注册时间
2003-9-5
精华
帖子

Gemini双子座 荣誉版主

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-1-7 11:39:00 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Six years after her death, Princess Diana still haunts Britain's royal family from the grave -- but even close allies dismissed her suspicion that Prince Charles was plotting to kill her.

For her former husband and their two sons, the agony shows no sign of fading. For the conspiracy theorists, there is no smoke without fire.

From Scandinavia to Japan, photographers descended on London for an inquest on Tuesday into Diana's death in a Paris road crash in August 1997 with paparazzi in hot pursuit.

What made Diana front-page news yet again around the world was not just the opening of the inquest but a tabloid newspaper naming Charles as the person she suspected of plotting to kill her.

Royal coroner Michael Burgess began the inquest by saying Britain's top police officer should investigate allegations her death was not an accident but a deliberate plot.

Diana made the plot allegation in a letter she gave to her butler and confidant, Paul Burrell, before she died.

The Daily Mirror tabloid quoted Diana as saying in the letter written 10 months before her death: "My husband is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury."

Diana died at the age of 36, along with her lover Dodi al Fayed and their chauffeur Henri Paul, in the August 1997 crash.

Dodi's father, London store magnate Mohamed al Fayed, has long alleged the couple were murdered by British secret services because their relationship was embarrassing the House of Windsor.

"It is absolute black and white horrendous murder," he said after a separate inquest into his son's death.

Royal commentators reflected sadly on what they saw as Diana's paranoia in the last year of her life. Few gave any credence to her reported suspicions.

Diana's former sister-in-law and a man who was her royal bodyguard for six years both scoffed at conspiracy speculation stirred up by the letter.

"I'm deeply shocked... The tabloids have gone too far," said Sarah Ferguson, former wife of Charles's brother Prince Andrew.

"It's disgraceful. I will not even discuss it. It's absolutely outrageous. I've never been more shocked... it just doesn't do her boys (Princes William and Harry) any good."

Former royal protection officer Ken Wharfe, condemned for writing his own Diana "revelations" biography, dismissed the allegations in the letter as ridiculous.

"It is so preposterous that it is almost laughable," he told Britain's Channel Four News.

One persistent conspiracy theory was dismissed by former coroner John Burton who said Diana was not pregnant when she died.

Burton, one of two people who attended the only post-mortem examination carried out on Diana when her body was returned to Britain, told The Times: "She wasn't pregnant. I have seen into her womb."

[B]From : China Daily[/B]
如果我还有哀伤...
让风吹散它...
如果我还有快乐...
也许吧...
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-4-3
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2004-1-8 12:36:55 |只看该作者
Such an expressive leader, respecting...

By the way, Danah, what do you think of China Daily? Every body say something different about it. I am not mean the content but the writing about this newspaper.

I love this new web-page, our English mecca.    : )
不懈地读书终可改变命运,
并构造深沉而自由的人格。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-9-5
精华
帖子

Gemini双子座 荣誉版主

板凳
发表于 2004-1-8 13:27:04 |只看该作者
最初由 归零 发布
[B]Such an expressive leader, respecting...

By the way, Danah, what do you think of China Daily? Every body say something different about it. I am not mean the ..

以下省略...... [/B]

First of all, thanks so much for ur kind praise!

As a matter of fact, every body can keep his/her point of view,in my opinion, the style of China Daily's articles is focused on report and real time, we can hardly find some comments from the writer himself.
Plus, most of its readers are the people whose English levels are in the middle class.

If you have free time, I suggest you that u could go to its website and there u can find something more interesting than the contents in the newspaper!

[B]Personal comments, just for reference![/B]
如果我还有哀伤...
让风吹散它...
如果我还有快乐...
也许吧...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-4-3
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2004-1-8 17:21:32 |只看该作者
Thanks for sharing your feeling.

I have read China Daily for really a long time, althouth beneath the Middle-Class in English. : )

In this newspaper, some words and sentences would be help for me in my translation of government documents, which was a part of my job. Frankly, I don't think it easiler understand than other media, like Economist and PC Magazine. You know, big words are so many!
不懈地读书终可改变命运,
并构造深沉而自由的人格。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-7-14
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 Sub luck

发表于 2004-1-8 18:02:16 |只看该作者
The moment I see the title I was shocked since I mistakenly take "Diana" as "Danah"...

Just as I took "atomic" as "aromatic" when I took the Gre sub test.. poor me.
Rien de réel ne peut être menacé.
Rien d'irréel n'existe.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-11-18
精华
帖子

Taurus金牛座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-1-8 18:10:47 |只看该作者
My, God! you are fun! imong!  You are watering , you know?

当一个东西得到后,才知道其实不是你真正想要的,而你已经为这个东西付出了,,大的不能再大的代价,,,但是也许这就是一种成长。。。

生活还在继续,我还是要艰难的活下去~~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-9-5
精华
帖子

Gemini双子座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-1-8 18:51:38 |只看该作者
最初由 imong 发布
[B]The moment I see the title I was shocked since I mistakenly take "Diana" as "Danah"...

Just as I took "atomic" as "aromatic" when I took the Gre sub test.. p..

以下省略...... [/B]

Imong!!!
You say what???? :mad:

But actually a lot of people called me Diana, but my English name is Dana, pls remember o~~!! :p
如果我还有哀伤...
让风吹散它...
如果我还有快乐...
也许吧...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-9-5
精华
帖子

Gemini双子座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-1-8 19:02:08 |只看该作者
最初由 归零 发布
[B]Thanks for sharing your feeling.

I have read China Daily for really a long time, althouth beneath the Middle-Class in English. : )

In this newspaper, some..

以下省略...... [/B]

Don't mention it la~~!!
I found that  u r really a fan of English, and u know, few people especially students, have this hobby--Reading English materials!

So, come on !!
And welcome you here and give us more comments ab all the things u like!
如果我还有哀伤...
让风吹散它...
如果我还有快乐...
也许吧...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-11-18
精华
帖子

Taurus金牛座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-1-10 10:19:32 |只看该作者

ELTON JOHN - candle in the wind  

remember the song written for the beauty :(

she is a vicitim of the unfortunate marriage . Her busband and his  mistress are all the victims.

[rtsp]rtsp://61.145.126.39/song/artn/artn0003.rm[/rtsp]

Elton John - Candle In The Wind

Goodbye England's rose;
may you ever grow in our hearts.
You were the grace that placed itself
where lives were torn apart.

You called out to our country,
and you whispered to those in pain.
Now you belong to heaven,
and the stars spell out your name.

And it seems to me you lived your life
like a candle in the wind:
never fading with the sunset
when the rain set in.

And your footsteps will always fall here,
along England's greenest hills;
your candle's burned out long before
your legend ever will.

Loveliness we've lost;
these empty days without your smile.
This torch we'll always carry
for our nation's golden child.

And even though we try,
the truth brings us to tears;
all our words cannot express
the joy you brought us through the years.

Goodbye England's rose,
from a country lost without your soul,
who'll miss the wings of your compassion
more than you'll ever know.'

当一个东西得到后,才知道其实不是你真正想要的,而你已经为这个东西付出了,,大的不能再大的代价,,,但是也许这就是一种成长。。。

生活还在继续,我还是要艰难的活下去~~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-9-5
精华
帖子

Gemini双子座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-1-10 11:09:16 |只看该作者
Wonderful Job ,yy!
I mean to find this song and add to here, so u've done my job, thanks so much~~!!
Love u!!
There is a telesthesia between us:)
如果我还有哀伤...
让风吹散它...
如果我还有快乐...
也许吧...

使用道具 举报

RE: Six years after death, Diana still haunts royals [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票