寄托币
注册时间
2023-2-4
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2023-5-15 09:32:36 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
各位亲,我42岁超大龄,申请加拿大曼省研文一签被拒,拒签理由质疑访问目的、资金,国内tie,特发study plan请指教。因超大龄写了大概四页解释,是否太啰嗦了需大幅精简?
Study plan
Dear visa officer.
My name is xxx, male, passport number E68xx, and I am planning to study Network Security Post-Degree Diploma (16-month program) at the University of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in the fall of 2023. I am very honored to have this opportunity to study and I am writing this letter for additional information.
I. Educational Background:
I studied at Huazhong University of Science and Technology from September 1999 to June 2003, majoring in telecommunications engineering in the Department of Electronic Information, and received my bachelor's degree.
II. Work Background:
xx REALTY(HOLDINGS)LIMITED 2020/09-2022/03            Senior IT Manager
Self-employed                 2019/01-2020/08      Software Development Engineer
xx Real Estate Changsha        2018/07-2018/12                 IT Manager
xx Real Estate Co.   2011/07-2018/06                IT Manager 
Hunan Telecom Technical Maintenance Bureau 2003/07-2011/07 Intelligent Network Supervisor
III. why I decide to continue my study?
It helps me to advance my career. My undergraduate major is telecommunications engineering, which was studied 20 years ago, and the major courses are mainly electronic and hardware related, and only a small part is computer IT related content. But my recent 10 years of work experience, career development was based on computer and IT information system, computer network system related knowledge. The professional knowledge I learned in university related to my job are only some superficial introductory theory (such as Introduction to Computers, Introduction to Databases, Data Structures, Modern Switching Technology, etc.), and due to the explosion of IT, computer, network knowledge, these traditional theories are far behind the current era. My existing technical stockpile is based on intermittent self-study in my spare time, but it is not systematic. As I was exposed to more and more IT-related professional knowledge, concepts and professional equipment at work, some mistakes and difficulties occurred in my daily work. Furthermore, I found that my current technical blind spot had even affected my job hunting, and I missed several opportunities to get a higher position during the interview process because of the lack of solid reserves of new technologies. I realized that these technical gaps and blind spots were my weaknesses and would eventually lead to limitations in my personal career development. Now there is an urgent need to update my knowledge base to facilitate further advancement in the workplace. So, I decided to enrich myself first, with the goal of improving my technical skills and workplace competitiveness through a short course of 1-2 years.
IV. Why study in Canada?
How can I improve my skills by studying for further education? I have following choices: a. To pursue domestic graduate studies. b. To choose domestic adult continuing professional education courses. c. To choose domestic technical schools or online courses. d. To study abroad. In China, graduate students in colleges and universities are mainly enrolled in fresh graduates. Moreover, the education in Chinese colleges and universities focuses more on theoretical knowledge research, and the duration of the academic system takes up to 3 years, which is not in line with my wish to improve my purpose quickly in a short period of time. The curriculum of vocational education colleges, technical schools or online courses is rather outdated and fails to cover the current cutting-edge technology. The systematic and professional nature of teaching is far from foreign education in terms of teaching quality and hardware conditions. Especially in terms of hands-on practice, there is a big gap compared with International Universities, and the academic recognition is not as good as them. Studying abroad allows me to learn the world's most cutting-edge technology and to be exposed to cultural diversity. In addition, the native English-speaking environment abroad can also improve my English communication skills, which will be of great help when I return to China to apply for foreign company-related positions. There are many internationally renowned foreign companies in China that offer very high salary levels for IT management technicians, but require fluent English communication and writing skills for job seekers, which my domestic school was unable to help me achieve. To sum up, I chose to study abroad.
In terms of destinations to study abroad, I compared and researched programs related to the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, or Australia. My reasons for choosing Canada to study abroad were that it was relatively closer to my budget in terms of tuition and living costs. Regarding the quality of education, Canada is also world-renowned for its higher education, which is not significantly inferior to the U.S., U.K., or Australia, and is more cost-effective in terms of return on investment for study.
V. Why choose the University of Winnipeg and the Network Security Post-Degree Diploma Program?
1. The University of Winnipeg is a long-established public comprehensive university with a very strong faculty. For example, according to the feedback of students who have participated in the program before, the windows server course under the program is taught by the director of the information department of the Winnipeg City Hall, who shares interesting cases in the application of municipalities in the course; in addition, the Linux security course is taught by the professor who teaches the graduate program of the University of Winnipeg, who has very senior teaching skills.
2. The program offers courses that are more in line with my technical advancement and career development plans. My most recent job is as a senior IT manager, and my main responsibilities include: construction of the company's information technology system and mobile applications for each system. Responsible for the automatic operation and maintenance construction of the company's information systems; responsible for the data center server room enterprise network construction, hardware upgrades.
My future career enhancement development path is: IT director position (focusing on the direction of network infrastructure security). Here I have analyzed the technical requirements of large companies for IT director positions on the largest job boards in China (Job Search, 51job, etc.) and the correspondence between the courses offered in the program:
        Experience in network planning, management and operation and maintenance of medium and large enterprises, proficient in troubleshooting and performance tuning; (the skills correspond to the Case studies, issues & capstone project course under the program)
        Proficient in various network equipment technologies in data centers, such as: VLAN, STP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, MPLS and private lines; (the skills correspond to the Cisco Cybersecurity Operation, CCNA I-III courses under the project)
        Proficient in mainstream network security control systems, including network firewalls, IPS/IDS, WAF and other information security products. (The skills correspond to the program under CCNA I-III, CompTIA security, Ethical Hacking, power shell script and other courses)
        Proficient in enterprise automation security operation and maintenance management project implementation, with information system security professional certification CISSP (Certification for Information System Security Professional) or ITIL MANAGER certification. (This skill corresponds to the CISSP course under the program)
The program's class schedule comes from the school's website Network Security Diploma | UWinnipeg PACE (uwinnipegcourses.ca) Fact Sheet
  As it is clear, the courses offered under the program perfectly cover the professional skills that I urgently need for my career path. In addition, another major advantage of the program is that it emphasizes the development of complex skills, and there are various business management courses in the program, such as financial management, business responsibilities, writing and communication skills, etc., which are also very essential for the soft skills that I need to improve in my career development. After completing my studies, if I can successfully apply for a position as an IT director in my country, my monthly salary will increase considerably to about RMB 30,000-40,000 (CAD 6,000-8,000) per month. So, I think that studying abroad will greatly improve my competitiveness in the workplace and is a highly effective and rewarding investment.
3. The duration of the program meets my need to improve my skills quickly. The total duration of the program is 16 months and the pace of teaching is very fast.
4. I have the ability to complete the program. First of all, my English level: IELTS total score 7 (listening 8, reading 6.5, writing 6, speaking 6.5), which meets the language requirement for admission. I am confident that I will be able to complete my studies with excellent results because the professional courses I am taking are an in-depth expansion of my many years of professional experience.
VI. Study goals, return plans:
My study goal is to complete the program and internship within 16 months. After completing my study abroad, I will return to China as soon as possible to continue my career in the IT industry. The reason is that I have been working in the IT industry for about 19 years and I have accumulated a lot of experience and contacts in China, and the IT industry is the fastest growing and most promising industry in China, with a large number of excellent high-tech companies that offer good salaries. With the advanced technology I have learned in the program, I am confident that I will be able to make further progress in my career in China.
In addition, I have been married for many years, my beloved wife has a promising job in China, I have a son in junior high school, and my elderly parents (almost 70 years old) are in China and need my care, they are the most important people in my life and they are very supportive of my study abroad. I have a total of 2 apartments and 2 vehicles in Changsha and Foshan, the first-tier cities in China, and I have an excellent life in China. All of my social connections, interpersonal relationships are in China.
Finally, I am aware that as an international student, I have a duty to abide by all Canadian laws. I have a 10-year tourist visa to Canada and the United States, and I have good travel records in the United States, New Zealand, Japan and Malaysia. After completing my studies in Canada, I will learn the latest technology and practical skills in the industry and return to China to continue my career in the IT industry.
Based on the above description, I sincerely hope that you will approve my application, thank you for your time.
Yours sincerely,

2023-4-10 xxx
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由
影zi + 20

总评分: 寄托币 + 20   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2022-12-15
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2023-5-15 20:44:56 |只看该作者
帮楼主顶一顶,study plan思路跟你差不多,还没递交,心里有点慌

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-4-23
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2023-5-16 08:33:02 来自手机 |只看该作者
个人建议不要写太多技术上的系列,要把VO当作layman用通俗的话来解释你的动机,太多的专业术语和细节会让人觉得没有合理动机硬凑,大致看了下,如果是我的话可能主要着墨写自己目前对这个program的需求,要实际一些,达到随便说与旁人听也会支持你的水平就OK了,楼主写了太多学校和以前的经历,这些两三段概论一下就行,Senior IT Manager这个我觉得算是减分项,带过就好,在国内混得很好又是本科为什么在这个年纪要去加拿大读研文?国内的互联网其实很发达,不要说国内不好加拿大就好,要说哪边更符合你的需求,比如你有一个想去的外企,但是要求英语是工作语言,同时又要其他专业的背景之类的。感觉字数太多了,A4尺寸的word正文字体12的话控制在2页吧,另外就如同一般写信的结构就好,这不是technical writing。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2022-3-30
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2023-5-16 08:45:57 |只看该作者
建议先不着急写或者修改sp,还是先调一个GCMS Note 看看。有的时候不是申请人的问题,而是IRCC使用Chinook批量拒签,而申请人只是受害者而已。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-4-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 09:24:32 |只看该作者
问一下楼主是普签还是SDS? 另外大概是递交申请多久之后出的结果呢?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-2-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 09:25:47 |只看该作者
身藏利刃 发表于 2023-5-16 08:33
个人建议不要写太多技术上的系列,要把VO当作layman用通俗的话来解释你的动机,太多的专业术语和细节会让人 ...

非常感谢,深有启发

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-2-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 10:45:18 来自手机 |只看该作者
Speedboy1231  2023-5-16 09:24
SDS?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-2-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 10:45:24 来自手机 |只看该作者
Speedboy1231  2023-5-16 09:24
SDS?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-2-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 10:46:14 |只看该作者
Speedboy1231 发表于 2023-5-16 09:24
问一下楼主是普签还是SDS? 另外大概是递交申请多久之后出的结果呢?

普签,时间一个月

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-4-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 13:39:42 |只看该作者
swift994 发表于 2023-5-16 10:45

SDS就是直入计划,要预交1年的学费,说是能稍微快点

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-4-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 13:51:26 |只看该作者
swift994 发表于 2023-5-16 10:46
普签,时间一个月

所以大概是4月中旬递交的申请?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-2-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 14:28:20 |只看该作者
Speedboy1231 发表于 2023-5-16 13:51
所以大概是4月中旬递交的申请?

是的,担心过签率太低,GIC退费困难,所以走了普签。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-4-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 14:59:40 |只看该作者
swift994 发表于 2023-5-16 14:28
是的,担心过签率太低,GIC退费困难,所以走了普签。

好像普签现在大家也都会交GIC,因为貌似大部分人都会交,毕竟1万加币还好。但SDS要求直接预付第一年学费真的是有点多了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2023-4-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-16 15:37:17 |只看该作者
42岁倒读Diploma,走普签.... 难度肯定大

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2022-5-14
精华
帖子
发表于 2023-5-22 16:37:12 |只看该作者
跟楼主的背景有点像, 也是本科读电子/硬件类, 工作十几年都是计算机类, 最近刚通过CS硕学签。SP的思路整体也挺相似的, 不过个人感觉逻辑似乎可以更清晰一些, 比如:
1. 第III部分对undergraduate major的描述是不是可以放到 I. Educational Background, 以及后面IELTS我认为也应该挪到前面来;
2. 第II部分Work Background可以挑几段主要(及当前)的工作经历描述一下自己的工作职责/需要的skill等(这样第V部分关于responsibilities的大段描述就不需要了); 同时可以衔接一下第I部分 和 第III部分, 比如用积极的语气阐述虽然大学学的是硬件类, 但自己对计算机/网络更感兴趣于是积极努力学习等, 并在工作的这些年里一直felt compelled to delve deeper into the fundamental coursework of computer network之类的;
3. 第III部分为什么回学校读书, 我个人认为(假设第II部分介绍了当前工作职责等)这部分重点讲自己当前工作遇到了哪些问题, 职业瓶颈&未来职业目标, 有哪些knowledge/skill的欠缺, 自己做了哪些努力比如自学但不够系统性同时struggling to keep up with the demands of current job等, 所以需要一个systematic and supportive approach去提升自己;
4. 第IV部分关于国内继续学习的三个选项abc我认为是不是可以合成一个? vo可能并不太懂(或也不太关心)中国的继续教育模式?(老实说这里我自己都看了3遍 xd), 感觉可以简化一点, 不在中国读因为需要花三年 还要一年备考, 时间金钱成本太高之类的;
5. 第V部分Why the program, 我个人认为不需要这种大段罗列和太多专业用语, 而应该把重点放在这个program到底可以怎样帮助到你, 比如实际举个例子自己工作中遇到过什么问题无法解决, 倘若学了这个program中的xx课程就可以很快解决, 或者未来职业目标需要的xx技能/能力 这个program的xx课程完美符合我等等, 总之我认为这部分重心应该是把这个program跟自己的实际情况联系起来, 这很关键;
6. 第VI部分goal是complete the program and internship within 16 months表述有点怪怪的感觉, 我认为还是应该说明自己的职业目标, 比如想去global company更senior的职位, 他们需要更多的xx技能/skill, 完成这个program后我可以qualify 并且English language skills and familiarity with western culture能够帮助你better understand foreign clients 之类的;
7. 最后回国tie的部分, 个人觉得表述可以更有感情一些, 比如married for many years, many可以写具体数字, 然后你们一起相互扶持相互陪伴等, 尽管your wife supports your decision去加拿大读书, 但你很尊重她不希望她放弃自己在国内stable and promising career之类的, 总之要先说服/打动自己.

另外有些用语可以找chatGPT帮忙润色润色更native同时更目标导向一点. 比如关于16个月完成program这点, 全篇好几处用到quickly / short / within, 给人一种过于急切想要马上毕业的感觉, 但我认为重点应该要传达你是要去好好学习 努力提升自己的, dedicate the next two years to improving my skills and knowledge, fully concentrate on my studies之类的. 即使是要跟中国的3年学习比较的话, 也可以用relatively shorter或者其他更好的表达之类的.

总之, 我个人认为逻辑清晰HEN重要, 为什么要去读书 / 未来目标是什么 / 这个program能带给你的帮助, 字数反而不必太在意, 逻辑清晰 & 言之有物 (chatGPT也可以帮忙). 虽然加拿大学签很玄学很有运气成分, 不过自己能做的部分还是可以努力做好的, 加油! 以上这些纯属个人建议仅供参考哈, 祝你能早日OPR~ (走过路过的同学看到也请不喜勿碰哈~)
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
swift994 + 1 666666

总评分: 声望 + 1   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

RE: 42加拿大学签(研文)一签被拒,发STUDY PLAN 请指教,多谢。 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华