2010-1-30
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-9-3 00:25:43 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 Suki1990 于 2011-9-3 00:31 编辑

92 20100213NA 版本1

Do you agree with the following statement? In a team, those who do not accept others’ criticism cannot succeed.

Teamwork, as a kind of efficient way of working out problem, is widely applied in the academic assignment and office tasks. As a member of college students who often organize teams to cope with the academic homework, I can't agree anymore that people who fail to accept partners' criticism may have difficulties in their career development, because he may have problems in cooperation with others, communication with people holding different opinions and having a positive attitude toward his weakness.

First of all, people who do not accept others' criticism are often lack of the spirit of cooperation which plays an important role in the office culture. As we all known, teamwork means that people with different background works together like a team. Any member’s abruptly refusing others’ suggestion exerts pressure on our group consensus and destroys the harmony atmosphere when group has a team discussion. Such people are impossible to be a leader of a group, not mention to his success. Even if our matured suggestion is challenged by others, we should accept it and then refute it. It is important to maintain an atmosphere of cooperation.

In addition, one reason of people refuse others' advice often lies in his or her poor communication skills which many successful businessmen put great emphasis on when they give a lecture to students. Take my experience for example. During the summer vacation, I invited one of top student in my class to join in our academic research program. Our group members admired him because of his outstanding academic ability. However, it was disappointed for us that the partner was so absorbed in his own world that he refused most our thoughts and even didn't clearly explain the reason he didn't agree with us. At last, our group didn't finish our summer program. It proves that the abilities leading us to success should include the communication skills. Otherwise, people with perfect problem-solving skills may fail if he isn't good at expressing his thoughts to others.

The last reason I agree with the statement is that people's refusing others' advice often means his refusing to acknowledge his weakness, which exert a negative influence on his road to success. During the process of group-talking, group members represent their thoughts and listen to others' comments. If there is some one pointing out the weakness of our opinion, we should earnestly think about it and ask ourselves whether I should modify my suggestion. For those rejecting others' criticism, it is possible that they aren't frankly faced with people's fault-finding. How a person could make a progress if he or she is so afraid of accepting others' criticism?

In conclusion, it is impossible for people to be a successful person who are reluctant to accept others' criticism. Because this kind of behavior reflects that he has possible weakness in cooperation, communication and learning attitude. All the three aspects are crucial criteria when we judge a person's possibility of success. I think if we want to train us to be successful, attending a group is a good choice.
寻找TOEFL考友!!!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-8-5
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2011-9-3 12:34:36 |只看该作者
Sunki1990好~

我修改完了,word上编辑完,一发回复帖,字体颜色就全消失了。告诉我一个邮箱地址吧?我发到你邮箱里。
第一次修改作文,纯属个人意见,说的不对的地方原谅我哈
Studying English~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-8-5
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2011-9-3 16:06:25 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 Joymoon0307 于 2011-9-3 16:13 编辑

92 20100213NA 版本1
Do you agree with the following statement? In a team, those who do not accept others’ criticism cannot succeed

92日的题目是这个:
92 20100213NA 版本2 Do you agree with the following statement? People holding different views cannot achieve success as a team..

By Suki1990

Teamwork, as a kind of efficient way of working out problem, is widely applied in the academic assignment and office tasks. As a member of college students who often organize teams to cope with the academic homework, I can't agree anymore that people who fail to accept partners' criticism may have difficulties in their career development, because he may have problems in cooperation(cooperating) with others, communication(communicating) with people holding different opinions and having a positive attitude toward his weakness.

First of all, people who do not accept others' criticism are often lack of the spirit of cooperation which plays an important role in the office culture. As we all known, teamwork means that people with different background works together like a team. Any member’s abruptly refusing others’ suggestion exerts pressure on our group consensus and destroys the harmony atmosphere when the group 可数名词单数,前面要有冠词has a team discussion. Such people are impossible to be a leader of a group, not mention to his success. Even if our matured suggestion is challenged by others, we should accept it and then refute it. It is important to maintain an atmosphere of cooperation.

In addition, one reason of people refuse others' advice often lies in his or her poor communication skills which many successful businessmen put great emphasis on when they give a lecture to students. Take my experience for example. During the summer vacation, I invited one of the top students (one of +名词复数;students前面有top修饰语限定,我觉得应该加the)in my class to join in our academic research program. Our group members admired him because of his outstanding academic ability. However, it was disappointed for us that the partner was so absorbed in his own world that he refused most our thoughts and even didn't clearly explain the reason why(……的原因,个人认为,应该有why) he didn't agree with us. At last, our group didn't finish our summer program. It proves that the abilities leading us to success should include the communication skills. Otherwise, people with perfect problem-solving skills may fail if he isn't good at expressing his thoughts to others.6 Z"

The reason whythe reason that:
The reason why+(结果),表示“……的原因”。例:I’d like to know the reason why you’re so late.
The reason that +(原因本身的内容) ,表示“……就是原因”。We aren’t going for the simple reason that we can’t afford it.
The last reason I agree with the statement is that people's refusing others' advice often means his refusing to acknowledge his weakness, which exert a negative influence on his road to success. During the process of group-talking, group members represent their thoughts and listen to others' comments. If there is some one pointing out the weakness of our opinion, we should earnestly think about it and ask ourselves whether I should modify my suggestion. For those rejecting others' criticism, it is possible that they aren't frankly faced with people's fault-finding. How a person could make a progress if he or she is so afraid of accepting others' criticism?
) t. D. I, u+ O4 T
In conclusion, it is impossible for people to be a successful person单复数不一致 who are reluctant to accept others' criticism. Because(,because this kind of behavior reflects that he has possible weakness in cooperation, communication and learning attitude. All the three aspects are crucial criteria when we judge a person's possibility of success. I think if we want to train us(ourselves) to be successful, attending a group is a good choice.

PSLearn from you ! Especially the abundant syntactic varieties and the plentiful advanced words~

Studying English~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-1-30
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2011-9-3 19:16:00 |只看该作者
2# Joymoon0307 349626182@qq.com
谢谢你们
寻找TOEFL考友!!!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-1-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-9-3 22:38:37 |只看该作者

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Working at home using computers or telephones is better than working in the office.

With more and more electronic equipments applied in the office to assist our working, some companies provide officers with optional choice of working at home using computers and telephones. This phenomenon causes a widely discussion among people who get accustomed to the traditional way of working in the office. As a young adult so familiar with the application of computers, I concede that working at home using computers and telephones brings us many benefits such as saving our time, making people more convenient and even protecting our environment.

In the first place, working at the home saves our time in comminuting between the office and home. As a result, officers can take a full use of the saved time to company their family members. With the cities' expanding, the office buildings are stead in the Central Business Distract while officers’' homes are located in the suburbs. Consequently, the white collars have to get up at the five o'clock to arrive at office in time and return to home often after 7 PM. However, once officers choose to work at home, they not only can release from the suffering of riding a bus with the crowed people, but also leave the enough time to prepare lunch and dinner for their children. From my perspective, working at home provides a way to strike a balance between work and home since it permits us to stay with family members as long as we can.

In addition, working at home means we have more private time so we don't have to pay much attention on our dressing, which it is great of convenience for people who are tired of making up. For example, in some companies it is ruled that personnel should wear the uniform in the office, which makes them feel constrained. But if we spend the office time at home, we can optionally choose the cloth style. Even if we put on the pajamas to write the reports sitting in front of the computers, supervisors hardly blame us according to the office rules. Without worrying about people’s comments on our wearing, officers certainly can push themselves wholeheartedly into their work assignments.

The last reason why I support the statement is that working at home using computers or telephones, to some degree, have its advantages in environment protection. The most evident advantage is that without adding new working space, government can develop the unclaimed land into the green spot which acts as the supply station of fresh air in the central of the city. In addition, with the assistance of computers and telephones, companies could turn their working place into the paperless office. By this way, millions of trees can avoid being cut down by paper producing companies. There is no reason to refuse every possible way to take care of our earth especially when the environmental issue reaches to the point that it is no time to delay.

In conclusion, working at home with computers or telephones pave us a way to a kind of more time-saving, convenient and environment-friendly lifestyle. With the increasing number of people developing occupational diseases caused by psychological pressure or environmental problems, I strongly recommend that people should attempt to work at home with computers or telephones.

寻找TOEFL考友!!!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-9-4 12:30:23 |只看该作者
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望