寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-4
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-4-19 20:00:23 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
欢迎大家加入”挑战自我“iBT写作小组。请大家做一个自我简介和自我英语水平说明。并发上来一篇自己写的作文。我会在其中选出4~5名合适的人选加入我们的”挑战自我“iBT写作小组!旨在6~7月参加iBT考试~
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-8
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-4-19 20:09:13 |只看该作者
willamette
辽宁
6.9日长春吉大
英语水平一般一般.现在正在努力提高中,阅读是强项.

Many people insist that the governments should spend as much money as possible exploring the outer space to put our science forward. But most people, included me, argue that the government should spend more money for our basis needs. To developing countries, they should do their best to improve their infrastructure and citizens' lives. To developed countries, Give a hand to those developing countries is more sensible.
Absolutely, in a developing country, a government endeavoring to improve citizens' lives and infrastructure will gain more reputation than that to explore outer space. As far as we know, in developing countries, the life is usually bad qualified. We take the case of developing countries in Africa, in those countries, people are needy, poor health and severely hungry. They demand sufficient food, pure water and necessary medical care, other than a tremendous, shocking discovering the outer space. It is more sensible that steer money forward to the life quality.
Furthermore, the infrastructure in the developing country also need improved. Narrow road, insufficient electric power and less goods supplement will be immense obstacle of the development progress of developing countries. We take India and China as examples; obviously, the Indian infrastructure is at a severe disadvantage to Chinese. Many businessmen complain the low quality of infrastructure when they are in India. so it does, more and more international corporation set their significant department in China. The excellent quality infrastructure is considered to be one of key factors of the China Economics Miracle.
In addition, the developed country also should assist the developing country other than pour a storehouse of money on the outer space. These assists will build a well relationship between developed and developing, gain more international reputation for developed diminish the possibility of war, the tragedy of human, in some areas. Comparing to explore the outer space, these assist will make more sense.
What I illustrate above is simply demonstrate the fact that the happiness of human is far that what is in the outer space. So, it is wiser that government steer money forward the basis needs of citizens than pour money to outer space

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-5
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-4-19 20:40:09 |只看该作者
好像 没什么 人呢,不过我还是贴下我的拙作 拉

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
You should not believe that you read in the newspaper.

Newspaper is a global public media while about 10% of the people living in the city read it at breakfast. The influence of newspaper is so great that the problem has been brought to focus that should we believe everything we read from the newspaper? I hold the opinion that everyone should not blindly believe the news.

In order to make more people focus on their newspaper, the journalist always exaggerate the truth. When getting a newspaper, we are concentrate on the news that is extremely strange which make us curiosity about it, and read the continent at once. But what happen next? We found we are cheated because the event is just a normal one, only the writer overstates it in the topic. Such dilemma is not rare that we often meet.

Another reason is that the opinion of the writer may not always right. What they say may be partial to one side by their own thinking. Their emotion will absolutely influence their comments which are not so equal to everyone. So the reader should hold their own critical thinking while reading the newspaper.

At the last I still want to say is that blindly follow what the newspaper says may destroy your life. I have read a news that scientists had discover that banana contain s specific material that protect human from cancer and tell us that is good to eat banana. But recently, another report take another opinion that banana will deteriorate some disease that it is not good to eat. And then according to the two reports how should I do? I should eat banana to protect cancer or should I stop eating banana to avoid get other sicknesses? Such things are so frequent that if we blindly believe the newspaper, our daily life may be destroyed.

Admittedly, newspaper had its own advantages such as broaden our version, make the world clearly, color our life. In summary, it is wiser for us hold our own point, live our own life.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-22
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-4-19 21:20:31 |只看该作者
Novice of entry-level on TOEFL .iBT
-------------------------------------------------
题目:Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible for developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. Which one of these opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

文章:

The government of one nation serves the public as a tool and fulfills the public's needs for increasing the proportion of employee positions, an excellent public healthy system and other basic public services. The high-tech, such as computer technology, is just one component of the development of the whole country and not the basis of the development. So, I suppose that governments should pay more attention to and spend more money on basic needs.

First, people, who graduates from the school or university, is eager to find a job to add his/her own income to support the family. A job position is not only an income for an employee, but also a significant part of the basis of the development of a society. If governments cannot increase the employee positions in domestics, people may take a match on streets and the rate of crime will increase very quickly just all because people cannot receive their income by working. The quality of their lives will be very low because it is lack of money for families.

Second, many people cannot afford for the fee of healthy caring if the public healthy system is running non-efficiently because of lack of money. That is to say, a large amount of citizens cannot get the therapy from hospitals and the country will be full of sick people. How does such country develop their economy and the quality of the people's life? The answer is negative if governments do not take the much more financial support to this public system. However, if governments spend more money on public healthy systems, the situation of citizens healthy will be not bad. Everybody can do the job energetically. And the quality of lives is increased. For example, China government proclaimed that the National Public Healthy System including the public healthy insurance will be reformed by adds the government financial support to fulfill the new requirements of the citizens last year. And now, each Chinese people can enjoy the benefits of this reforming.

The last but not the least, any other basic public services such as insurance systems and education systems also need the financial support taken by governments. Because it is crucial for one person’s life.

In conclusion, governments cannot only spend money on high-tech areas as to develop or buy computer technology both because the whole societies are consisted of many different areas and basic needs are very crucial for the development of countries.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-19 21:39:54 |只看该作者
willamette & summerlovefreda, you are both in!! Welcome to our group!!! :loveliness:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-20 09:17:19 |只看该作者
要加入的同学快写关注我们的第一次写作任务哦!!:)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-2-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-27 20:36:27 |只看该作者
偶想加入,英语水平一般,一年前是六级水平,不过好长时间没动了,现刚准备ibt不到一个月吧,六月多考。
我写的第一篇作文:(多多关照)
   住大城市还是小镇
    With the rapid economic development, people earn their life more easily, therefore more and more people have chances to choose their habitation as they like. Some people prefer to live in a big city, they think, in which there are more opportunities than a small town, while others prefer to live in a small town, for they think it is vary calm there and will be beneficial for their healthy. In my view, it is better for youngsters eager to earn their future to live in big cities, but for old people who want to enjoy the rest of their life to live in small towns.

On one hand, it is curial for youngsters dreaming to success to live big cities. First, there are more job opportunities in big cities, so youngsters may have more careers to choose and earn money more easily. Moreover, there are readily accessible transportation in those cities. This is one of the most important prerequisites for success. Owing to this good transportation conditions, those youngsters can save much time but concentrate on more essential tasks. Finally, the competitive atmosphere in big cities is also essential to youngsters. We can image, for example, if someone living in a place where people all try their best to study or work. What the person probably do? The one will also try perform the best most likely.

On the other hand, living in small towns is the best choice for old people. That will make them have a much comfortable life style: they do not need to get up much early to work for there are no traffic jam; they do not need to worry about lack of money for the price of daily necessities is very low; they also do not need to be afraid of loneliness for they can talk to everyone living in the small town.

Now, since I am an undergraduate, a young man, there is no doubt that I will choose to live in a big city—Beijing, one of the biggest city in China, to pursue my dream. However, after I retire, I will go back to my hometown, a small town, to enjoy my rest life.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-7-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-27 21:15:46 |只看该作者
我计划8月底考,也想加入,怎么加?
拒绝平庸

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-27 21:44:17 |只看该作者
原帖由 雁之子 于 2007-4-27 21:15 发表
我计划8月底考,也想加入,怎么加?

请看顶楼贴!!!
Graduate student
Physiology program
Pennsylvania State University

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-3-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-28 08:04:34 |只看该作者
writing: Do you  agree or disagree with the statement: being happy with your job is more important than high salary.

The salary and job has become one of the key word of our time, some holds that being happy with job is more important than high salary, such opinion of view is just one-side or incomplete, I would believe that both being happy with job and high salary should be concerned because they will influence our life from lots of aspects

Being happy with job certainly contribute mostly to one’s pleasure time, in general, almost every adult person’s lifetime is composite by three parts: the time spend at home, the time spend at work and the time spend in community. One must gain more happy if his job can bring him pleasure, further, being happy with job would make the work more effective, people always said their success from a interesting work-happy with job.

It goes without saying that more and more people evaluate a person by his or her salary, in modern society high salary always have many meanings, it not only represent fortune and class which can improve the level of living , but also as a symbol of intelligence, diligent and so on, for numbers of CEO demonstrate it vividly, their salary is high, and in the mean time their bravery faced difficult, their wisdom to handle complex problem as well as to manage the whole economic organ, that emphasis the importance of the high salary.

On balance, we will get a conclusion naturally that both being happy with job and high salary are important, we cannot overstate one but overlook the other, and to different people, which is important is quite different, when comes to a person who cannot afford his family, I think the high salary job is emergency to him, which can solve the fundament problem and alleviate his pressure, but to a person who needn’t care about bread and cheese, I think the opposite is meaningful for him.

To sum up, that which of being happy with job and high salary is important should not be scrutinized simply, rather, calling for a comprehensive as well as profound understanding. Differed from cultures to cultures, or varying from person to person, the statement shows diversiform cognition. When it comes to me, my ultimate conclusion is that both a happy job and a high salary job are important, whether one job is more important than the other depend on circumstance.   

我想加入 7月初IBT, 研二,GRE已考,QQ303076289

[ 本帖最后由 innocent 于 2007-4-28 08:06 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-19 14:13:01 |只看该作者

嘻嘻····我可以吗?

`````我的····北京
6月30考·
QQ1743191

Do you agree or disagree with the follow statement?
Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television
Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

背景引入
With the development of technology, information, say , message and imagine, is transported at a highly speed. Especially, the advent of TV gives us more opportunities to watch a performance which is occurring in a great distance from us. Numerous people prefer this way rather than attending a present performance.
ANALYZING A
People who support the view of watching TV at home believe in the advantages that enhance the opinion. First of all , it is a economical option to watch a performance for instance, a play, concert or sporting event ,at home , which results in a ticket for a live performance usually requires a large amount of currency, which maybe costs us a arm and a leg ,especially a former position which is a essential factor if you want to watch clearly. Furthermore, watching TV at your own home, to some extend, can make individual feels more comfortable because of the private space where you can do whatever you prefer. Moreover, enjoying a performance through TV gives us chance to manage our time more flexible ,for example , if you encounter the situation that you are absorb in a football match while your boss is calling to demand you to attend a critical meeting, how would you feel , what will you do? A perfect alternative is that record the program, so that you can watch it completely when you have spare time.
ANALYZING B
On the other hand, there are some positive points in joining a live performance for people who prefer to choose this way. Firstly, this will give us more excitement because of the audio, applause and shouting of hundreds of people. Besides we can communicate with kinds of people, more often than not, in that way, can we make some great friends who has the identical characteristic with us.
消他长我
However, after considering all the pros and cons, it is easy for us to aware that attending a live performance is neither the only way to communicate with people nor to make friends .we can invite people home and enjoy a TV program, and making new friends at the same time is available. Whereas, the flexible time-control can not be replace by joining a live performance.
CONCLUSION
In summery, due to all the advantages of the latter alternative, I strongly recommend watching performance via our television.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-1-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-6-26 12:17:39 |只看该作者
申请加入,7月14

使用道具 举报

RE: 成立”挑战自我“iBT写作小组 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册