寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-31
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-5-19 17:09:35 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way to truly relax and reduce stress is to spend time alone.

We as human being have different qualities, strengths, and weaknesses. Same goes for how to deal with stress. Every individual has a different way of relax and reduce stress. However, upon the question, spend time alone or with friends, which is the best way to truly relax and reduce stress. Different people hold different opinions due to their various backgrounds and knowledge. From my personal angle, I am in favor of the opinions that the best way to truly relax and reduce stress is to spend time with friends. This point of view is based on the following reasons.

First of all, it is a truth universally acknowledged that telling the boring things and stress to somebody such as friends or parents can relax ourselves and reduce stress. Statistical reports from the Center of Students’ Development in Hong Kong demonstrated that students who always spend time with friends and chat with friends about tedious things often feel far more real relax and reduce the stress from study than people who always spend time alone. Therefore, the most striking conclusion is obvious that spend time with friends is better than spend time alone to truly relax and reduce stress.

In addition, friends and parents may give us some useful suggestions to what we are worried and encourage us. Being with friends can be fun and aid one in overcoming the trying periods in life. My personal experience serves as a typical example. When I come with friends I can always exchange views with them about study, society or other things that bored me. Once, I confronted a serious problem and I found the new project very stressful. I did not know how to deal with it, while thanks for my friends and parents, they gave me lots of suggestions and also encouraged me to overcome it. Finally, I did a good job and spent time with my friends I relax pressure from the work. So I think the best way to relax and reduce stress is to spend time with friends and family.

Furthermore, when we suffered from stress, we stay alone and hope to reduce it but it might impose more stress on us. Spending time alone is, to certain regard, helpful to calm down one’s temper, actually it is likely to aggravate affliction more than alleviate them. Unfortunately, the more imperfect he discovers, the heavier mental weary he or she would suffer from. From this prospective, spending time alone is not an optimal way to get true relaxation.

To sum up, although sometimes we need to be alone to think and spend time alone has several benefits, they can not surpass the overwhelming advantage of spend time with friends. So taking into account all the factors discussed above, we could safely come to the conclusion that if we feel stress from our works and studies, the best way to relax and reduce stress is to spend time with our friends.
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: 【Dark_Tournament TOEFL-ibt作文小组 jessie18第31次作业】 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子