寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2011-9-30 10:30:42 |只看该作者

The old Canada Road is
along last(a long-lost) trailbetween the Canadian Province of Quback and Wing(Quebec and Maine地名,写错了情有可原,下面的都错了,就不改了。) and(,in the) northeast corner of UnitedStates. Yes, it really was lost. And finding it again was a complex processthat involved state of (+the,state-of-the-art) art technology. How the location of the road waspinpointed is very interesting. And now(去掉) I will return to what I will soon give(to it as soon as i've given)
you a little background information. The road was begun in 1817, a few yearsbefore Wing even become a state. At a(the) time, Quback was a major market for lifestock(livestock), crops and fish. So a road to Quback was seen by official(officials,当时就不明白,以为official就是adj官方的,忘了official可以作官员讲的嘛!) and(in) Ming as necessaryfor trade. For about 20 years, the movement of people and goods was mostly(+from) Wingto Quback. But then the trend reversed as a thousand(thousands) of Canadians immigrated toWing to a skip cross(escape poor crops) ,(+a) lack of jobs and the thread of disease. I think it was acolorrap academic(cholera epidemic) Besides these negative reasons, major building projects at(in)Ming also made the state very attractive for the Canadians who needed to(去掉) work.I should stress though that the immigrations during that period went in bothdirections. In fact, the flow of people and goods went completely unhindered. Theyweren’t even a board(there wasn't even a border) post until around 1850s. They people of the time saw Wing andQuback as a single region, mainly because of a(the) strong French influence, which(+is)still the evident of(in) Wing today. Eventually the road fell into disuse says(as,表原因!) amajor railway(+was) completed. Finally people simply forgot about it and that is how(+it)came to be lost. This brings me back to an(the) original topic.

1. state-of-the-art 最高水准
2. pinpoint 精确指出位置
3. livestock 牲畜
4. cholera epidemic 霍乱流行病
5. border post边防哨所

本篇挺难的,可能是好久没听听力的缘故,听起来很费劲。主要讲了联通两个province 的road 是how to lost的。Professor在这一段之后其实要说这个road 是怎么被pinpoint的,在这个之前它先介绍了backgroud.就是这一段的内容。贸易reverse由于一些negative reasons。并且强调了两者的trade是很顺利,unhindered,没有border post。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-11
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2011-9-30 14:43:01 |只看该作者
请问你的听力材料都来自哪里?用哪个最好啊?
我没有老托的材料的说。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2011-9-30 21:16:36 |只看该作者
3# dnangel106
这个资料挺好下的吧。呵呵,这个材料比较适合听写,都是1分多钟的段子,难度和现在的真题差不多。
~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-9-30 21:23:17 |只看该作者

OK, in the last class, we talked about the classification of trees, and weended up with a basic description of the angel sperms(angiosperms被子植物). You remember that
was the
(those are) plants with trueflowers and seeds that developed(develop) insides fruits.The common broadly (broadleaf 阔叶树) trees we have on campus falling in(fall into)this category was Pine Stont(but our pinesdon't). Now I hope you all follow(followed) myadvice and wear(wore) comfortable shoes becauseas I said today we are going to do a little field study. To get started, let medescribe a couple of broadly(the broadleaf)trees we have in front of us. I am sure you all notice(you've all noticed) that this big tree next to broadlyhole(Brant Hall). It is a black ona(walnut)that must be 18(80) feet tall. As a matter of fact, there is a plack(plaque血小板??) identifying it is the tallest black wall nut(walnut) in the state. Andfrom here, we can see the beautiful archway of trees of the common(at the Commons). There were(they're)American alms(elms). The ones along the common(Commons) were planted when the college was founded ahundred and twenty years ago. They have the distinctive dark-green leaves thatlook lopsided because the two sides of the leaves are unequal. I want(+you) to notice the alm(elm)right outside Jackson hall. Some of its leaves has(have)withered and turned yellow maybe due to darch-alm(Dutch-elm)disease. Only a few braches seem infected(affected)so far. But if this tree is sick, it will have to be cut down. Well, let usmove on, and I will describe what we see as we go.

1.angiosperms
被子植物
2.broadleaf trees 阔叶树
walnut 胡桃树
4. plaque 血小板
5. lopsided 不平衡的
本篇难度适中,生物课。老师带着学生去做field study,一边走一边介绍。属于现场教学,让他们认识angiosperm。主要介绍了一种broadleaf tree,---walnut.之后又介绍了elm。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-1 22:12:09 |只看该作者
I was really glad when your club invited me to share my coin collection. It’s
in(been?) my passion since I first collected(collected my first) Lincoln scent(cent) in 1971. That is a(the) current penny with Perhaps(Abraham) Lincoln’s image. Just a little history before I started(start in)
on my own collection. Lincoln Pennies are made of copper. And they would(were) the first United States coin to bear the nickless(likeness) of the(a) president. It was back in 1909 when the country was celebrating the centenary(centennial) of Lincoln’s birth in 1809. But(.去掉,that) the decision was made to redesign the one cent piece in his honor. Before ahead(that), the coin(penny) had an American Indian head on it. The new penny was designed by artist Victor David Brane(Brenner). It(This) is interesting because he put(+his) initial ZDB(initials V.D.B,听的是ZDB,按意思啊,人家叫victor David Brenner,可不是VDB了。) on the reverse of the coin in its original design. There was a general uproar when the initials were discovered, and there were(去掉) only a(+limited)number of coins(+were) struck with the initials on them. Today, a penny with the initials from the San Francisco mint called the 1909 SZDB is worth over 500 dollars. Now, when I started my coin collection, I began with the penny for several reasons. There were a lot of them,(.) several hundred billion of a(have been) minted. And there were a lot of people collecting them, so I have(had) plenty of people to trade with and talk to about my collection. Also, it was a coin that I could afford to collect as a young teenager. In the 25 years since then, I have managed to acquire over 300 coins, some of them very wield(rare). I will be sharing with you today some of my rare(rarer) specimens, including the 1909 SVDB.

1.likeness 肖像
2.centenial 百年纪念
3.uproar 喧嚣

本篇难度中等。讲的是收集coin的事情~~先讲了她收集的第一个Lincoln Pennies的history,包括设计者留下了珍贵的initials VDB.之后说了为什么她选择began with the penny来收集~然后就是给同学们分享她的rarer的specimens了。~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-1 23:44:47 |只看该作者

Today, I wantto talk to you about the wasps and their nests. You (+will)recall that biologistsdivide species of wasps into two groups, solitary and social. Solitarywasps, as the name implies, do not live together with other wasps. In mostspecies, the male and female get together only to mate, and then the female does allthe work of building the nest and providing the(去掉) food for the offspring byherself. Solitary wasps usually make nests on(in) the ground and they separate thechebers(chambers) for individual offspring with its(bits of) grass, stone or mud, whatever ishandy. What about social wasps? They form(+a) community and work together to buildand maintain the nest. A nest begins in the spring when the fortal(fertile) femalecalled (+the) queen build(s) the first few compartments of the nest and lay(s) eggs. Thefirst offspring are small females that cannot lay eggs. These females calledworkers and(去掉) then build a lot of new compartments and queen lay(s) more eggs. They alsocare for the new offspring and defend the nest with their stingers. By the way,only female wasps have stingers. Most social wasps make  nest(s) of paper. The femalesproduce the papers by chewing up the plant fibers or old wood. They spread thepaper in thin layers to make cells in which the queen lays her eggs. Most ofyou I am sure have seen these nests, suspended from trees. They may also bebuilt undergrounds, in abandoned rooten gross(rodent burrows).

1.chamber 蜂箱,房间
2. be handy 在手边,容易得的
3. fertile 能繁殖的
4.rodent 啮齿动物
5. burrow 洞穴

本篇较为简单,主要讲述了两种wasps各自的特点。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-5 10:29:51 |只看该作者
One of themost popular mazes(myths) about the United States in the 19 century was that of thefree and simple life of the famer. It was said that farmers were tard(worked hard)
on theirown land to produce whatever their families needed. They might sometimes tradewith neighbors. But in general, they could get along just fine by relying onthemselves, not on commercial ties with others. This is how Thomas Jefferson

idealizes(idealized) the farmer at the beginningof the 19 century. And at that time, this may be(have been) close to the truth, especiallyon the frontier. But by mid-century, sweeping changes in agriculture were wellunderway. As(well under way as) famers began to specialize in raze(the raising of) crops such as cotton or corn orwheat. By late in the century, revolutionary advances in famer(farm)
machinery had vastlyincreased production of specialized crops. And the extensive network of rareroads(railroads) had linked farmer throughout the country to markets in the East and evenoverseas. By razing(raising) and selling specialized crops, famers could afford more andfiner goods, and achieve a much higher standard of living but at a price. Nowfamers were no longer dependent just on the weather and their own efforts. Theirlives were increasing(increasingly) controlled by banks, which had power to grant or denyloans for new machinery and by the rare roads(railroads), which set the rates for shifting(shipping)their crops to market. As businessmen, famers now had to worry about thenational economic depressions and the influence of the world’s(去掉's) supply and demandon, for example, the price of wheat and cancus(in Kansas). And so, by the end of the 19century, the era of Jefferson’s independent famer had come to aclose.

1. idealize 理想化
2. frontier 边境、边疆
3. under way 进行中
4. come to a close 逐渐结束

本篇难度中等,讲了美国famer的生活。在19世纪初,杰斐逊总统给出的idealize是靠自己。在19世纪中期,发生了巨大变化,开始专业化生产。在末期,production增加,他们的生活受到banks和railroads的制约。需要关注economic, world supply and demand。所以,独立的famer的形式也逐渐结束了。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-5 12:11:17 |只看该作者

Before moving on to a new topic, I want to finish up our unit of reknez(arachnids). By(小写,和上一句话连着) looking at what may see(seem) the(a) very unusual aspective(aspect) spider behavior, a species where the young spiders actually conceal(consume 吃) the body of their mother. Unlike most of(去掉) other spiders, this species lays one and only one cluch(clutch) of 40 eggs in their(her) lifetime. The young spiders hatch in mid spring or early summer, inside the nest lives(a nest of eucalyptus leaves). Their mother spends the warm summer months bringing home large insects, (破折号)often ten-times are(her) weight(破折号), for meals
. The catches(catch is ) always significantly more than her young spiders can eat. So the mother fattens are self(herself)-up on this extra prey, and stores the nutrients in her extra unfertilized eggs. As the weather turns cold(colder), there are fewer insects(insect) prey to hunt. That is when the nutrients stored in those extra eggs begin to seep into the mother’s blood strain(bloodstream). So when there are no more insects to feed to the young spiders, they attach themselves to the mother’s leg jolts(joints) and draw nourishment by sacking(sucking) the nutrient-reach(rich) blood. After several weeks, the mother is depleted of all nutrients and she dies. But then how (+do)the young get nourishment? They start to seed(feed) on one another. Now if you recall our discussion of Darwin, you will see the revolutionary(evolutionary) value of this: Only the strongest spiders of the cluch(clutch) will survive this carterblism(cannibalism). And the mother spider will have ensured that her genes have(+an) increased chance of survival through future generations.

1. arachnid 蜘蛛类动物
2. clutch 一次产的或孵的蛋 clutch of eggs 一窝卵
3. eucalyptus 桉树
4. fatten oneself up 养肥自己
5. seep into 渗入
6. bloodstream 血流
7. leg joints 腿关节
8. cannibalism  嗜食同类

本篇较难,生词(难词)较多。讲述了一种特殊类型的spider. 他们要eat their mother. mother spider 首先会only lays a clutch of 40 eggs, 然后hatch them。 在warm summer , mother 去找insects,很多,把自己fatten,并且把多余的store在unfertilized eggs里面。等到weather colder了,那些nutriens in the extra eggs 就能够seep into the mother's bloodstrem来为其提供营养,young spiders 此时就attach on mother's leg joints 去suck这些full of nutrients 的blood. 之后,mother dies. 此时young spiders 则会相互残杀(cannibalism)只有stongest的才能survivial. 通过这种方式mother 使得她的genes 能够流传入future generations.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-5 16:22:25 |只看该作者
Moving awayfrom newspapers(+,) let us now focus on magazines. Now, the first magazine was a littleperiodical called The Review. And it was started in London in 1704. It looked alot like the newspapers of the time. But in term of its content, it was muchdifferent. Newspapers were concerned mainly with news events, but The Reviewfocused on important domestic issues of the day as well as the policies of thegovernment. Now, in England at the time, people could still be thrown in jailfor publishing articles that were critical of the king. And that was(that's) whathappened to Dnew Defu(Daniel Defoe 后面就不改了). He was the outspoken founder of (+The) Review. Defu actuallywrote the first issue of the Review from president(prison). You see, he had beenarrested because of his writing(s) that criticizes(criticized) the policies of the Church ofEngland, which was headed by the king. After his release, Defu continued toproduce The Review and the magazine started to appeal of(appear on a) more frequent schedule,about three times a week. It didn’t take long for other magazines to start poppingup. In 1709, a magazine called the Typler(The tatler) began publication. This new magazinecontained (+a) mixture of news, portrait(poetry), political analysis and philosophicalessays.

1. pop up 雨后春笋般出现
2. outspoken 直言不讳的

本篇比较简单,讲述了the first magazine和它的founder的故事。之后又提到了另一个杂志The tatler.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-5 18:56:17 |只看该作者
There is an art exhibition here on campuswhich ties(+in) well the discussion(s) we had about folk art. It’s an exhibition ofwildlife art calendars from about 100 years ago. Like most of(去掉) other folk art,the calendar pictures were not considered to be art
the wrong day(in their own day). Peopledis(just)-thought of them(+as) a way of decorating a practical objects(object). In fact, the calendarpictures were originally put it(printed) as advertizing for various companies that madehunting or fishing products, by guns or fishing ruts(rods). The calendars were handedout free for(to) customers for(to) thank them for their business. Most people just hungthe calendars on their walls where the pictures bested(faded) on(in) the sun and then torethe pictures off the calendar as each month passed. As a result, collectorstoday place a lot of value on calendars that are complete and in good condition.Even though the people who used the calendars didn’t regard them as art, the originalpaintings the prints were made from were often of a(去掉) good quality. In fact, manyfamous wildlife painters created a(去掉) calendar art at some point in their lives. Tothem, it was a way of getting a(their) work way produced and showed around(reproduced and shown around). One aspectof this exhibit that I found(find) very interesting is a way these pictures wereflight(reflect)
changing attitude(s) toward wildlife. The picture(s) in the exhibit often portraitsthrough(portray the thrill and) adventure of hunting rather than any particular concern for wildlife preservation.But most of today’s wildlife art shows animals in their natural surrounds withoutany human in the scene. This modern wildlife art appeals to large numbers of naturallovers, even those who opposed(oppose)the practice of honey(hunting).

1.rod 棒
2. portray 扮演、描绘
3. thrill 震颤、紧张

本篇较难。一个展览在校园里举行,an exhibition ofwildlife art calendars from about 100 years ago,calendar当时的用途是那些hunting,fishing公司的advertizing。有一点过去和现在在wildlife art上的不同是,以前都是hunting 的场景,现在则是natural surrounds without any human in the scene. 现在的wildlife art吸引了很多natural lovers.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-5 23:52:12 |只看该作者

As many of you already know, March is woman('s)history month. So it’s just a few weeks until the university begins its annualobservance. The woman(women's) studies program in conjunction with a college life officeis pleased to announce that the(a) full schedule of the events is planned to fillout(throughout) March. The opening activity will be a lecture by Doctor Lindon Topson(Linda Thompson),collegnator (coordinator)of the woman(women's)
studies program. She will talk about the statues(status) ofwoman on college campuses, or(. all)students are invited to attend at 8 p.m. on March1st in the student center whem(Room) one twelve. On March 4th, thestudent center café will offer a forum for woman(women) poets to read their works. TheEnglish department
('s)
Kate Benson will read from her recently published poetry collection,the ways of a woman. Student poets will be encouraged to share their poems aswell. Interested people should sign up at the woman
(women's)
studies office. On the fifteenth,come up here(come out and hear) Tomas Ling(Thomas Lane), offers(author of) the best selling, the gender collection, talkabout male female relationships. The talk will be held in the student centeroditoary(Auditorium) at 7:30 p.m. with the(a) reception to follow. Lots of other events havebeen(are being) planned, including a show of the work of woman(women) artists, a panel discussionabout woman’s (women's)

legal issues, and more. Check the campus paper for time(s) andplaces, or stay to(tuned to) the WRUC for further details.

1. coordinator 协调者
2. status 身份(不是statues,雕塑)
3. auditorium 礼堂
4. panel 小组  panel discussion 小组讨论
5. tune 调整  stay tuned 继续收听

本篇难度中等,主要讲了女人月的活动~~先按时间顺序说,3月1号是LT 的演讲,3月4号是forum. 15号是TL的论坛,将男女关系。之后还有其他的活动。强调了地点,和如何进一步获取信息。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-6 08:52:49 |只看该作者
Welcome to the largest retrospective exhibitthis art museum as(have) ever devoted to an architect. The architect chosen for thishonor is Frank Louid Right(Lloyd Wright,之后不再修改), probably the greatest United States architect of 20(th)century. Right has the reputation of being arogen(arrogant) and insensitive to hisclients’ needs. What is(But)
his work(+is) based on is(a) set of principles rather than the(a)style. Because of his believing(belief) in unity of design and elimination of unnecessarydetail, he resisted to(去掉) his clients’ wishes to introduce what he called foreignobjects to his careful design(carefully designed) interiors. Frank Louid Right always tried toachieve the(去掉) harmony of building and setting. The first drawing in the exhibit,of one of his pray(prairie) houses, it stresses(illustrates) this integration of the house with thelandscape of the American Midwest. You can see how he stresses the horizontal lineswith spreading roofs and strips of windows. Outside porches stretch into thegardens making one harmonious hole(whole). Because of this goal of harmony, you won’tsee skyscrapers among his designs. Right was criticized for his impractical houseswith leaking flight(leaky flat) roofs. But his houses always have(also had) great virtues. The designof the pray(prairie) houses, for example, made them warmer(warm) in winter and cooler(cool)in summer. The drawings and photos in this exhibit will show the enormity ofFrank Louid Right’s contribution to modern architecture.

1. retrospective exhibit 回顾展
2. arrogant 傲慢的,自大的
3. prairie 大草原、牧场

4. porch 走廊、门廊
5. leaky 有漏缝的
6. enormity 巨大

本篇不太难。不过有部分建筑学中的生词,比如什么porch,还有就是prairie这个一直没听出来。本篇主要介绍在art museum 举办的一次Wright 的retrospective exhibit. 介绍了它的设计的特点。比如,他强调harmony以及它房子的冬暖夏凉的优势。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-7 10:07:28 |只看该作者
Today, I’d like to turn our attention to an area of management often overlooked in traditional management courses—small business management. Small businesses have gone from being traditional small town stores selling food or clothing to sophisticated high-tech enterprises. And in addition to the important products they produce, they create jobs for lots of people because there are so many of them. It is important for managers(management,听的是management 但是觉得这个地方应该是个人) to keep in mind which is(of) the customers’ needs the business serves, because a cancle of(实在是没听出来,it can't serve) all their needs. Writing a business plan that everyone in the organization understands and follows, will help to provide a(the) necessary focusing(focus and) direction. It is important to state clearly what the purpose of the business is. Additionally, each person within the organization must know what tests(tasks) to perform in order to fulfill that purpose. Now if for some reason a business plan doesn’t work, try hard to discover why not, rewrite it, and immediately focus on the new plan, a word of crotion however.(A work of caution, however,) Never give up a bad plan without replacing it. A business has to have a plan, because it can’t afford to waste its limited resources. And as you know, waste leads to unnecessarily high production costs. Production costs are at the hard(heart) of the company’s ability to make a high quality product and sell it at an affordable price.

本篇比较简单,但是听的还是不好,有两个地方一直没听出来:it can't serve  那儿  和A work of caution, however 那儿。can't serve连读了像cancer. a work 确实像a word,caution没想起来是这个词,说得好像是crotion。。
本篇讲了small business的情况。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-12-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-7 11:12:44 |只看该作者
The next style of furniture design I’d liketo discuss is shaker furniture design. The shakers are our(a) religious group, that flourish(ed) in the 19 century United States. At that time, the shakers lived intheir own communities and believed in living simply. This ideal of simplicityextended to their furniture design as you will see. Because the shape of theirfurniture wasn’t supposed to be unnecessarily decorative, the furniture(‘s)surface became the only place to create visual pleasure. Shaker furniture uses(used)light colored woods like pine, maple or cherry. It was often pained(painted) blue,green or yellow. As this flat(these slides) show, some of them(their) most interesting pieces weremade for the workplace. Notice that this sewing table has draws(drawers) that can beput off(pulled out) from either side. This bencher(feature) enables two people to sew at the sametime. Likewise, if you look closely at these lines(slides) of counters and workbenches,you will notice that these pieces were also designed to be used for(from) more than oneside. Thus, several people would be able to work at one time. Nowadays, shakerfurniture designs enjoy (is enjoying)a revival. The simple but stylish furniture made by theshakers is popular among affluent collectors including such celebrities as Billcalled(Cosby) the(and) Opera(Oprah) Winfrey. As you’ve seen, the plane(plainness of) shaker furniture made(makes) that(it) strangelymodern in appearing(appearance). In fact, there are(their)
austere minimalist designs hav

使用道具 举报

RE: 【我也来听写】Zarina听力要突破~(第一阶段已完,进入第二阶段) [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子