注册时间
2006-4-8
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-19 23:30:37 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
writing(dormitory):
Students at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose to live in university dormitories, or they may choose to live in apartments in the community. Compare the advantages of living in university housing with the advantages of living in an apartment in the community. Where would you prefer to live? Give reasons for your preference.

Coincident with the enrollment of universities, we can make the decision that where we live. That is to say, we could settle ourselves either on or off campus. Though each of them possesses specific advantages, I prefer to live on campus for the benefits of dormitories on campus, from my point of view, overweigh that of off campus.

Primarily, living in university housing saves large amount of time. That is to say, the distance from dormitory to classrooms, library and any other facilities on campus is much shorter than that between a department off campus to such places. For example, it may take five minutes walking for me from my dormitory to the sport field, while off-campus apartment will lead the time double. And, this five minutes is just one trip resulted from the two choices, how much the waste would be for a month, or even a whole year? How much more things I could have done if I am living on campus? In this way, I vote for the choice of living in on-campus dormitory.

Some people would ask me 'I can do sports in community, too. So I do not need to go to fields in the school, and many stuff could also been reached out in apartments off campus'. Disagreement comes out in two aspects. Firstly, sport fields on campus may not cost as much as that in the community or such fields are probably totally free for students. And foods on campus careens or snap bars are less expensive than that off campus. Another reason is that not all of the facilities available on campus has their counterpart in communities off campus. Take the library for example. Not every community could be close to a library. What is more, campus library owns lots of books for some certain disciplines that would not exist in other libraries. In sum, campus life provides the students with much cheaper facilities as well as some particular advantages that could not happen in an apartment in the communities.

In addition, people withhold different opinion may take the views that they prefer to be alone, or they love to contact people with various backgrounds, which gives them the chance for personal hobbies such as loud music or contact that will aids their future career a great deal. Unfortunately, I do not care these aspects helpful to them much. On the contrary, I enjoy time with my classmate not only for chatting in my dormitory, but also discussion on assignments in the library, or playing tennis in the sports field. And live on campus make these kinds of things easy going. In this case, university housing is more desirable for me.

In conclusion, valuable respects are more suitable for me and I do not care much on the advantages in an apartment in the community. So I prefer to living in university housing.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-8-29
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-20 10:08:05 |只看该作者
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

crack 9t小组18th作业——harrietann

writing(dormitory):
Students at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose to live in university dormitories, or they may choose to live in apartments in the community. Compare the advantages of living in university housing with the advantages of living in an apartment in the community. Where would you prefer to live? Give reasons for your preference.

Coincident with the enrollment of universities, we can make the(delete )decision that(delete) where we live. That is to say, we could settle ourselves either on or off campus. Though each of them possesses specific advantages, I prefer to live on campus for the benefits of dormitories on campus, from my point of view, overweigh that of off campus.
(why do you use the word "campus" so mang times in this sentence, besides, from my point of view should at the beginning. and you must add "which" before the overweight that of off campus to make this sentence correct)

Primarily, living in university housing( dormitory here is better) saves large amount of time. That is to say( in your first paragraph, this sentence has appeared one time, which means that is good sentence to replace this one), the distance from dormitory to classrooms, library and any other facilities on campus is much shorter than that between a department off campus to such places. For example, it may take five minutes walking for me from my dormitory to the sport field, while off-campus apartment will lead the time double. And, this five minutes is just one trip resulted from the two choices, how much the waste would be for a month, or even a whole year? How much more (delete)things I could have done if I am living on campus? In this way, I vote for the choice of living in on-campus dormitory.( you should avoid chinese english)

Some people would ask me 'I can do sports in community, too. So I do not need to go to fields in the school, and many stuff could also been reached out in apartments off campus'. Disagreement comes out in two aspects. Firstly, sport fields on campus may not cost as much as that in the community or such fields are probably totally free for students. And foods on campus careens or snap bars are less expensive than that off campus. Another reason is that not all of the facilities available on campus has their counterpart in communities off campus. Take the library for example. Not every community could be close to a library. What is more, campus library owns lots of books for some certain disciplines that would not exist in other libraries. In sum, campus life provides the students with much cheaper facilities as well as some particular advantages that could not happen (offered)in an apartment in the communities.
(?)where is your topic sentence? and this content has a little away from the topic

In addition, people withhold different opinion(opinions) may take the views that they prefer to be alone, or they love to contact people with various backgrounds, which gives them the chance for personal hobbies (what do you mean here)such as loud music or contact that will aids their future career a great deal. Unfortunately, I do not care these aspects helpful to them much. On the contrary, I enjoy time with my classmate(classmates) not only for chatting in my dormitory, but also discussion on assignments in the library, or playing tennis in the sports field. And live on campus make these kinds of things easy going. In this case, university housing is more desirable for me.

In conclusion, valuable respects(aspects) are more suitable for me and I do not care much on the advantages in an apartment in the community. So I prefer to living in university housing.

notice: improvement in your sentence and word.
          topic sentence is necessary to present the mean of whole paragraph.
          more importantly, you should be serious with analysis on subject

from personal perspective, this composition can be done in following aspects.
                                      one is the price of dormitory
                      another one is living in dormitory is helpful to enhance some social skills such as communication and coomperation.
                      another one is living in dormitory is beneficial for students to study, like discussion in academic knowledge and quesition

fighting
!;d:
追求
      我不放弃

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
真正的光明决不是永没有黑暗的时间,只是永不被黑暗所掩蔽罢了。真正的英雄决不是永没有卑下的情操,只是永不被卑下的情操所屈服罢了。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-4-8
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-8-21 23:46:58 |只看该作者
橙色的部分我是想说在自己租的房子里可以有自己的爱好,比如摇滚乐

使用道具 举报