注册时间
2005-10-11
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-12-19 20:37:49 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
issue177
"The study of an academic discipline alters the way we perceive the world. After studying the discipline, we see the same world as before, but with different eyes."

Outline:
Position: agree (social science, nature science, humanity)

1. economics (social science)
2. technology (nature science)
3. art (humanity)

The author hold the belief that studying academic disciplines can serve as an catalyst for reshaping one's values and ideas when observing the world. According to my own lights, the author's claim is certainly correct, hence I tend to fundamentally agree with this claim insofar as the method we perceive the surroundings does vary dramatically with the unswerving pursuit of knowledge in social science, nature science, humanity, etc.

To begin with, economics, which is widely accepted as the pearl in the crown of social science, acts as an invisible hand arranging all activities in the society. Studying economics go a long way for us towards understanding accurately how the world as a whole works and thereby directly influence our viewpoints and values. As a student major in economics, I am always trained to think about issues just like an economist. I find that I can not help trying to explain social phenomenon and analyze current events in the nation as I gradually learn more in this field. This illustrates that one's way of perceiving the world will be influenced through studying certain discipline and at length one will be inclined to observe the environment based on it.

When it comes to the nature science, such as mathematics, physicals, chemistry, biology and the like, the study of them provides new ideas for the human beings and transforms into reality many dreams or ever considered impossibilities. Take the plane for example, in the ancient times when the technology was not developed, no one would ever imagine that one day human beings could also fly high in the blue sky just like a bird; however, as the knowledge and technology mastered by human became more and more affluent, people finally succeeded in flying and even went to the other planets in the universe. Simply put, it is in that case through study of nature science that gives mankind impetus and courage to go further continually in human history.

As for art, it instills us with beauty and love and thereby makes the world more pleasant and humanizing for living. By listening to the Hero of Bethoven, one would feel encouraged a lot and bring about perseverance in the task which one intended to give up before; by appreciating Mona Lisa of Da vinci, one would be attracted by the mysterious smile depicted in the painting. The study of art not only provides the skill of detecting beauty in one's daily life, but it also tints human beings with great sympathy and responsibility. For instance, the Picasso's painting The Dove reflected the condition of children during the World War, which was an appeal to people for ceasing the war and saving the children, and many people at that time were moved and took the responsibilities to do something for children.  

To sum up, since studying disciplines in social science conducts to make social decisions , the nature science accelerates social development and humanities brings us social responsibilities, in that case, it is important for us to study these disciplines in order to improve all the aspects which badly need getting better.

我觉得这次作业好难哦,都不知道怎么写,怎么写都觉得跑题,希望有人指点我一下,在这里先谢过啦^-^
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-10-19
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2005-12-20 11:10:05 |只看该作者
issue177
"The study of an academic discipline alters the way we perceive the world. After studying the discipline, we see the same world as before, but with different eyes."
以下是我的一些拙见。有些地方我也是不太清楚,比较模糊,可能会帮你改错了。希望你把觉得有争议或改的不对的地方提出来,大家一起讨论。
Outline:
Position: agree (social science, nature science, humanity)
1. economics (social science)
2. technology (nature science)
3. art (humanity)
这个分类挺特别的。先把教育的内容分为三类,然后依次说他们如何如何开阔人的视野。我怎么就没想到呢?

The author holds the belief that studying academic disciplines can serve as an(a) catalyst for reshaping one's values and ideas when observing the world. According to my own lights, the author's claim is certainly correct, hence I tend to fundamentally agree(这句就不要了吧。你的文章当然是表明你的观点,给出来就是了) with this claim insofar as the method we perceive the surroundings does vary dramatically with the unswerving pursuit of knowledge in social science, nature science, humanity, etc.

To begin with, economics, which is widely accepted as the pearl in the crown of social science, acts as an invisible hand arranging all activities in the society. Studying economics go a long way for us towards understanding accurately how the world as a whole works and thereby directly influence our viewpoints and values. As a student major in economics, I am always trained to think about issues just like an economist. I find that I can notcannothelp trying to(中国式英语?) explain social phenomenon and analyze(analyzing) current events in the nation as I gradually learn more in this field. This illustrates that one's way of perceiving the world will be influenced through studying certain discipline and at length one will be inclined to observe the environment based on it.(我认为你整篇分别讲社会科学、自然科学、人类学从不同角度开阔视眼。要是我理解正确的话,这段结尾应是social science conducts to make social decisions,不能是“学到一定深度视野会变”吧?这样好像又换到另一个论点上去了)

When it comes to the nature science, such as mathematics, physicals, chemistry, biology and the like, the study of them provides new ideas for the human beings and transforms into reality many dreams or ever considered impossibilities(transforms many dreams or ever considered impossibilities into reality). Take the plane for example, in the ancient times when the technology was not developed, no one would ever imagine that one day human beings could also fly high in the blue sky just like a bird; however, as the knowledge and technology mastered by human became more and more affluent, people finally succeeded in flying and even went to the other planets in the universe.(这个例子挺好!) Simply put, it is in that case through study of nature science that gives mankind impetus and courage to go further continually in human history.

As for art, it instills us with beauty and love and thereby makes the world more pleasant and humanizing for living. By listening to the Hero of(composed by,不知of 可以否?) Beethoven, one would feel encouraged a lot and bring about perseverance in the task which one intended to give up before; by appreciating Mona Lisa of Da vinci, one would be attracted by the mysterious smile depicted in the painting. The study of art not only provides the skill of detecting beauty in one's daily life, but it also tints human beings with great sympathy and responsibility. For instance, the Picasso's painting The Dove reflected the condition of children during the World War, which was an appeal to people for ceasing the war and saving(retrieval, 不知save可以否?) the children, and many people at that time were moved and took the responsibilities to do something for children.  

To sum up, since studying disciplines in social science conducts to make social decisions, the nature science accelerates social development and humanities brings us social responsibilities, in that case, it is important for us to study these disciplines in order to improve all the aspects which badly need getting better.

我觉得这次作业好难哦,都不知道怎么写,怎么写都觉得跑题,希望有人指点我一下,在这里先谢过啦^-^

写的挺好的,这么难的作文能写成这样很不错啦!
首先要说的是提纲很好,很清晰。
再就是思路也很清晰。
没有什么大问题,只是第二段结尾有些跑题。再改改就更好了
继续努力!^-^

使用道具 举报

RE: issue177 kito小组作业贴 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票