[作文] melodyskiing之作文贴 [复制链接]

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-10-6 23:18:48 |只看该作者
The are two hypothesises to explain the decline of the number of sea otter recent years. The reading passage prefers the pollution hypothesis,which points out that the cause of the decline is water pollution, while the lecture supports the predator hypothesis, which believes it is the predators kill sea otters.

The author points out that the chemical pollutants like oil rigs which reduce sea otters' ability to resist infections have been found in the water sample of Alaska Coast. They may cause the death of sea otters. The professor, however, gives out the evidence that no dead sea otters have been found on and off the shore, which is a good factor to demonstrate the predator hypothesis. If otters are killed by pollution, dead bodies can be found near the coast. On the contrary, killed by predator, otters bodies will definitely disappear.

The author regards the declining number of sea lions and seals as an example to support the pollution hypothesis. Only widely occurring predator, such as orca, which prefers big animals like whales though, can cause the same effect. The professor argues that as whales disappears from the coast due to human hunting, orcas are fed by smaller animals like seals and sea otters.

As for the author, only the pollution hypothesis can give out the perfect illustration of the uneven pattern of the declining population of sea otters. The professor believes that the predator hypothesis can also explain it well. Since orcas are big, they can hardly get access to the shallow water and rocky place in which the number of sea otters is stable. And the population of sea otters decreases rapidly in the accessible place.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-18
精华
帖子

IBT Zeal

发表于 2010-10-7 00:43:11 |只看该作者
16# MELODYSKIING
dreams never fade

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-10-7 11:17:48 |只看该作者
17# S酱 谢谢!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-10-7 12:03:22 |只看该作者
你的比我的好多了。
55....虽然有些小问题。但你写的还是不错啦。能抓住内容来写。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-18 11:20:11 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 MELODYSKIING 于 2012-1-18 22:21 编辑

1.18Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? We should never be impolite to another person.

Parents often told us to be polite to others, to say hello to aunts and uncles initiatively, offering help to friends, using polite words such as “Thank you” and “Please”, apologizing when we do something wrong. The polite manner reflects one's good personality. Gentleman will never be impolite although they may be angry about the person. Similarly, we should never be impolite to another person as well, even though the person may cheat us, betray us or do harm to us.

Polite manner shows our respect to others. Respect is of fundamental importance in the communication of others. We make friends and sign contracts based on trust and respect. Universally acknowledged that students should respect their teachers; children should respect their parents; staffs should respect their leader. On the other hand, a boss must respect his or her clients and a judge should respect the criminal, as well. We should not be impolite to others for the excuse that they are younger or on the lower level. Besides, we may also benefit from our politeness to others. When we ask our colleague for help, we can say "Would you please help me print out these documents?" or "Print them out for me!" The former one is more polite, which is in the tongue of asking while the later one is a bit rude, which is in a command manner. Obviously, my colleague will be happier to hear the former one, especially when I am not the boss. As a result, she will be glad to help me and I can get the documents faster, even in high quality.

There is no doubt that we ought to be kind to the one who are kind to us. Sometimes, however, people may betray us or cheat us, making us angry or upset. We should be polite to those who do harm to us, as well. As the Confucius' saying goes, "Treat the person who is kind to you with kind heart and treat the person who is bad to you objectively." Being polite is the basic manner in the conversation with others, which is nothing to do with the way how others treat us. We can oppose their opinions and have the rights to get angry about their behaviors. Nevertheless, we should always treat them in a polite manner with expectation, as we are all human beings, who have the right to require respect. We might hate and criticize the thieves, but we should treat them in the polite manner on the trial.

In conclusion, as politeness is a way to show respect, no matter whether one is younger or in a lower level and no matter whether he or she is kind to us, we should NEVER be impolite to another person.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-19 09:34:58 |只看该作者

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-20 10:06:21 |只看该作者
21# idealibt Thank you for your correction!!:)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-20 12:47:18 |只看该作者
被打断了,连起来,大概写了45min超时,于是也比较长~~求拍...
1.20Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should allow their children to make mistakes and let them learn from their own mistakes.

"Don't eat more than 3 oranges at a time!"“Don't put off the preparation of the exam until the night before it" Have your parents cried to you like this? Do you get tired of it? You doubt parents' theories and want to know whether you will really get stomachache after having 4 oranges at a time, don't you? Parents are worried or even afraid that we will make mistakes, so they tell us a lot of "DON'T"s. Children, however, should have the opportunities to make mistakes so that they can learn from it. Children who are allowed to make mistakes will be stronger when they face failures and difficulties and they will, moreover, be braver to try new things.

Being allowed to make mistakes, children will come to realize the bad outcomes of their inappropriate behaviors by themselves, which leaves them so deep an impression that they won't do it again. A child may not believe what you have told him, but he will believe his own experience. Mother told her child to take an umbrella, which he thinks too heavy. He gets sick after showering in the rain, for he did not have an umbrella.

Mistakes provide children with chances to sustain difficulties. We make a mistake and then we will be punished or suffer from its outcome. Mistakes teach children to take responsibility for their own behaviors. From mistakes, kids will gradually get aware of the importance of carefulness. They may come to realize that before making decision, one should consider the possible consequences, weighing the benefits and harm.

Furthermore, the forbidden of making mistakes from parents will lead to kids' scare of mistakes, which may prevent them from exploration. On the contrary, children who have the opportunities to make mistakes are often more courageous to try new things and more creative. We may come across mistakes in the way of exploration, in which we are not sure what will happen in the next minute. It is hard for us to make perfect decision, which can avoid faults successfully, by little knowledge about the new features. We should, nevertheless, have the courage to do experiments. The inventor of Coca Cola mixed different kinds of things together. He could hardly imagine the taste of those kinds of things mixed and thus he was not sure whether it is delicious or not. If he was afraid of making mistakes, however, he would never try, let alone to get chances to invent such nice and popular drink. As a result, parents should allow their children to make mistakes. Instead, they should encourage them to try some new or unproved methods.

Considering the reasons above, parents should allow their children to make faults. However, of course, parents should tell their children some basic moral rules, which is the prerequisite of their behaviors. Besides, they should make some rules in order to prevent some big disasters, which cannot be correct easily. Parents, for instance, should never allow their kids try to play on the road, which may result in a terrible traffic accident.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-20 16:39:53 |只看该作者
上篇被拍烂了...在墙角蹲了一会,把明天的也写了...有木有好些?
1.21 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? To make children to well at school, parents should limit the hour that a child spends on watching TV. Use specific reasons to support your answer. (412)

Considering watching TV as a waste of time, some parents limit the hour that a child spends on it. Watching TV, however, will not definitely lead to the bad behavior at school. On the contrary, it may play a positive role in study. That is why I do oppose to such method.

Television, as an outstanding invention of modern mass media, provides a great deal of information to the audience, which can be great learning materials. From Discovery, we can learn theories by scientific stories. From Law and Life, we get some knowledge about law and crimes. Dissimilar to the traditional classes-- teachers lecturing and students listening, television creates a different learning style that students can select what to learn by their own. Hundreds of channels are displayed on TV, everyone, owning different hobbies can find their dishes. Mary, who loves dancing, can choose the sport channel. George, who is interested in astronomy, will change to the science channel. Furthermore, the information on TV is more relevant to real life, such as news, opinions and talk shows. As a result, students can apply what they have learned to life directly, which might encourage them to explore the world.

Besides, relaxation plays a crucial role in well-being. It is generally acknowledged that we should relax after working for a period of time. Researchers found out that it is hard for one to focus on one subject for more than 4 hours and our efficiency gets lower and lower. Relaxation will boost our efficiency. Television, offering all kinds of music, talk shows, cartoons and interesting TV series like BING BANG THEORY, which is quite popular now, is a wonderful way for entertainment. Children, after a day tired studying, ought to relax for a while.

Moderation, however, is an important concept. Being addicted to television, children might be ruined. Limiting the hours for TV is an approach to prevent children from addicting to TV, yet it is not the best one, because DON'Ts are not able to eliminate their crazy love for TV. Parents should let kids make their own plan, to decide how many hours to spend on watching TV per day. By this mean, kids have to weigh the importance of study and TV shows. They will then realize it is unwise to stick to TV series. Also it might cultivate their ability of self-control. As a result, it is more effective to let kids plan themselves instead of setting limitations for them.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-21 09:00:32 |只看该作者
alexfanfan童鞋1.20作文修改过,请改这篇吧~~~
1.20Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should allow their children to make mistakes and let them learn from their own mistakes.

"Don't eat more than 3 oranges at a time!"“Don't put off the preparation of the exam until the last minute" Have your parents cried to you like this? Do you ever get tired of it? Parents are worried and afraid of their children making mistakes, so they tell us a lot of "DON'T"s. Children, however, should have their opportunities to make mistakes so that they can learn from failure. Children who are allowed to make mistakes will have less trouble to undergo frustration and difficulties and they will be braver to try new stuffs.

By making mistakes, it will be much easier for children to realize the bad outcomes of their inappropriate behaviors by themselves, which keeps him from doing the wrong again. A child may not believe what adults told him, but what he has experienced.

Mistakes provide children with chances to face difficulties. We make a mistake and then we will be punished or suffer from its outcome. Children can to be responsible for their own behaviors from mistakes. In another word, mistakes will gradually increase children’s awareness of the importance of being caution. They may come to realize that before making decision, one should consider the possible consequences, weighing the benefits and harm.

Furthermore, children may lose their courage to explore and try new things if their parents continue to keep them from making mistakes. On the contrary, those who have the opportunities to make mistakes are often more brave to try new gadgets and more creative in solving problems. We may come across mistakes in the way of exploration, in which we are not sure what will happen in the next minute. It is hard for us to make perfect decision, which can avoid faults successfully, by little knowledge about the new features. We should, nevertheless, have the courage to do experiments. Coca Cola was invented by mixing random materials together accidently. It is hard to imagine the superior taste of that random mixture before the attempt. If he was afraid of making mistakes, however, he would never try, let alone to get chances to invent such nice and popular drink. As a result, rather than prohibiting their children from make mistakes, parents should encourage children to try new methods and explore uncharted area.

Considering the reasons above, parents should allow their children to make faults. However, basic moral rules should be taught to children before their curious exploration. Besides, they should make some rules in order to prevent unexpected tragedy Parents, for instance, should never allow their kids try to play on the road, which may result in a terrible traffic accident.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-20
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-21 22:45:23 |只看该作者
25# MELODYSKIING

真不好意思 今天都在医院里 外公住院了

明天一定给你改!

谢谢你今天给我改的!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-20
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-23 00:01:25 |只看该作者
Thank you & Happy New Year

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-3 18:38:09 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 MELODYSKIING 于 2012-2-3 18:40 编辑

感觉好烂啊!!写太长了><!!!!!!不管了
2月3日 110815NA One of your classmates needs help with some schoolwork. Which solution would you recommend your classmate should do: to ask you for help or to find a professional tutor for help. Include reasons and details to in your response.

When come across difficulties in schoolwork, one has two possible solutions: turning to classmates for help or directly ask a professional tutor for advice. Kind-hearted classmates who are happy to discuss the schoolwork with me may not be capable to solve my confusion. The professional tutor is generally more familiar with the topic. However, it is embarrassed if I ask silly questions which have been illustrated clearly in class. Considering the pros and cons of both solutions, the final choice depends on the specific difficulties in his schoolwork.

If the problem you face is about basic elements that mentioned in class, such as missing several points owing to his absence or unclear about the specific requirement of the homework, discussing with classmates is highly recommended. You share notes in order to modify notes by adding missing points. It is much more convenient than consulting the tutor for he doesn't attend the class. What's more, peers enjoy exchanging their views, some of which may be really inspiring and help to improve the understanding of what is learned. Besides, you have chances to gain something out of class but tightly related to your schoolwork, like network. For instance, in the discussion of the assignment in psychology class, which requires us to observe a child and write a report, classmates will not only talk about the research method but also the resources--how to find children for observation.

On the other hand, if you are puzzled with the understanding of theories, which are not clarified in class, or some advanced questions, a professional tutor will be far more beneficial to him. Definition, theories and principles are basic elements of learning. Peers, indeed, may know the definition, yet it may be vague in that they are unfamiliar with it, as well. And the vague understanding is likely to mislead you or put you in confusion. Once after the philosophy class, I asked my classmate about the definition of INTRINSIC GOOD, which just mentioned in class without clear clarification. Rather than drag me out from the puzzle, their answers, which were different, even contradictory to each other, left me more confused.  On the contrary, with the help of deeper understanding as well as practical experiences of the terms and theories, the tutor, who is the senior or graduate student in the realm, is capable to provide not only precise definition, but also examples in application, which play a positive role in understanding. Furthermore, you can also get some learning tips and academic suggestions in the talk with the tutor, such as research approaches or efficient methods in note taking. When it comes to the advanced questions, classmates are usually incapable to help, even though they may sometimes provide some inspiring or even exciting opinions. The most efficient way is to discuss with the tutor.

In brief, one can benefit from a lot from peer discussion in the field of basic elements in class and assignments. Meanwhile, it is better to consult a professional tutor when facing advanced questions or having difficulty in understanding theories.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-3 21:30:00 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 MELODYSKIING 于 2012-2-4 12:29 编辑

2月4日 100619NA When people need to discuss upsetting or controversial problems with others, some people prefer to use e-mail or text messaging, other like to use telephone or voice messaging. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.
(这怎么还是很像口语题!!还是写得很烂啊!!!)早上起来改了一改,感觉好些~~求拍! ^^

When we come across difficulties and tough problems, we would like to turn to family or friends for comfort. The best way is to talk with them face to face, pouring out upsetting problems. They pat us on the back, give advices and encourage us to keep on. However, parents or bosom friends may be far away from us. As a result, we have to discuss problems with the help of telecommunication, using e-mail and text message, or talking via telephone and voice message. I prefer to discuss the difficulties via telephone because I am anxious when facing problems and text cannot.

As far as I am concerned, discussing upsetting or controversial problems by email or text messaging is inefficient. Facing controversial problems, I always drop into anxiety. So anxious am I that I can hardly calm down to organize a long message, stating my point clearly. I need someone to help me figure out the solutions. If I am able to illustrate the problem clearly and list the advantages and disadvantages of all the solutions, I won't be upset. Also, it is impossible for me to demonstrate the problem in one or two sentences because I am at a mess with different ideas fighting in my brain. Typing really bother me for I type rather slowly. In addition, parents or friends may not check their email and massage box every minute so that I have to wait for reply. Waiting, however, is really suffering for me when trapped in trouble. I want to get advices and solve the problems as soon as possible.

What's more important, text messages are too pale to convey my anxiety and upset feeling. The course of communication is divided into three procedure: message coding, sending to the receiver, message decoding. Lots of information may be lost in this course, especially in the discussion of emotion. People are not good at organizing words when they are upset or anxious. Instead, they will sponteneously use nonverbal signs to show their feelings. Without the nonverbal signs, such as body gestures, sounds, facial expressions, which play a significant role in communication, the receiver may decode the message in a wrong way, resulting in a misunderstanding. Once I left a text message to my friend after I break up with my boyfriend, saying "I am in despair!". She thought I was just a bit sad, even though I used the word "despair". Actually, I was so upset that I even consider suiside. Even though we can use text expressions, such as :), :< or T^T to convey our emotion, they are still pale compared to the voice. With the help of sounds, the listener can easily perceive my emotion. They may catch my anxiety by my nervous voice and feel my sadness by my sobs. Likewise, it is also easier for me to feel comfort from their soft voices.

In brief, as emails and text messages are inefficient and too pale in conveying emotions, I would definitely prefer to phone my parents or friends to discuss controversial problems.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-2-20
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-3 22:11:31 |只看该作者
大赞Lz的文~~~
求LZ改作文~~~
iLOVEUCLA&UCB!!!