注册时间
2007-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-9 22:03:55 |只看该作者
201129 周三:
+ F! f+ K  c0 e! e* s
独立:9 M/ K  b/ ~0 E4 ~& l7 x" Q, e
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to become a financially independent adult, people should be taught how to manage their money at an early age9 E) N8 D- W4 u( F

As to the controversial issue that whether people should be taught how to manage money when they are very young, although someone holds the opinion that it is not necessary at all for they are too young to understand, and the fact that they don’t have much money to manage also add to the strength of this side, I totally disagree with the opinion mentioned before, and from my perspective, the benefits of teaching children how to manage money outweigh the drawbacks it brings and there are several specific reasons below to support my opinion.

First and foremost, considering the detrimental consequences it will bring if children are not to be taught the methods of managing money would be much easier for us to analyze this problem. As known to all, compared with adults, children are week at the ability for self-control, which are essential as to the question that whether one could manage money well. So imagine if parents give their children money without teaching them how to manage it, what they will do? Of course, there are good kids who could use money properly; while most of children, as far as I know, are inclined to spend them whatever they want, such as playing video games, or even commit crime. Unexpected consequences are so harmful that their parents could not even handle it.

So it is obvious now that how terrible it would be without knowledge of managing money, and advantages for this kind of knowledge could strengthen my argument. First, it is beneficial for children to have good and correct mind toward money when children could be taught how to manage money properly. For instance, when I am a little girl, my dad told me that the most important thing in the world is not money, but love; so when friends borrow money from me, it is not appropriate to be selfish at this moment; besides, earning money legally is another principle I have to remember. Apart from those basic principles for money, I was taught how to manage my small amount of money as well. Always saving money and using it at critical moment are what I was told.

Besides, telling children how to manage money also benefits lying in the fact that they could get to know the importance of money. As we all know, with the rapid development of society and technology, more items could be bought in the market, and the basis for you to afford them is having enough money. As a saying goes, money is double sword. Nobody could deny that money would cause disaster if not used properly, however, without money nowadays, people could do nothing at all. So on one hand, by teaching children how to manage money, parents or others teach them what the right attitude toward money is, and at the same time, they could also let children know how important money is in today’s society. With this principle in children’s mind, they will try their best to earn money by themselves, which are beneficial in turn for children’s whole development and improvement of all aspects.

To sum up, from analyzing this issue by giving three reasons above, I could draw safely to the conclusion that it is beneficial for children to learn how to manage money for their further development. The correct attitude toward money could be erected and children also get to know the significance of money as well. Taking the drawbacks of lacking education about managing money into consideration, the advantages overshadow the defects it may bring.

TPO10 综合作文

In the reading passage, the author asserts that the environmental pollution are more likely to be the reason for the decline of sea otter populations. While in the lecture, the professor challenges the statement and confirms that predator hypothesis would be more reasonable to explain the decline of sea otters by showing three specific reasons to support her idea.

First and foremost, on the contrary to the statement given by the reading passage that due to the fact that there were known sources, such as oil rigs and other sources of industrial chemical pollution, which could decrease the otters' resistance to infection and further death, pollution hypothesis seems to be more likely the cause, the professor disputes this idea by stating that no dead otter was found on the beach, the phenomenon that seems to be explained by predator hypothesis better than pollution one. Once predators ate otters there would not be dead otters to be washed up to the shore.

Besides, the professor disagrees with the opinion by the author concerning whether orca could be the predator for otters. The author doesn't think it is the orca that hunt otters because they usually hunt larger prey, such as whales; While the professor overthrows this point by giving the fact that orca begins to eat smaller mammals including sea otters for substitution for whale due to human's too much hunting for whales.

Finally, the evidence that in areas that orca is access to, the population of sea otters decline significantly, while in those shallow and rocky areas, where orca couldn't get due to its big size, the population didn't fall support that professor's opinion, debating the statement in the reading at the same time.

To sum up, the professor in the lecture casts doubt on the statement in the reading that it is the pollution that attribute to the decline of sea otters' population by giving three opposite reasons stated above.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-1-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-10 11:48:10 |只看该作者
As to the controversial issue that whether people should be taught how to manage money when they are very young, although someone holds the opinion that it is not necessary at all for they are too young to understand, and the fact that they don’t have much money to manage also add to the strength of this side, I totally disagree with the opinion mentioned before, and from my perspective, the benefits of teaching children how to manage money outweigh the drawbacks it brings and there are several specific reasons below to support my opinion. " B! b9 K6 S9 h' p2 p' ?, z) U: @
First and foremost, considering the detrimental consequences it will bring 觉得加个about if children are not to be taught the methods of managing money would be much easier for us to analyze this problem. As known to all, compared with adults, children are week是说weak? at the ability for self-control, which are essential as to the question that whether one could manage money well. So imagine if parents give their children money without teaching them how to manage it, what they will do? Of course, there are good kids who could use money properly; while most of children, as far as I know, are inclined to学习了 spend them whatever they want, such as playing video games, or even commit crime. Unexpected consequences are so harmful that their parents could not even handle it.

So it is obvious now that how terrible it would be without knowledge of managing money, and advantages for this kind of knowledge could strengthen my argument. First, it is beneficial for children to have good and correct mind toward money when children could be taught how to manage money properly. For instance, when I am a little girl, my dad told me that the most important thing in the world is not money, but love; so when friends borrow money from me, it is not appropriate to be selfish at this moment; besides, earning money legally is another principle I have to remember. Apart from those basic principles for money, I was taught how to manage my small amount of money as well. Always saving money and using it at critical moment are what I was told. " [" F3 y! @4 ^: v
Besides, telling children how to manage money also benefits lying in the fact that they could get to know the importance of money.这个观点很好。 As we all know, with the rapid development of society and technology, more items could be bought in the market, and the basis for you to afford them is having enough money. As a saying goes, money is double sword. Nobody could deny that money would cause disaster if not used properly, however, without money nowadays, people could do nothing at all. 稍微绝对了点,So on one hand, by teaching children how to manage money, parents or others teach them what the right attitude toward money is, and at the same time, they could also let children know how important money is in today’s society.感觉有点重复??? With this principle in children’s mind, they will try their best to earn money by themselves, which are beneficial in turn for children’s whole development and improvement of all aspects. ) a+ L0 Y3 P' z: ?" E
To sum up, from analyzing this issue by giving three reasons above, I could draw safely to the conclusion that it is beneficial for children to learn how to manage money for their further development. The correct attitude toward money could be erected and children also get to know the significance of money as well. Taking the drawbacks of lacking education about managing money into consideration, the advantages overshadow the defects it may bring.
LZ论点都很赞。词组搭配用也很好。学习了。
但是觉得某些地方有些句子很兀长。。。论证有点罗嗦地重复。。。可能是我自己水平不够看不习惯吧。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-11 10:42:32 |只看该作者
2011年2月10日 周四:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The environmental issue is too complex to be handled by the individual.

As to the environmental issue that we are facing every day, someone may argue that it is so complex and difficult that merely every individual could not have the ability to cope with. It is true for this statement to some extent, however, in my perspective, this opinion would easily guide people into wrong direction, which may even make the environmental problems worse than now and I strongly argue that every individual also has responsibility for the environmental issues we face.

Admittedly, until now, due to the high pace of urbanization and development of economy, people would consequently require more space for living, which stimulate the process of disforestation and even desertification. Besides, with more and more mobile cars exist, there are more and more carbon dioxide released simultaneously, which takes main responsibility for global warming. All these environmental issues mentioned above are very complex concerning their causes, and therefore, are difficult to solve. It will depend on all the people’s effort from generation to generation. Not any individual could have the ability to cope with all those complex issues in the environment.

However, that doesn’t mean that every individual is free from the response for these environmental issue. It is hard to imagine how the world would like to become if everybody does nothing to this terrible situation with the excuse “ they are too complex for me to handle”. Although the strength for every individual is small, even unnoticeable, every member of the earth should have the mind to take care of their motherland. If everybody can do what they can, the environment in the whole would become better some day. Holding mind for protecting environment is crucial, and everybody could easy to do it. For instance, drop trashes into garbage box without dismissing on the floor, never smoke in places with the sign No Smoking, and don’t use plastic bags. All these things so small that every individual is easy to accomplish, and also have the responsible for doing them. With the small strength accumulates, the situation would change in the future.

On the contrary, there is no doubt that if everyone ignores the environmental issues by stating that these problems are too big and complex, there would be terrible consequences. Of course the situation now would never have the chance to be improves, and at the same time, they would be more serious than today’s situation. If, take myself as example, I always think that the problems for the environment are far from me or are not relevant with me, I would still throw trashes on the floor. Nobody would deny if every individual has the same thoughts with me, there would be more environmental issues on earth.

All in all, although due to the complex and large scale for the environmental issues we are facing with today, merely depending on individual could not solve all the problems. But that doesn’t necessarily equal with the state that individual has no responsible for the environment. With the small strength everybody gives accumulates, the environmental issues would eventually be solved. While contrast with this aspect, there would be terrible consequences if every individual ignore the problems today with the excuse “they are too complex to handle”.

TPO11

The professor casts doubt on the statement presented in the reading material by saying that reading less literature does not necessarily mean the decline of culture in general, and she gives three specific reasons to support her opinion.

First, in the reading, the author asserts that nothing else provides the intellectual stimulation that literature does. While the professor argues there are other forms of writings besides literature that are of high quality, such as science, history, and political analysis. They are also creative and well-written, which could also stimulate people's mind.

Second, it is too hasty to state that reading less literature means the culture declines, and there are many other materials available for people to choose, such as music, and movie. People could learn how to appreciate beauty through listening to music and watching a good movie. Culture changes, so do the forms.

Third, it is not the readers but the authors that should be blamed for the decline of reading literature. Yes, it is true that several years ago, people read more novels than people nowadays do, however, it is not the readers' fault. It is too difficult for today's novels to understand by readers, so they don't like to read them. Readers years ago would not love to read those novels written by today's authors neither.

All in all, the professor challenges the writer's opinion that it is unfortunate for the decline of reading literature by stating three reasons. She conforms that due to the fact that there are more choice and form of writing, many other materials for people to choose, and the difficult understanding of today's literature, it is not surprising for today's decline of literature reading.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-31
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-11 14:29:16 |只看该作者
The professor casts doubt on the statement presented in the reading material by saying that reading less literature does not necessarily mean the decline of culture in general, and she gives three specific reasons to support her opinion.
5 Q/ \4 C1 l3 e5 }/ m  W1 |
First, in the reading, the author asserts that nothing else provides the intellectual stimulation that literature does. While the professor argues there are other forms of writings besides literature that are of high quality, such as science, history, and political analysis. They are also creative and well-written, which could also stimulate people's mind. (我觉得利用听力里的原文多了点。不太好。)

Second, it is too hasty to state that reading less literature means the culture declines, and there are many other materials available for people to choose, such as music, and movie. People could learn how to appreciate beauty through listening to music and watching a good movie. Culture changes, so do the forms. (觉得可以再加一句说说清楚。是在多余的时间里发生的。)
3 p7 E8 w6 A9 K7 E7 d2 d
Third, it is not the readers but the authors that should be blamed for the decline of reading literature. Yes, it is true that several years ago, people read more novels than people nowadays do, however, it is not the readers' fault. It is too difficult for today's novels to understand by readers, (语法有点奇怪)so they don't like to read them. Readers years ago would not love to read those novels written by today's authors neither. & g) T8 \. i5 G4 M
' s. L4 h; n9 j& Y2 i
All in all, the professor challenges the writer's opinion that it is unfortunate for the decline of reading literature by stating three reasons. She conforms that due to the fact that there are more choice and form of writing, many other materials for people to choose, and the difficult understanding of today's literature, it is not surprising for today's decline of literature reading.(总结句……有点长,要不再修改一下加个短句总结。)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-11 15:17:32 |只看该作者
As to the environmental issue that we are facing every day, someone may argue that it is so complex and difficult that merely every individual could not have the ability to cope with. It is true for this statement to some extent, however, in my perspective, this opinion would easily guide people into wrong direction, which may even make the environmental problems worse than now and I strongly argue that every individual also has responsibility for the environmental issues we face. 观点个人应该去做
2 h" b1 M+ M$ B) A* M
Admittedly, until now, due to the high pace of urbanization and development of economy, people would consequently require more space for living, which stimulate the process of disforestation and even desertification. Besides, with more and more mobile cars exist, there are more and more carbon dioxide released simultaneously, which takes main responsibility for global warming. All these environmental issues mentioned above are very complex concerning their causes, and therefore, are difficult to solve. It will depend on all the people’s effort from generation to generation. Not any individual could have the ability to cope with all those complex issues in the environment. 2 分论点说人因为太复杂而又做不了 i6 W) s1 Y
2 B9 f, A" [" o5 X+ q1 N7 V
However, that doesn’t mean that every individual is free from the response for these environmental issue. It is hard to imagine how the world would like to become if everybody does nothing to this terrible situation with the excuse “ they are too complex for me to handle”. Although the strength for(这里应该用of吧?) every individual is small, even unnoticeable, every member of the earth should have the mind to take care of their motherland. If everybody can do what they can, the environment in the whole would become better some day. Holding mind for protecting environment is crucial, and everybody could easy to do it. For instance, drop trashes into garbage box without dismissing on the floor, never smoke in places with the sign No Smoking, and don’t use plastic bags. All these things so small that every individual is easy to accomplish, and also have the responsible for doing them. With the small strength accumulates, the situation would change in the future. 7 M! b0 V7 这里又转折说有些事情还是需要个人去做p1 q9 g9 g: m

On the contrary(这个contrary是跟第二段还是第三段对比还得看了后面的内容才知道,这样写是不是有点不妥? ), there is no doubt that if everyone ignores the environmental issues by stating that these problems are too big and complex, there would be terrible consequences. Of course the situation now would never have the chance to be improves, and at the same time, they would be more serious than today’s situation. If, take myself as example, I always think that the problems for the environment are far from me or are not relevant with me, I would still throw trashes on the floor. Nobody would deny if every individual has the same thoughts with me, there would be more environmental issues on earth. & R8 k/ I) n9 b' ~  R0 m, T这段写忽视的后果

All in all, although due to the complex and large scale for the environmental issues we are facing with today, merely depending on individual could not solve all the problems. But that doesn’t necessarily equal with the state that individual has no responsible for the environment. With the small strength everybody gives accumulates, the environmental issues would eventually be solved. While contrast with this aspect, there would be terrible consequences if every individual ignore the problems today with the excuse “they are too complex to handle”.

lz要写两个正面一个反面的话 建议 先写两个正面 不然给人感觉逻辑蛮乱啊
个人愚见。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-11 18:32:01 |只看该作者
不好意思改晚了,昨天有事出去
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-11 21:15:36 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-12 10:35:08 |只看该作者
2011年2月11日 周五:
独立:
3 Z: W: k4 i# Z2 FDo you agree with the following statement? Some people think to watch a movie in a cinema is better, but others think at home is better.

It is always debatable as to whether it is better to watch a movie in a cinema or at home. Someone asserts that watching movie at home is convenient and comfortable, while others, including me, insist that it is in a cinema that we can enjoy the movie, focusing on the content of movie, feeling the fantastic outcomes the best instruments bring to us, and enjoy the time with friends.

Admittedly, it is true that watching movies at home is relatively convenient and comfortable, and to some extent, more cheaper than going to a cinema watching movies. The thing that most students would like to do is to download a movie from Internet, merely charging a small amount of fee, and watch it by computer in the dorm eating snacks and surfing internet at the same time. People choosing this way to watch movies would like to claim that I don’t need to walk outside and pay for the ticket, and I could do others things at the same time. While for me, this is not the best way to enjoy movies.

As we all know, cinema provides us with fabulous instruments, including comfortable seats, terrific sound instruments, big screen, and the most significant element, the atmosphere. With the light off and the great sound effects it brings, all the people in it become quiet and focus on the movie. This kind of atmosphere is so attractive that I would like to do the same, keep my breath and pay my attention on the story showed on the big screen.

Besides, sitting in the seats in the cinema and the only thing before my eyes is the movie, so under this circumstance, I can focus my attention on this movie itself without distraction. Compared with watching movies at home, it is much easier to tell the differences. Imagine we rent a disk and play it at home. I always feel unsatisfied if merely sitting on couch and watching the movie. I am inclined to do others things at the same time, such as having dinner, talking to my mom, or doing my work with computer on my lap. So there are so many things to distract my attention. And if I choose to go a cinema and watch a movie, the situation is quite different. Focusing on the movie itself, I can understand it better.

Last but not least, one of the best entertaining way for my friends and I is to go to cinema and enjoy the movie there. Through watching movie together, we can have more similar topics with each other, which will definitely enhance our relationship. I remember last time I went to watch Avanda with my roommates. We are so excited about watching the movie and we talked and laughed a lot on the way back school. This experience is so fascinating!

All in all, although there are advantages watching movie at home, from my perspective, the benefits of going to a cinema and watching movie outweigh that of watching at home. In a cinema, it furnishes better equipments and better atmosphere. I can focus on this movie without much distraction in it. And we have more topics with friends, due to the fact that watching movies in a cinema is the main way for us to entertain and relax.

TPO12综合
In the lecture, the professor thinks the statement in reading passage does not convincing, especially concerning whether Jane Austen was a teenager at that time, and the specific reasons are given by the professor to confirm his opinion.

Initially, in the reading, the author asserts that in 1882, Austen's family gave permission to use the portrait as illustration for her letters, while the professor thinks this statement isn't convincing. When this portrait was used to be an evidence for her letters in 1882, Austen had already been dead for 70 years, so her family didn't even see her themselves. So they could not determine whether the teenager in the portrait was Austen or not.

Besides, the fact in the reading that the face in the portrait resembles with the one in Cassandra's sketch does not necessarily mean the girl was Austen herself. The professor thinks maybe that is Austen's relative. It is known that the extend of Austen's family was very large, and any teenage girl in this big family could be the girl in portrait. Apart from this, someone has already believed that the teenage girl in this portrait is Austen's distant niece.

Finally, evidence about the portrait's canvas also contributes to the professor's opinion. It was found that the canvas of the portrait was sold by a man called William, and he didn't start to sell canvas until the time when Austen was 27 years old, much older than the girl in the portrait. So with this evidence, it could not be Austen herself in this portrait.

All in all, although the author of the reading asserts that the subject of the portrait is Austen herself, the professor gives three specific reasons mentioned above which are incompatible with the reading to prove the reading passage is unconvincing.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-12 11:01:37 |只看该作者
In the lecture, the professor thinks the statement in reading passage does not convincing, especially concerning whether Jane Austen was a teenager at that time, and the specific reasons are given by the professor to confirm his opinion. # |  ~% U. |7 z- c9 o" S
" P! d' d% X* ^8 H+ P
Initially, in the reading, the author asserts that in 1882, Austen's family gave permission to use the portrait as illustration for her letters(阅读里的句子转述一下比较好,最好不要直接拿来用), while the professor thinks this statement isn't convincing. When this portrait was used to be an evidence for her letters in 1882, Austen had already been dead for 70 years, so her family didn't even see her themselves. So they could not determine whether the teenager in the portrait was Austen or not.
' R! V7 L6 N" D
Besides, the fact in the reading that the face in the portrait resembles with the one in Cassandra's sketch does not necessarily mean the girl was Austen herself. The professor thinks maybe that is Austen's relative. It is known that the extend of Austen's family was very large, and any teenage girl in this big family could be the girl in portrait. Apart from this, someone has already believed that the teenage girl in this portrait is Austen's distant niece.

Finally, evidence about the portrait's canvas also contributes to the professor's opinion. It was found that the canvas of the portrait was sold by a man called William, and he didn't start to sell canvas until the time when Austen was 27 years old, much older than the girl in the portrait. So with this evidence, it could not be Austen herself in this portrait.
+ G; ?" e2 X0 T+ ~5
All in all, although the author of the reading asserts that the subject of the portrait is Austen herself, the professor gives three specific reasons mentioned above which are incompatible with the reading to prove the reading passage is unconvincing. 看了lz的作文才发现自己的综合悲剧了,真不觉得还有什么要改的
学习了
顺便提一下
我上作文课时老师说阅读里的句子不要直接引用,最好转述 听力里的怎么用都行

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-12 11:50:41 |只看该作者
好滴,记住啦~~ 40# py5223

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-31
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-12 14:08:46 |只看该作者
周五:' V, G2 t" X2 t* m
独立:, v& i+ E5 p: H3 }
3 Z: W: k4 i# Z2 FDo you agree with the followingstatement? Some people think to watch a movie in a cinema is better, but othersthink at home is better.1 F3 L1 v7 f, n; n
- a. k* Z0 N3 j' b- g
* n- z4 W  }9 j
It is always debatable as to whether it is better to watcha movie in a cinema or at home. Someone asserts that watching movie at home isconvenient and comfortable, while others, including me, insist that it is in acinema that we can enjoy the movie, focusing on the content of movie, feelingthe fantastic outcomes the best instruments bring to us, and enjoy the timewith friends.
. u" w* }7 \$ x% i1 Z1 w: l5 w
0 i: W" f9 }* F- W! q' K* R
Admittedly, it is true that watching movies at home isrelatively convenient and comfortable, (重复,觉得不必要)and tosome extent, more cheaper than going to a cinema watching movies. The thingthat most students would like to do is to download a movie from Internet,merely charging a small amount of fee, and watch it by computer in the dormeating snacks and surfing internet at the same time. People choosing this wayto watch movies would like to claim that I don’t need to walk outside and payfor the ticket, and I could do others things at the same time. While for me,this is not the best way to enjoy movies(为什么不和看开头一段并起来,太长了).
5 ()
As we all know, cinema provides us with fabulousinstruments, including comfortable seats, terrific sound instruments, bigscreen, and the most significant element, the atmosphere. With the light offand the great sound effects it brings, all the people in it become quiet andfocus on the movie. This kind of atmosphere is so attractive that I would liketo do the same, keep my breath and pay my attention on the story showed on thebig screen.

3 x' D8 O" {+ C# a0 U
Besides, sitting in the seats in the cinema and the onlything before my eyes is the movie, so under this circumstance, I can focus myattention on this movie itself without distraction. Compared with watchingmovies at home, it is much easier to tell the differences. Imagine we rent adisk and play it at home. I always feel unsatisfied if merely sitting on couchand watching the movie. I am inclined to do others things at the same time,such as having dinner, talking to my mom, or doing my work with computer on mylap. So there are so many things to distract my attention. And if I choose togo a cinema and watch a movie, the situation is quite different. Focusing onthe movie itself, I can understand it better.

5 r$ o1 n. ]6 S8 x# N" [
Last but not least, one of the best entertaining way formy friends and I is to go to cinema and enjoy the movie there. Through watchingmovie together, we can have more similar topics with each other, which willdefinitely enhance our relationship. I remember last time I went to watch Avandawith my roommates. We are so excited about watching the movie and we talked andlaughed a lot on the way back school. This experience is so fascinating!
9 T! Y6 ^2 k  @8 e( T' e: g
All in all, although there are advantages watching movieat home, from my perspective, the benefits of going to a cinema and watchingmovie outweigh that of watching at home. In a cinema, it furnishes betterequipments and better atmosphere. I can focus on this movie without muchdistraction in it. And we have more topics with friends, due to the fact thatwatching movies in a cinema is the main way for us to entertain and relax.
(总结段稍稍长了,没啥必要)

很流利很通顺~例子也很有说服力~~

TPO12综合
In the lecture, the professor thinks the statement inreading passage does not convincing, especially concerning whether Jane Austenwas a teenager at that time, and the specific reasons are given by theprofessor to confirm his opinion.

Initially, in the reading, the author asserts that in1882, Austen's family gave permission to use the portrait as illustration forher letters, while the professor thinks this statement isn't convincing. (刚用过……)When this portrait was usedto be an evidence for her letters in 1882, Austen had already been dead for 70years, so her family didn't even see her themselves. (转述)So they could not determinewhether the teenager in the portrait was Austen or not.

Besides, the fact in the reading that the face in theportrait resembles with the one in Cassandra's sketch does not necessarily meanthe girl was Austen herself. The professor thinks maybe that is Austen'srelative. It is known that the extend of Austen's family was very large, andany teenage girl in this big family could be the girl in portrait. Apart fromthis, someone has already believed that the teenage girl in this portrait isAusten's distant niece.
Finally, evidence about the portrait's canvas alsocontributes to the professor's opinion. It was found that the canvas of theportrait was sold by a man called William, and he didn't start to sell canvasuntil the time when Austen was 27 years old, much older than the girl in theportrait. So with this evidence, it could not be Austen herself in thisportrait.

- d: Z5 S9 M# c& p7 w; w%e" p' u
All in all, although the author of the reading assertsthat the subject of the portrait is Austen herself, the professor gives threespecific reasons mentioned above which are incompatible with the reading toprove the reading passage is unconvincing.

写得很好呀~~简洁,学习了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-12 19:58:56 |只看该作者

2011年2月12日 周六:

: O3 T+ f" \/ y9 {' P# [
独立:
7 s/ Y' s- w6 n7 ~+ I9 K% DDo you agree with the following statement? Children should play sports only for fun, and should not attend competitions and contests.
( h4 `! o. l# t& U
综合: TPO135 _: O+ M+ J0 ?- B3 V$ ]6 U

As to the issue that whether children should merely enjoy sports for fun without thinking competitions or contents, or they should attend competitions instead, people would always have many different stances. From my perspective, I would choose to aside with the latter one, which would help inspire children’s potential abilities, enhance their professional skills and also make friends with those who share the same interests.

It is true that when children are very young, they should not have any burden about playing. What they can get from playing sports is fun, which is the only and the most important thing. If they grow in this carefree way, they could have a wonderful childhood, without tasks, and without any requirements. I believe that is every child’s dream. Playing football, for instance, is one of their hobbies, the things that they love to do without any concrete aim.

However, as children grow older, they should treat their hobbies more and more seriously. As everybody knows, the competition in the society is becoming more and more fierce, and without anything that could different you from others, it is difficult for you to accomplish success. Of course, getting involved into competitions, the certifications children acquire are useful because they are a kind of prove for children’s ability, which are beneficial for their further development. Besides, and more crucial, through competing with others, who are also expert in this specific area, children’s ability could be enhanced in the process. Take myself as an example. I used to attend many calligraphy competitions when I was very young, and after every competition, my teacher would analyze my defects and my advantages presented in my work, so next time, I can do better. This is a process of growing, and I thank these competitions a lot.

The evidence that attending competitions and contents could also let children make more friends with similar interests will enhance my position. No one will deny that people with similar interests have more propensities to become good friends, so through competition, children could not only harvest more professional skills and improved abilities, but also get more friends. As to myself, I deeply remember the reason I meet one of my best friends. We all participated the table tennis competition, so we got to know each other. Later I found our characteristics were similar and I loved to talk to her, so did her. So later we became good friends. Knowing more friends and having wonderful relationships, how fascinating they are!

To sum up, through the evidences above, I could safely draw the conclusion that it is beneficial for children to participate competitions or contents, which does good to their ability improvement and skill enhancement. And in the process they could also make more friends with similar interests, which are so important and wonderful for them.

TPO13

In the reading passage, the author asserts that it is detrimental to sell fossils to private ownership, however, in the lecture the professor thinks that this defects are exaggerated and the benefits it brings would certainly outweigh the drawbacks. The professor gives three specific reasons to support her idea.

Initially, on the contrary to the idea in the passage that public would have difficulty to see the fossils once they are sold to private collectors. However, the professor claims that greater exposure to fossil would be available for the public. Due the fact that fossils are now sold to private collectors, as mentioned above, they are more easy for purchase, so low public institutions could buy them and display the fossils for the public.

Second, unlike the statement goes in the reading that there are less ways for scientists to get in touch with important fossils, and therefore they may miss potential discoveries, the professor disagrees with this statement. She confirms that every piece of fossils will be scientifically identified, so every detail would be examined careful on fossils. Besides, before put on values, every fossil would be passed through hands of scientific experts, so scientific communities would never miss any important discovery out there.

Finally, as to the potential damage the private collectors may do on fossils, the professor asserts that without damage, many fossils would never been discovered. So which would they choose? Would they choose to keep fossils intact even with the price of not discovering them? The professor doesn't think this is reasonable.

All in all, the reading passage is disputed by the lecture and the professor confirms that the benefits of selling fossils outweigh the defects it brings.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-13 00:11:33 |只看该作者
2.12 独立
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望