2008-2-15
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-8-16 21:31:51 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 louisa427 于 2010-8-20 21:17 编辑

用时:45分钟。。。。。

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Most businesspeople are motivated only by the desire for more money.(Money).

It is common sense that there is one and the only one aim for businesspeople that is maximizing the profit endlessly. Well, in my point of view, if I were a businessman I would be driven by money, too.

What’s the most primary and important aspect for one to start his business? Obviously, the answer is money. The comfortable living conditions, excellent-quality cars, decent suits, etc, all of them would be accessible if we have a lot of money. Impelled by these luxurious desires, making money as much as possible is widely accepted and becoming the top goal for most businesspeople to pursue. Actually, not only the businesspeople, but also the common ones are motivated by the desire for more money .

Also, we have to agree that we, human being, are rapacious. This is our nature, we are born sinfully. If we, assume us as businessmen, have made plenty of money, what will we do to make best use of the money? I hold the opinion that most people would choose putting the money into their business in order to generate more money. It is not difficult to find that, many famous businesspeople have stretched their antenna to many areas. Taking Li jiacheng, the richest man in Hong Kong for example, his business has spread from investment, stocks to energy industry and even education. It is no doubt that these different aspects of business have guaranteed Li jiacheng as Hong Kong’s richest man.

However, just as the topic states that it is most businessmen, not the all of them are motivated only by the desire for more money. In the early 19th century, some people set up their own business just in order to lead China to convert her poor situation to a brand-new one and to encourage the Chinese to get rid of those hardheaded and feudal traditions. Their efforts, I do know how much money that had made, are really helpful for transferring people’s mind and opening the door of industry for China. Of course, in modern society, there till are many businesspeople doing their best to help the sound development of our society.

In conclusion, as I mentioned above, it is undeniable that making as much as many is business people’s basic and crucial motivation. However, not all of them make it as their only desire, there are many other origin for them to do so.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-13
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-8-17 11:41:16 |只看该作者
学习了!最后一段as much as many这个说法是不是不对?as much money as possible

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-21
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-8-17 13:20:00 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 longxue26 于 2010-8-17 13:21 编辑

It is common sense <common sense不是常识的意思吗? 你是要说 widely considered吧?>that there is one and the only one aim for businesspeople that is maximizing the profit endlessly. Well, in my point of view, if I were a businessman I would be driven by money, too. 有个性的好开头!

What’s the most primary and important aspect for one to start his business? Obviously, the answer is money. The comfortable living conditions, excellent-quality cars, decent suits, etc, all of them would be accessible if we have a lot of money. Impelled by these luxurious desires, making money as much as possible is widely accepted and becoming the top goal for most businesspeople to pursue. Actually, not only the businesspeople, but also the common ones are motivated by the desire for more money .说得好!

Also, we have to agree that we, human being, are rapacious. This is our nature, we are born sinfully<有个性!>. If we, assume us as businessmen, have made plenty of money, what will we do to make best use of the money? I hold the opinion that most people would choose putting the money into their business in order to generate more money. It is not difficult to find that, many famous businesspeople have stretched their antenna to many areas. Taking Li jiacheng, the richest man in Hong Kong for example, his business has spread from investment, stocks to energy industry and even education. It is no doubt that these different aspects of business have guaranteed Li jiacheng as Hong Kong’s richest man.

However, just as the topic states that it is most businessmen, not the all of them are motivated only by the desire for more money. In the early 19th century, some people set up their own business just in order to lead China to convert her poor situation to a brand-new one and to encourage the Chinese to get rid of those hardheaded and feudal traditions. Their efforts, I do know how much money that had made, are really helpful for transferring people’s mind and opening the door of industry for China. Of course, in modern society, there till are many businesspeople doing their best to help the sound development of our society.

In conclusion, as I mentioned above, it is undeniable that making as much as many <make money as much as possilbe>is business people’s basic and crucial motivation. However, not all of them make it as their only desire, there are many other origin for them to do so.

好文章!
我觉得 最后一段结尾的部分, 还是要突出说你在第一段的立场 加上一个however后面的 感觉重心有点偏移了
当然 那也挡不住你这篇文章的各种光彩哈  况且 你就用了45分钟写完  我真是佩服的五体投地了!
非常好! 学习了!
God Bless me!
我想我可以的!是一定可以的!是一定一定不错的!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-15
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2010-8-17 19:50:18 |只看该作者
谢谢修改,是as much as possible
我还想问个问题,托福的作文如果是肯定或者否定的话是全部肯定还是全部否定,还是可以象GRE作文那样,大部分同意,然后提出一点小反对?
期待回答,谢谢

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-17 20:07:25 |只看该作者
唉??没人理???

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-17 22:27:43 |只看该作者
8月十七作文上交,欢迎大家拍砖

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
Students who can keep their own rooms organized are more likely to succeed.

How to be successful? I think this is a topic has been discussed all the time. Maybe the answer ranks from the people’s characteristics, moral virtue to their unique opinions. However, to this statement that students who can keep their own rooms organized are more likely to succeed, I can not completely agree with.

In fact, I’m puzzled that what about the students who keep their rooms organized and make other rooms, such as classroom, public library, in a mess? In fact, I have met several persons like this. Will they not be successful in the future? Ok. Let’s back to the statement. What the point of keep their rooms organized? Meaning everything in those rooms are in an excellent order? Or makes everyone that enters their rooms blurt out that “wow, is it a sample room?”. Of course, keeping rooms organized would be praised for their good living habit and being sweet helpers for their moms, but what’s the necessary relationship with success? Maybe they can have a perfect plan to organize their future, however, that would not usually result in success.

In order to be successful, I think one should be industrious, knowable and possess the ability in solving the difficulties. There is an old saying goes like this: no pain, no gain. Hard working is the solid basis for future success. The scientists who got Nobel Prize must put unimaginable efforts into their researches. Also, knowledgeable, the more knowledge and skills one possesses, the higher possibility he would achieve success. In Addison, the ability tackling with problems is the key point to be successful. There is a story about a Chinese woman, named Zhang Haidi, who was paralyzed after a terrible disease. However, she didn’t lose heart and give up hopes for life. Year after year, she learned English and acupuncture by herself. And I think, none would deny the fact that she is successful.

I always keep what my grandpa told me in mind that: to be successful, not means how much money you have earned or how high your social state has been, it emphasizes whether you are pleased with what you have done. We are common people, not businessmen, politician and celebrities, if we have tried our best to accomplish a matter that could be defined as success. The rule of judging success not make by others, just by ourselves.

In conclusion, students who want to obtain success, not only rely on the characteristics as industrious, knowledgeable and solving tickle problems, but also depend on how you define success and how you judge what you have done.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-17 22:28:51 |只看该作者
word版,链接下载
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-18 11:29:32 |只看该作者
okay啦~

8-17的作文修改
God Bless me!
我想我可以的!是一定可以的!是一定一定不错的!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-18 22:17:46 |只看该作者
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:- C8 w. u" g( ~6 l
  Sports teaches us lessons about life

Well, to this statement I can’t be more agree with it. Sports, developing with the social progress, have been the spirit of the world. Of course, its specific properties, such as persistence, never giving up when confront with difficulties and how to treat the relationship in reputation, money and daily life are always give us vivid lessons about our modern life.

When coming to persistence, someone would treat it with contempt and holds the idea that it’s not a big deal. Yes, maybe we all have something been doing day after day, such as housework, and so we take this kind of repeating such matter as persistence for grounded. However, we may ignore a key point that the athletes exercise most of a day with highly-concentrated and highly-tensed. They repeat this unbelievable process day after day and can not stop even they get the gold medal of Olympic Games. In our daily life, if we make our mind and concentrate in an important thing, I think we would be successful in the end.

Also, I think in any Championship or any other kind of sports game, making mistakes is unavoidable. However, how to tackle with this problem seems to be crucial for their future performance. There are many instances about some athletes who had a fault in the competition or perform not that well as usual, they choose a negative way to handle these problems. Some of them quit the sportsdom, and the others would do worse than before. We must draw a lesson from those important aspects and put them into practice in our daily life. No matter what difficulties we will face and no matter how tough they may be, we could not lose our hearts and give up our dreams, we should adjust our attitude and continuously conclude the reason why we have made this mistake and how we avoid it in the future.

In addition, how the athletes deal with their reputation and money after they are famous has alerted us. Tiger Woods, has earned more headlines in newspapers about his dishonesty in his marriage and sexual scandals than his excellent golf skills and numerous prizes. What he has done challenged the social moral, and people seem change their solid mind about Tiger. I think it’s the so-called: to be success is tough, while keeping it is much tougher.

In conclusion, sports does a good teacher for our life, we must realize it, draw lessons from it and keep them in mind.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-18 22:18:41 |只看该作者
独立写作附件,

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-18 22:19:36 |只看该作者
In this set of material, the professor in the lecture has completely different views on the topic which is made in the reading passage.

First of all, according to the professor, he believed that working in a group would make the members in it not that passionate for offering ideas, because all the members are as a whole, anyone’s contribution may not even have a name on this project. This point casts doubt on the author’s idea that more members means more knowledge, skills and experience and then would result in success of the project.

Also, contrary to the statement in the reading that working in a group means there are more solutions and suggestions for the project. While, the professor indicates that there are so many people in a group, and consequently, there are plenty of different ideas to take into account which would make there is a difficult in getting a consensus.

In addition, the professor argues that the influential people would control the direction of the project, those common members’ meaningful advice could always be ignored. And if there is a mistake in the process, it is the staff, rather than the influential ones will be blamed. However, this point of view entirely challenge the idea made by the author that group members will benefit from group working and some of them could distinguish themselves for their outstanding behavior and suggestions.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-18 22:20:21 |只看该作者
综合写作附件

使用道具 举报

声望