaperor magazines. However, I hold some different opinions about it.) L: m2 f  B! f

First of all, newspaper and magazines are no longer the fastest way to learn about what happens in the foreign country. Over the last hundred years, technological advancement has spawned various sources of information, such as television and internet, which offers people more possibilities to access to information about other countries at first time. Television, for instance, shows its great advantages in timeliness by presenting the first hand video or picture. I still remember the striking video about event ”911” reported on television 9 years ago. Though I was in eastern hemisphere, I learned about what was going on in America at first time. In contrast, the traditional media, regardless of newspaper ormagazine, can hardly present such vivid and striking information without delay.8 y0 G3 \$ v) P/ Z
% ]4 U8 p' g; s( S3 i2 `
Secondly, to learn a foreign country comprehensively, the effective way is to travel to that country. Although we can learn some things about a country by reading newspaper or magazines, we have to admit that this knowledge is limited even inaccurate. for example, a foreign friend of mine was once under an illusion that Kongfu is a kind of performance almost every Chinese are good at since he read an article released in a magazine. When taking a trip in china, however, he realized that few of Chineses  is (were) expert in it. in addition, he also had a visit to the place of interest in china, especially some museums, and learned that calligraphy besides kongfu is an important and typical aspect of Chinese culture. But all these information can hardly be found in newspapers (newspaper) or magazines.6 c- b
In the aggregate, I disagree that reading newspaper and magazines is the best way to learn about a foreign country, since they are able to neither (放在able 前~) serve as the most prompt way to report nor provide comprehensively (comprehensive) knowledge about a foreign country.

很棒,学习之~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-6-28 19:44:16 |只看该作者
写的很好,学习之……
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报