帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-8-29 16:10:05 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Issue38  第3篇 让砖头来得更猛烈些吧!
------摘要------
作者:寄托家园作文版普通用户     
------题目------
In the age of television, reading books is not as important as it once was. People can learn as much by watching television as they can by reading books.
------正文------
The speaker asserts that watching television is more valuable rather than reading books by which we could learn more than reading in the past. While this claim seems plausible in the abstract, it ignores many practical problems. I strongly disagree with this assertion, for the reason that in my point of view, reading is still of great importance to enhance the knowledge of person who wants to learn more about the world.
In the first place, I fundamentally disagree with this claim on the ground that the books are records of the past, though which we could not only know the ideology of the precursors, but also the evolution of human being. We could acquire knowledge of every fiber by reading books. Everyone could not image that if there are not books in this world, but only a series of television. Learning is defined as a process during which people see, heard points of views from the open outside and then digest them after a critical thinking of their own. In this respect, reading is such a process that provides spaces for one to acquire, comprehend and absorb knowledge.
In addition, another reason why I essentially disagree with the assertion is that reading books is really a fun. Unlike watching TV, reading books allows readers enter into a world which the author depicts and a pleasurable and initiative metal state. By absorbing the content of the books, one can also have their own thinking concerning the characters of the roles in the story whereas television only provides one dimension of the background, which in some extent limits the participants own thinking but accept whatever is passed off passively instead. What is more, books are portable which makes one read at every opportunity possible and are suitable for persons who are living a life in a society of rapid pace.
However, I concede that with the rapid pace of the society's development, television provides us more information in a more convenient way indeed. For example, television could report a traffic accident in the first time and inform the public though the news in the first time whereas the books could not be so swift. For this matter, I admit the advantages of the television in some respects, but I still contend that it cannot wholly replace the role of books. On balance, we could watch TV to acquire the latest information regarding the current condition of the world and the countries which are distant from ours in an objective and accurate way, while reading books provides us more about the author’s subjective state of mind, impressions or reflections of an event or experience.
To sum up, due to the above mentioned reasons, which sometimes correlate with each other to generate an integrate whole and thus become more convincing than any single one of them, we may be comfortable to say that books are still indispensable in this era. In the final analysis, they are two methods for us to develop the world, which make our life more sense.
I will want nothing else to see me though....
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: issue38 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子