2007-6-25
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-15 00:55:36 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
月底考试,辞职专功作文!希望一天有25个小时~~~~
诚征几个情况相似的GF突击!!!

TOPIC: ISSUE144 - "It is the artist, not the critic,* who gives society something of lasting value."

*a person who evaluates works of art, such as novels, films, music, paintings, etc.
WORDS: 585          TIME: 03:00:00          DATE: 2007-8-14 下午 11:24:07

提纲:同意
1. 所有艺术均由artist创造
    e.g.  Van Gogh, Beethoven, I.M. Pei
2. Critic的2个作用:a,推广,e.g. Isabella Blow discovered Alexander McQueen
                                     b,选择
3.Critic的2个反作用:a,评论家局限性,e.g. 还是Van Gogh                              
                                        b,评论家功利性    e.g.  hitting movies and best sellers

Is it the artist, not the art critic, who provides something of lasting value to society? If by "value" the speaker means such function as a pragmatic, utilitarian worth, then I concede that critic offers something of value. The reason for this is that critic can help interpreting, translating, to the extent of judging the value of art works. Otherwise, I strongly agree with the statement; critic plays a subordinate role and gives little of lasting value to society.

Regarding certain art works in process, I strongly agree with the speaker that the value of art work is created by genuine artists rather than critics. It is impossible for a critic independently, no matter how keen an observer and justified a reader, to involve in a certain art work itself of which even any one part. In various sorts of art, as we know, it is Vincent van Gogh painted a series of still life painting, Sunflower. It is Beethoven composed the miraculous symphonies No.3 (Eroica) and No.6 (Pastorale). It is I.M. Pei, the architect who designed the Louvre Pyramid, a large metal and glass pyramid which serves as the entrance to the museum and has become a landmark for the city of Paris. A critic is of no practical use when it comes to creating art works.

Turning to the function of the art critic, two roles the art critic plays. First, a critic's evaluation of an art serves as an advertisement, which promotes that a potential artist and his or her works be recognized and accepted into community. For example, Isabella Blow, style muse and influential fashion figure, discovered fledging designers including Alexander McQueen, who provides the astonishing feat of fashion show every season, and promoted them into society. The other role a critic plays is a filter of art, which help us weigh which art is worth paying our attention to and spend our time on. Hundreds of movies and music albums are produced every year. How many hours would one spend on such pastime? Construction criticism can focus our thoughts upon and even tell us how to seek the more worthwhile art works. To this extent, the critics have their use in wide spreading and selecting the value of art.

However, reflecting on the function that of critic who filters out so called “bad art” from the worthwhile, far more problems raises repeatedly by critic should be taken into account. Critical judgment of art work is limited by the narrow borders of critic’s own view which meets the old and established parameter of evaluation. Consider, returning to the very example mentioned earlier, van Gogh whose drawings have broken all the records at auction had only sold one painting in his lifetime, resulting from the localized discussion of his time. In addition, some critics advertise certain art works such as current hitting movies and best sellers, in order to help the commercial cooperator making more profit while overstating the real value. Thus, evaluator often obscures our vision to the real value of art and does a disservice to society by serving as a filter.

In sum, I agree that artist raises the lasting value to society. Admittedly, in many cases critics engage in weighing and wide spreading the value of art works. Yet, such practical functions by a critic should be used with caution, for the reason that true art is the product of the artist’s fervent passion and unique creation. Thus, critics make little difference to the lasting value of art.

[ 本帖最后由 Jinnee 于 2007-8-15 11:30 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-25
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-15 02:01:04 |只看该作者
今天完成处女作和处女拍

不管是投之以桃,报之以李,还是投之以李,报之以桃。。。太夜了晕了

明日继续!!!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-21
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-8-15 17:59:15 |只看该作者
Is it the artist, not the art critic, who provides something of lasting value to society?(我已经看过有5篇是这样的开头了,建议换换) If by "value" the speaker means such function as a pragmatic, utilitarian worth, then(好像没必要加then I concede that critic offers something of value. The reason for this is that critic can help interpreting, translating, to the extent of judging the value of art works. (我的语法有点差,不知道这句是不是有点问题)Otherwise, I strongly agree with the statement; critic plays a subordinate role and gives little of lasting value to society. (说明支持观点,我想问下Otherwise的意思是否则还是另外,如果是“否则”的话,你下文应该主要反驳上面的理由,如果是“另外”的话就和上面抵触了。)Regarding certain art works in process, I strongly agree with the speaker that the value of art workworks,我记得Art work是一个短语指什么图片) is created by genuine artists rather than critics. It is impossible for a critic independently, no matter how keen(这个词?) an observer and justified a reader, to involve in a certain art work itself of which even any one part.??? In various sorts of art, as we know, it is Vincent van Gogh painted a series of still life painting, Sunflower.(表达有问题,我能理解到的意思是:在各种各样的艺术中,我们知道就是凡高画了一系列静态画,向日葵。) It is Beethoven composed the miraculous symphonies No.3 (Eroica) and No.6 (Pastorale). It is I.M. Pei, the architect who as a architect,designed the Louvre Pyramid, a large metal and glass pyramid, which serves as the entrance to the museum and has become a landmark for the city of Paris. A critic is of no practical use when it comes to creating art works.Turning to the function of the art critic, two roles the art critic plays.(这不完整的句子少用啊) First, a critic's evaluation of an art serves as an advertisement, which promotes that a potential artist and his or her works be recognized and accepted into community. For example, Isabella Blow, style muse and influential fashion figure, discovered fledging designers including Alexander McQueen, who provides the astonishing feat of fashion show every season, and promoted them into society. The other role a critic plays is a filter of art, which help us weigh which art is worth paying our attention to and spend our time on. Hundreds of movies and music albums are produced every year. How many hours would one spend on such pastime? Construction criticism can focus our thoughts upon and even tell us how to seek the more worthwhile art works. To this extent, the critics have their use in wide spreading and selecting the value of art.However, reflecting on the function that of critic who filters out so called “bad art” from the worthwhile, far more problems raises repeatedly by critic should be taken into account. Critical judgment of art work is limited by the narrow borders of critic’s own view which meets the old and established parameter of evaluation. Consider, returning to the very example mentioned earlier, van Gogh whose drawings have broken all the records at auction had only sold one painting in his lifetime, resulting from the localized discussion of his time. In addition, some critics advertise certain art works such as current hitting movies and best sellers, in order to help the commercial cooperator making more profit while overstating the real value. Thus, evaluator often obscures our vision to the real value of art and does a disservice to society by serving as a filter.In sum, I agree that artist raises the lasting value to society. Admittedly, in many cases critics engage in weighing and wide spreading the value of art works. Yet, such practical functions by a critic should be used with caution, for the reason that true art is the product of the artist’s fervent passion and unique creation. Thus, critics make little difference to the lasting value of art.
没有完全修改,不好意思啊!
看完后除了不少语法错误外,还发现几个论证的问题。首先你是支持观点的,但在500多字的文章中,只有100左右是说明了artists创造了永恒的价值,而大部分的论证都在说critics,所以我觉得有点主次不分。第二,在论证critics的时候没有明确说出他们没有创造价值。第三,看了结尾后,我反而觉得你不是在论证题目而是想说critics的作用和要注意的地方。
以上纯属个人意见,只供参考!!:)
批得很点也是希望你能够更好得构思和审题!!:loveliness:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-25
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-8-15 22:04:18 |只看该作者
谢谢warlzc狠拍

提纲思路是这样的:大+小-,比较型论证:
1. (+)artist
   所有艺术均由artist创造 e.g.  Van Gogh, Beethoven, I.M. Pei
2.  本来还想写(-)artist的,就是信息爆炸之类的,但是最后发现和(+)critic的功能是加起来写的,warlzc 应该是觉得这个部分不清晰
    (+)Critic的2个作用:a,推广,e.g. Isabella Blow discovered Alexander McQueen
                                     b,选择
3.  (-)Critic的2个反作用:a,评论家局限性,e.g. 还是Van Gogh                              
                                        b,评论家功利性    e.g.  hitting movies and best sellers

p.s.  argument65 也是第一篇,加油!

https://bbs.gter.net/viewthread.php?tid=723042&page=1&extra=page%3D1#pid1770727225

[ 本帖最后由 Jinnee 于 2007-8-15 22:06 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

RE: Issue144 求拍,小妹终于踏出第一步 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子