注册时间
2016-1-13
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-1-13 04:38:15 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
PhD Fellowship Opening in ECE@UTSA

Dr. Lide Duan is looking for at least one PhD student (with full fellowship support) to join his research group in the ECE Department of University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) starting from Fall 2016. Details can be found on his website: http://engineering.utsa.edu/~lideduan/index.html

[Application Information]
Applicants should have a master's or a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related discipline. Excellent programming skills (in any language) under Linux are expected. Experience or background in computer architecture or systems is a strong plus. Please contact lide.duan@utsa.edu with your resume, transcripts (with GPAs), GRE/TOEFL scores if applicable, and any other information that may be useful for you application. Note: in order to be considered for funding support, Ph.D. applicants should apply to the university by the Feb. 15th deadline for the Fall semester.

[About SALSA]
Founded by Dr. Lide Duan in 2014, Systems and Architectures Lab at U.T. San Antonio (SALSA) conducts research on designing and optimizing computer systems and architectures. Our research topics include, but not limited to, processor microarchitectures, reliability, power and energy efficiency, computing systems design in different layers, and so on. We are also interested in non-core system-on-chip components design, and architectural support for emerging technologies and trends.

[Bio of Lide Duan]
I am currently an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at UTSA. I joined the department in Fall 2014. I received my PhD in Computer Engineering from Louisiana State University in 2011. I also received a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, in 2006. Prior to joining UTSA, I worked at AMD from 2012 to 2014 as a senior CPU design engineer. In addition, I did an internship in Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) in Summer 2011.

[About UTSA and San Antonio]
UTSA is a public research university in San Antonio, Texas. With over 28,000 students and its main campus being the largest in the University of Texas System, UTSA offers a wide variety of academic studies including undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Established in 1969, it was selected by Times Higher Education as one of the best universities in the world under 50 years old. UTSA has evolved to be one of the largest institutions within the UT system, and is in its journey to become a Tier One university in the US.

San Antonio is the seventh most populous city in the nation with a population of more than 1.5 million. It is located in the south-central part of Texas, and the southwestern corner of the Texas Triangle. It is notable for Spanish colonial missions, the Alamo, the River Walk, and commercial entertainment including SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas theme parks. The city is home to the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs.
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
pielang + 50 + 5 感谢分享

总评分: 寄托币 + 50  声望 + 5   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-3-30
精华
帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章 2015 US-applicant 满2年在任版主