0910G[Splendid Sun]终极冲刺 BY CMGS [复制链接]

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-8 17:18:44 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE56 - "Governments should focus more on solving the immediate problems of today rather than trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future."
字数:566          用时:00:43:38          日期:2009/8/8 17:18:28

Well, with the technology and science developing rapidly and hugely, more and more problems we have to face. Someone claims that governments should focus more on the immediate problems of today and solve it. From my perspective, I partly agree with this point, I think that both immediate problems and anticipated problems need the governments place emphasis on.

First of all, why we have to face many new and complex problems nowadays. As far as I am concerned, those problems are caused by the development of technology and science. Admittedly, humans have been improved through the new technologies and scientific results, however, it also bring some problems to our society and civilization. Like we can access to the Internet for communcating, shopping, playing and so on. But the Internet also bring the violence, false information and other disadvtanages, which would lead some serious society problems, to us. Moreover, after we found out the oil could drive machines, oil have been used in every fields aroud our world. In one hand, our social productive have been hugely promoted, in another hand, we have to face the environment pollution and problems like the Global Warming. Therefore, I mean, when we enjoy our daily life, we also need care about those problems around us.

Depending on many problems we have to face today, especially the immediate problems, in my opinion, governments have a duty to place more emphasis on those problems and try to solve them. Because the development of technology and science let our society become more and more new and complex than before, the problems which are accompany with the development, also become more complicated and fresh. Those problems could not be solved only by individuals or community. Without governments forces, althought we would try our best to deal with those problems but it is hardly to really solve it. As I mentiond above, the Internet bring the violence, false information to our society, only depending on individual's power may not protect our next generation far away from the violence and filter the false information. If the censorate of the governments place more emphasis on the violence and false information, I believe that it will help for protect the next generation and the public credibility. Furthermore, the Global Warming problem, which is cause by oil, also need goverments cooperate and use the national resources to solve it. In sum, the governments should focus and solve the immediate problems.

At the same time, I have to say that government should also place emphasis on the anticipated problems. As I see, some problems we could absolutely avoid before they are happen, if our government considered and tried to solve them. As I provided before, the violence and false information would cause the social violent and decrease the publice credibility, but if our governments place more emphasis on it and try to solve it, it will be never happen. And for the Global Warming problem, if our government considered the disadvantages before we widely use the oil, I believe that those problems would not take place. Thus, focus on the anticipated problems of the future is also very important to our society and civilization.

To sum up, both the immediate problems of today and anticipated problems of the future need the governments focus on. The governments could not ignore either ot them, only in this way could improve our civilization.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-9 15:41:30 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE136 - "The absence of choice is a circumstance that is very, very rare."
字数:637          用时:00:42:35          日期:2009/8/9 15:41:01

Well, with the society developing rapidly and hugely, we have to face much more new and complex problems nowadays. Someone claims that the absence of choice is a circumstance that is very, very rare. From my perspective, I agree with this point, in other word, we always have choice.

First of all, there are more and more choices we have in the contemporary society. As far as I am concerned, people have much more choice in most of circumstance than the past because the development of the technology and science. New technologies or scientific results can give us new tools, conceptions and knowledge to deal with the problems which are becoming new and complex, even those technologies or scientific results would also bring us some problems. Like we can easily communicate with others through the Internet, telephone, letters and so on. Moreover, when we want to study, in the past, we had to go to school, but today we can conveniently use the remote education system to gain the knowledge and skills. Therefore, I think that in the contemporary life, with the development of technology and science, we have lots of choices.

Admittedly the new technologies and scientific results would bring us more choices than before, whereas somethins, we also have few choices in some realms. In my opinion, even though the technology and science developing rapidly and hugely, however, they were not omnipotent. First, the technology and science has two sides, one is solving the existed problems or give us a way to deal with those problems, another is bringing us new problems which need new technologies or scientific results to solve. Like the Internet make us live better and conveniently, we can easily communicating, shopping, playing and geting information, but in other hand, the Internet also bring the violence, false information, cheating and so on to our society. To deal with those problems, we hope that the next generation Internet use more intelligent programs to filter the bad information and protect our next generation. Second, there are also many fields which are unknown to us, we couldn't use the contemporary technologies or sicentific results to explore these unknown realms. In short, when we face these fields, we surely have no choice. Like, we can't understand why people have memories, how our brain working and so on. Thus, we have choices is relative not absolute.

But, as a Chinese wise man once said: there is always a way out, we should learn how to find our way out. It means that we have no choices is also relative not absolute, with the development of society, one day we will find out a way to deal with those unsolved problems. As I mentioned above, in some fields, it is surely that we have few choices today, but we couldn't consider that we will always have few choices in those realms because the technology and science is developing, no one can guarantee that in the future we will find a way out finally. For example, in the early 21th, we used the mobile phone with the 2-generation communication technology, in this time, we would find out we have no choice when we want to use this technology to communicate with others face by face. But now, the 3-generation communication technology solve this problem, the high speed communicating network could support us talk with others face by face and so on. After all, I have to say that we will have choices in the future.

To sum up, the development of technology and science brings us much more both choices and problems nowadays. We could use those contemporary technologies and scientific results to deal with lots of situation in our daily life. For those no choice realms, we believe that we will have a way out in the future.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-9 22:26:36 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE184 - "It is a grave mistake to theorize before one has data."
字数:579          用时:00:44:28          日期:2009/8/9 22:26:21

Well, with the technology and science developing rapidly and hugely, we have more and more theories than before. Someone claims that if a theory didn't have enough and precise data, this theory was grave mistake. As far as I am concerned, I partly agree with this point when the theory relate to some application realms, but I think the even a theory didn't have enough and precise data, it also may be useful.

First of all, I have to explain that how the theory was created and what is the function of data in the theory. As we known that, the theory was defined as the results of the researches.  It can predict the similar conditions or situations in the future. Also, people could recognize the relevant fields through the theory. To create a theory, people need research a lots of situations and phenomenon and find the interrelationship among them. In some realms, from my perspective, like the chemistry, physics, math and other basic subject, which can be defined as a math model, data is very significant part in the related researches. The data could inflence even determine the final results of the research. Like the famous E=mc2 which is called the mass-energy equation by Einstein, if this theory didn't have enough and precise data to support it, I think it would little credible and make no one convince it. In other hand, in some abstract fields or social subject, data may not act as the same important. In those area, the main function of those researches is to find out the rule to predict, define and explain the phenomenon and situation, the function of data in those fields is to support the conclusion in some extent because humans could not calculate out the precise data. For example the research of human's mental world, we could not have a precise math model to define the spirit, so that we have to investigate a group of people to find the answer, although this answer without enough and precise data, it also have a representative in some extent. To some up, the demand of data for theory in different realms is not same.

Moreover, are these hypothesis is a grave mistake just because they have no data to support? In my opinion, I disagree this point. As I mentioned above, in some social and abstract fields, the data is not very important to the theory. In this area, the theory is based on the law of the interrelationship among the objects. This law could not easily define as a math model so that we could have data to support the theory. But as I see, those hypothesis is also very important to our society and civilization, they can conclude the same situations which is caused in our contemporary society. In the most time, the hypothesis is act as a predicting tools for us. We can use it to avoid some social problems or recognize the humans' spirit world. Like the Maslow's hierarchy of needs, it didn't have any data to support it. But it define the demand of humans clearly and accurately. Thus, I think even the hypothesis have no data to support it, it also very important to our society.

To sum up, the data for theory in different areas have different functions, also the hypothesis is very important to our comtemporary society, we could not think that if a theory have no data it would be a grave mistake.

使用道具 举报

RE: 0910G[Splendid Sun]终极冲刺 BY CMGS [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
0910G[Splendid Sun]终极冲刺 BY CMGS