寄托币
注册时间
2013-3-5
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-11-22 20:46:18 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
如题。联系的几个native speaker一直还没给我信儿,小焦急o((>ω< ))o" 所以就po上来献丑了!希望各位不吝赐教!!

L1:

To Whom it May Concern,

I take great pleasure in recommending XXX who is presently applying for admission in your reputable LLM program. As her class adviser in three courses as well as her tutor in the tutorial workshop, I believe I am one of the best person who can vouch for her application.

It was my first encounter with XXX when we held the first meeting of our tutorial workshop for the 2010 freshmen. To ensure the educational quality, the Humanistic and Social sciences College adopted the tutorial system in undergraduate education since 2002, and XXX is one of the most outstanding students I have ever tutored. In the first meeting when every student were required for presenting their study plans and objectives, I was astonished by her clear personal goals and formal plans. I remember that she listed some short-term and long-term goals, most of which has now turned out to be well carried out by her. She also set a relatively clear career objective on making contribution to the copyright protection of translation works. Besides, unlike the other law freshmen, a part of whom even had no idea about what they were going to learn, XXX showed an intense interest in law then. She later on wrote me an short essay, contenting a book she had read during the summer vacation before university on the judicial system of the US, and discussed the constitutionalism reflected by O. J. Simpson murder case. As a result, her ambition together with her thoughtful mind as well as far-sighted and pragmatic characters deeply impressed me in the first glance.

Studying with conscientiousness, XXX did well in all my three courses (namely civil law, contract law and tort law) and showed a quick absorption of new knowledge and strong independent learning ability. During the course of civil law, of which the theories required a deep understanding, she was always the one who pointed out the key information in a case or came up with some questions that others tend to overlook, which indicated her solid theoretical foundation.

Furthermore, XXX has consistently demonstrated an upward mobility, willing to hone through challenges and always be strict to herself. In her first year of university, she applied for taking part in the research projects funded by school which conventionally recruit senior students, and eventually became one of the two freshmen who managed to join the research groups. As the youngest member in my team, of which the research area was medical tort, XXX was modest and showed enthusiasm for learning. She initiatively shouldered those trivial tasks such as printing, classification and translation, which made her workload heavier than others. Had not taken the tort law course, she previewed the textbook and frequently consulted the other senior students and me. For the sake of enriching her knowledge about medical tort, I assigned her to read a heavy load of professional papers but did not place high expectation, because professional papers are usually too obscure for a grade one undergraduate. However, laudably, she fulfilled this assignment and additionally wrote a review. Therefore, I decided to give her an opportunity to collaborate with me on a paper which was then published in a core periodical. When she took part in the second project as a senior students, her research ability has exceeded her peers, not inferior to our requirement for graduate students.

Given that XXX is a diligent student with outstanding comprehensive qualities displayed above, I believe she equips the potential to achieve more excellent development as well as make contribution to legal field. Therefore, I strongly recommend her and consider her a deserving candidate for your graduate program.

If you have any further questions regarding XXX or this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

L2:

To Whom it May Concern,

As the dean of the Humanistic and Social Sciences College of Harbin Medical University, I would like to take an opportunity to offer a formal recommendation for Miss X.

Having known her for more than three years, I developed a very high appraisal to her based on her outstanding performance in my class as well as in the college. During the course of communication skills, I often conducted scenario simulation and left some communication dilemmas to students. I could always found Miss X’s prominent insight and analytical ability from her solutions and thinking mode, for she was able to seize the essence from complex relationships most of the time and think thoughtfully. As one of the judges of the school-funded research projects, I was also impressed by her composed and quick-witted performance in the project defence. Being questioned closely, Miss X could still respond resiliently and logically, which won her appreciation from not just me but other judges as well.

While working in the college student union, Miss X was reputed for her strong sense of responsibility. From organizing activities to preparing for ceremonies, I could rest assured with every task she took charge  of because she was consistently dedicated as well as conscientious and careful. With impressive performance which demonstrated her abilities of leadership, organization, communication and collaboration, she was elected as the head of a department in the college student union. More rarely, in a strict grading system like ours (especially in clinical courses taught in the hospital), Miss Nong balanced academics and extra-curriculum activities well. As far as I know, she scored an average grade of over 86 on the 100-point scale, excelling most of her fellow students.

In spite of her remarkable exam scores, Miss X is not a student whose ultimate goal is just to pass the exams, but for the genuine understanding of the society. There was a tragic accident happened in the affiliated hospital that an innocent doctor was attacked by a patient and died of fatal injury when Miss X was taking the clinical courses in the same hospital. While the mess media paid extensive attention to the conflicts between doctors and patients, Miss X applied this case into the project she was studying and later on published a paper discussing the incomplete judicial proceedings that related to this phenomenon.

Her devotion and enthusiasm, together with remarkable intellect, enabled her to outshine her peers. I believe an further education at your esteemed law school will provide her better supports to achieve her self-value, and therefore I highly recommend Miss X for your program and hope that you will carefully consider her application. Should you need any further information about her, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely yours,
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-7
精华
帖子

寄托之心勋章 寄托与我 寄托优秀版主 Libra天秤座 港澳资深筒子 港澳申请助理 律政先锋 分享之阳 寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant 美版守护者 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2013-11-23 11:15:24 |只看该作者
第一个O. J. Simpson的案子有点小儿科的感觉

第二个applied this case into the project she was studying and later on published a paper 我觉得光APPLY一个CASE就可以发PAPER有点夸张

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-3-5
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2013-11-23 11:36:00 |只看该作者
阿泰 发表于 2013-11-23 11:15

第二个applied this case into the project she was studyi ...

辛普森案的例子我想支持的是unlike the other law freshmen, a part of whom even had no idea about what they were going to learn, XXX showed an intense interest in law then. 因为那篇读后感是我在大一入学后不久写给老师的,那本书是我在高考完那个假期读的。所以这么看来是不是还不算太小儿科了?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-3-5
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2013-11-23 11:39:37 |只看该作者
阿泰 发表于 2013-11-23 11:15

第二个applied this case into the project she was studyi ...

关于第二个问题泰版可以提供一点修改建议吗?因为我那篇文章确实是以那个案子和几个相关案件作为问题的提出的。。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-7
精华
帖子

寄托之心勋章 寄托与我 寄托优秀版主 Libra天秤座 港澳资深筒子 港澳申请助理 律政先锋 分享之阳 寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant 美版守护者 荣誉版主

发表于 2013-11-23 11:56:41 |只看该作者
rain_hp 发表于 2013-11-23 11:36
辛普森案的例子我想支持的是unlike the other law freshmen, a part of whom even had no idea about wha ...

还是多说点现在的事情吧,那个毕竟都是很久之前的了

第二个可以具体一点

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-3-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2013-11-23 12:28:10 |只看该作者
阿泰 发表于 2013-11-23 11:56
还是多说点现在的事情吧,那个毕竟都是很久之前的了

第二个可以具体一点

好!这就改去~不过老实说我从大三第一学期开始就埋头备考司考来着很少参加活动了,所以值得一提的表现都集中在前两年。。。是不是要改一下时间?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-3-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2013-11-23 12:29:54 |只看该作者
啊还有就是。。。弱弱的问一句这两封的风格像不像是同一个人写的?两个推荐人的态度都是让我写完他们签字耶。。。

使用道具 举报

RE: 赶在12月份之前要寄给LSAC的推荐信!求修改!求把关! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册