寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-21 09:23:12 |只看该作者

平时摘抄

1 By and large(大体上,基本上), American patients (not to mention politicians and cancer advocacy groups) still subscribe to(同意,订阅) the view that every life is worth saving, no matter the cost, and that when it comes to prevention, screening is always good and more is always better.
2 take account of (考虑到)
North Americans should take account of eating soy regularly。
3 door busters (广告商品)
They charged in and bought the door busters, and when the door busters were out, it was over
4 in part (部分地)
the conservative U.S. Chamber of Commerce is spending millions to fight cap and trade, in part by casting suspicion over the science of climate change.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-21 15:50:10 |只看该作者

[REBORN FROM THE ASHES][comment][12.21]

本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-21 17:12 编辑

contemplate pristine  turmoil  shenanigan  pension funds  on behalf of  rumination   costlier  sanctum  lie idle  recoup  atrophy  replicate
stagnate  make hay翻晒干草  precipice  mobilisation
1 Yet students of economic turmoil will find their subject matter conveniently close to hand. 这句怎么翻译呀?
2 The world economy is fitfully getting back to normal, but it will be a “new normal”.
   世界经济将重新恢复正常,但是这将是一个新的正常。
3 Pimco’s laid-back sophisticates concluded that the financial markets may well “revert to mean”, which is a statistician’s way of saying that what comes down must go up.  "revert to mean"什么意思呀?
4  The answer lies on the other side of the balance-sheet.
5  “overinvestment and overspeculation…would have far less serious results were they not conducted with borrowed money.”
6  Once inflation has subsided, the authorities are free to turn the taps back on.
7  The premium banks must pay to borrow overnight from each other is now below 0.25%, the level Alan Greenspan, a former chairman of the Federal Reserve, once described as “normal”. 也不明白
8  Only when you hit bottom can you stop and contemplate the cliff you must now climb. 很有意思
9  I fancy that over-confidence seldom does any great harm except when, as, and if, it beguiles its victims into debt.”

from the author side, we can know that the over-confidence about future economy is really silly, taking all the fators metioned in the passage into account.initially,we can know that the portray of the golden state is pretty scaring and warning, but not as the most important just in order to elicit the real theme that the writter wanna express. the answer lies on two conflicting conlusion by the experts facing on the contemporary economy crisis condition. apparently author is more prone to the pessimistic one. and he gave us the full explanation of both ideas, furthermore, listed a couple of evidence and examples to convince us to believe the real situation waiting us is truculent and there is no fluke getting ahead.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-21 17:32:03 |只看该作者

edited by prettywraith

1 Yet students of economic turmoil will find their subject matter conveniently close to hand. 这句怎么翻译呀?

处在混乱经济中的学生能更方便的找到“实际的,真实的”研究课题。

3 Pimco’s laid-back sophisticates concluded that the financial markets may well “revert to mean”, which is a statistician’s way of saying that what comes down must go up.  "revert to mean"什么意思呀?

后面的定语从句就是解释这个revert to mean的,用到股票或者金融领域就是涨久必跌,跌就必涨

7  The premium banks must pay to borrow overnight from each other is now below 0.25%, the level Alan Greenspan, a former chairman of the Federal Reserve, once described as “normal”. 也不明白

应该谈的就是 银行间同业隔夜拆借利率(borrow overnight )的事

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-21 17:39:39 |只看该作者
“Saddled with the worst credit rating in the country, the ‘Golden State’ is cutting spending on schools, prisons and health care for the elderly, as well as closing parks and laying off staff for three days a month.”政府节约开支的几种说法全有了,以后写作可以学习。Saddled(承受) with

“He likened the economy to a piece of string stretched taut on a board. The more forcefully the string is plucked, the more sharply it snaps back.”学习老外是怎么写类比的句子
   This was a protracted(拖延的) slog(艰难行进). In the meantime Japan’s economy stagnated. By 2002 its output was almost 23% below its pre-crisis trajectory(轨道轨线弹道,原来可以这么用.
    Goldman Sachs is making hay(再创高峰).
    Economy has long been a intriguing subject.Turmoils today have witnessed breakdowns of big companies as well as sufferings of laid-off workers. Unemployment rate will continue to be high, as mentioned in the report, stability of society will be challenged.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-22 10:21:58 |只看该作者

[REBORN FROM THE ASHES][comment][12.22]

本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-22 13:45 编辑

procedural  tooth-and-nail  partisan   on the ground of  in the sense of  bipartisan  stumbling block绊脚石   As of  on the basis of

1 Shortly after 1am on Monday December 21st, the health bill cleared the first, and the most difficult, of the procedural hurdles it has to leap in order to secure passage through the Senate.  很多的定语
2  Since 60 votes is the precise number needed to avoid a filibuster, there was no room for error whatsoever, the reason why the procedural motion had taken so long. 做状语么?
3  The bill passed the House on a margin of just five votes, and in the Senate it has no safety margin. 怎么翻译?
Health-insurance system is always a headache for every country in the world no matter developing or developed,letting alone medical reform. To give an example, US is taking his way to the issue now, as we know, the rugged period for the legislation. From that, we can acknowledge that the core points lying on the issue is where the money comes from and where it will go for。Apart from the convenience to most people, it also broaden its range of populace with problems in commercial insurance before. No wonder it can get so much plaudit from whole nation, comparing with the roar and furious voice in Republican and its advocators. However refering in the up passage, the bill sill have a long way to go, so many hurdles to leap, so many persons to persuade.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-22 19:36:26 |只看该作者

prettywraith modify

本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-22 19:42 编辑

2,查了一下,有人说the reason why 不是什么标准的英语用法。这个具体是不是,我肯定说不清粗了。这里我就是理解成一个插入语,或是前面的一个同位语。
    具体是什么语法现象,大家讨论讨论吧。
3,议案通过众议院的时候仅以多出5票的优势通过,在参议院刚好(也就是刚好凑够票数,没有多余票数)通过。
many Americans deem it a trick indeed
His most attacked proposal, the medicare reform bill, appears perfect and ideal, yet stirs irritation among public--why?
To plug the gap, as many perceived and predicted, higher tax will be imposed, especially on middle-class citizens, sparking spleens and remonstrance.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-22 19:54:07 |只看该作者
a shadow of its former self 是个习语  意思是瘦得只剩下骨头

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-23 13:51:23 |只看该作者

【Fundamental Course of Writtng】基础写作每日一讲(13)-(15)Proofreading

本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-23 13:53 编辑

Proofreading for Commas

Compound Sentence Commas

and, nor, but, so, for, or, and yet,遇到他们的时候,要要加标点符号。

Examples:

She wanted to buy a new car, but she didn't have enough money to do so.
The wind blew fiercely, and the rain poured down.
Alaska was not the last state admitted into the US, nor does it have the lowest total population.

Comma Splices

If so, change the sentence in one of the following ways:

reword the sentence to change one clause into a subordinate (or dependent) clause (see our handout on dependent clauses)

add a coordinating conjunction after the comma

replace the comma with a semicolon

replace the comma with a period, question mark, or exclamation point, and capitalize the first word of the second clause

comma splice: Americans speak too rapidly, this is a common complaint by foreign visitors.
correct: Americans speak too rapidly; this is a common complaint by foreign visitors.
correct: Foreign visitors commonly complain that Americans speak too rapidly.

Introductory Commas

Introductory commas after dependent clauses

Examples:

While I was writing, the phone rang.
Because the weather was bad, we decided to cancel our planned picnic.
After the last guests left the party, we had to begin cleaning the house.

Other introductory commas

Examples:

To get a good grade, you must turn in all your homework problems.
Walking to work, Jim stopped for coffee at the diner.
Yes, I agree that the exam was difficult.

Examples:

On his way to work, Jim stopped for coffee at the diner.
In those days we wrote with a pen and paper.
Across the street from the library, an old man waited for a bus.

Disruptive Commas

General guidelines

1. Go through the paper, stopping at each comma.

2. If the comma isn't necessary for clarity or called for by a rule, get rid of it.

disruptive comma: They bought two pizzas, but ate only one.
correct: They bought two pizzas but ate only one.

disruptive comma: That man sitting in the train station, is the person I'm supposed to meet.

correct: That man sitting in the train station is the person I'm supposed to meet.

For disruptive commas between compound verbs or objects

disruptive comma: They bought two pizzas, but ate only one.
correct: They bought two pizzas but ate only one.

For disruptive commas between subjects and verbs

disruptive comma: That man sitting in the train station, is the person I'm supposed to meet.

correct: That man sitting in the train station is the person I'm supposed to meet.

Series Commas
People who are trying to reduce saturated fat in their diets should avoid eggs, meat, and tropical oils.
The candidate promised to lower taxes, protect the environment, reduce crime, and end unemployment.

Commas with Nonessential Elements
Students who cheat only harm themselves.
Fred, who often cheats, is just harming himself.

Summary

General Strategies

Take a break!

Leave yourself enough time.

Read aloud.

Role-play.

Get others involved.

Find out what errors you typically make.

Learn how to fix those errors.

Use specific strategies.

Spelling

Fragment Sentences

Run-on Sentences

Example run-on: I have to write a research paper for my class about extreme sports all I know about the subject is that I'm interested in it.
Edited version: I have to write a research paper for my class about extreme sports, and all I know about the subject is that I'm interested in it.
Another option: I have to write a research paper for my class about extreme sports. All I know about the subject is that I'm interested in it.

Comma Splices

Example: I would like to write my paper about basketball, it's a topic I can talk about at length.
Edited version: I would like to write my paper about basketball, because it's a topic I can talk about at length.
Edited version, using a semicolon: I would like to write my paper about basketball; it's a topic I can talk about at length.

Subject/Verb Agreement

Pronoun Reference/Agreement

Apostrophes

Revising for CohesionThis material (adapted from Style: Ten Lessons in Clarity and Grace, by Joseph Williams) will help students revise sentences for cohesion.
Two Principles

·Begin sentences with short, simple words and phrases that a) communicate information that appeared in previous sentences, or b) build on knowledge that you share with your reader.

·In a paragraph, keep your topics short and reasonably consistent.

Exercise: Diagnosis, Analysis, Revision

Diagnosis

1.Underline the first few words of every sentence in a paragraph, ignoring short introductory phrases such as "In the beginning," or "For the most part."

2.If you can, underline the first few words of every clause.
Analysis

1.Read your underlined words. Is there a consistent series of related topics?

2.Will your reader see these connections among the topics?

3.Decide what you will focus on in each paragraph.

4.Imagine that the passage has a title. The words in the title should identify what should be the topics of most of the sentences.
Revision

1.In most sentences, make the topics the subject of verbs.

2.Put most of the subjects at the beginning of your sentences. Avoid hiding your topic by opening sentences with long introductory clauses or phrases.

Sentences
Do your sentences "hang together?"

1.Readers must feel that they move easily from one sentence to the next, that each sentence "coheres" with the one before and after it.

2.Readers must feel that sentences in a paragraph are not just individually clear, but are unified with each other.
Does the sentence begin with information familiar to the reader?
Does the sentence end with interesting information the reader would not anticipate?

Paragraphs

Steps for Revising Your PaperWhen you have plenty of time to revise, use the time to work on your paper and to take breaks from writing. If you can forget about your draft for a day or two, you may return to it with a fresh outlook. During the revising process, put your writing aside at least twice - once during the first part of the process, when you are reorganizing your work, and once during the second part, when you are polishing and paying attention to details.
Use the following questions to evaluate your drafts. You can use your responses to revise your papers by reorganizing them to make your best points stand out, by adding needed information, by eliminating irrelevant information, and by clarifying sections or sentences.
Find your main point.What are you trying to say in the paper? In other words, try to summarize your thesis, or main point, and the evidence you are using to support that point. Try to imagine that this paper belongs to someone else. Does the paper have a clear thesis? Do you know what the paper is going to be about?
Identify your readers and your purpose.What are you trying to do in the paper? In other words, are you trying to argue with the reading, to analyze the reading, to evaluate the reading, to apply the reading to another situation, or to accomplish another goal?
Evaluate your evidence.Does the body of your paper support your thesis? Do you offer enough evidence to support your claim? If you are using quotations from the text as evidence, did you cite them properly?
Save only the good pieces.Do all of the ideas relate back to the thesis? Is there anything that doesn't seem to fit? If so, you either need to change your thesis to reflect the idea or cut the idea.
Tighten and clean up your language.Do all of the ideas in the paper make sense? Are there unclear or confusing ideas or sentences? Read your paper out loud and listen for awkward pauses and unclear ideas. Cut out extra words, vagueness, and misused words.
Eliminate mistakes in grammar and usage.Do you see any problems with grammar, punctuation, or spelling? If you think something is wrong, you should make a note of it, even if you don't know how to fix it. You can always talk to a Writing Lab tutor about how to correct errors.
Switch from Writer-Centered to Reader-Centered.Try to detach yourself from what you've written; pretend that you are reviewing some else's work. What would you say is the most successful part of your paper? Why? How could this part be made even better? What would you say is the least successful part of your paper? Why? How could this part be improved?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-23 13:52:30 |只看该作者

【Fundamental Course of Writtng】基础写作每日一讲(16)Metaphors

Related terms

extended or telescoping metaphor: A sustained metaphor.

The teacher descended upon the exams, sank his talons into their pages, ripped the answers to shreds, and then, perching in his chair, began to digest.

implied metaphor: A less direct metaphor.

John swelled and ruffled his plumage (versus John was a peacock)

mixed metaphor: The awkward, often silly use of more than one metaphor at a time. To be avoided!

The movie struck a spark that massaged the audience's conscience.

dead metaphor: A commonly used metaphor that has become over time part of ordinary language.

tying up loose ends, a submarine sandwich, a branch of government, and most clichés

simile: A comparison using "like" or "as"

Her face was pale as the moon.

metonym: The substitution of one term for another with which it is commonly associated or closely related.

the pen is mightier than the sword, the crown (referring to a Queen or King), hands (referring to workers who use their hands),

synecdoche: The substitution of a part for the whole or vice versa (a kind of metonym).

give us this day our daily bread

Definitely play with extended metaphors (see above) and experiment with some of the following, using metaphors...

as verbs

The news that ignited his face snuffed out her smile.

as adjectives and adverbs

Her carnivorous pencil carved up Susan's devotion.

as prepositional phrases

The doctor inspected the rash with a vulture's eye.

as appositives or modifiers

On the sidewalk was yesterday's paper, an ink-stained sponge

Examples

Scratching at the window with claws of pine, the wind wants in.

Imogene Bolls, "Coyote Wind"

What a thrill--my thumb instead of an onion. The top quite gone except for a sort of hinge of skin....A celebration this is. Out of a gap a million soldiers run, redcoats every one.

Sylvia Plath, "Cut"

The clouds were low and hairy in the skies, like locks blown forward in the gleam of eyes.

Robert Frost, "Once by the Pacific"

Little boys lie still, awake wondering, wondering delicate little boxes of dust.

James Wright, "The Undermining of the Defense Economy"

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-24 10:44:06 |只看该作者

[REBORN FROM THE ASHES][comment][12.23]&[12.24]

本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-24 16:10 编辑

shopfloor   sanguine  mediocre  tenure lacklustre public-sectorpay bandits start off   hedge fundmanager   crunch  in the first place bail out  bonuse galore thrash out exacerbate scapegoat  arm's-length markets  crony decile  bust  post-melt down  subprime dominoes topple avalanche metric ground zero  toobject  morale

1  The debate about executive pay, though never cool,is particularly hot at the moment.
2  The second measure replaces expected stock option values with values actually realized and realised pay measures what CEOs walk away with.  是不是说股权交易变成能够直接带走的现金交易方式?
3  And the post-meltdown awards are all but guaranteed to continue to create perverse incentives that will reward management and further damage the interests of shareholders and every other participant in the economy.
4  Even as outliers, they still demonstrate the failure of the system to ensure a vigorous, arm's-length system for determining pay and the inability of the system to require an effective incentive programme with a genuine downside as well as an upside. downside, upside 什么意思?
Leaving the passage i have read behind, what really impressed me is that both sides seems so reasonable. However, with deeper perception, we can know none of them are flawless.
From the proposer way, it is obvious that the over concentration on CEO salary seems dispensable and interferential. To testify his opinion, kplan gave us two thesis. First, are the ceo really overpaid? From this point, he tried to offer us a particular, embedded, extensive demonstration. Basing on the illustration and examples, no one can gainsay the truth that the salary has declined, indeed, we need to button down the comparison between the statistics is really comparable or reliable, in other words, i also deem that the salary in the 1998 is also overestimated, as the economy is booming up at that moment. Another one is that if the CEO get performance related paid. Since another hot issue to bust have come out before spectators, to dissolve this qualm, author cites some typical models, however, it is so specific to some extent that can not explain the common syndrome. In stead, we agreed that it did exist in some high efficent and effective company, whereas the most left are not.

Turn around with another direction, we also can oberseve the deficiency. It has too many bits and pieces and you can not elicit your conclusion by the several examples. The more narrow spectrum in your essay, the less plaudit you gain form the readers.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-24 21:33:17 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-24 21:37 编辑

Isn't this a disgrace?(连续两篇看到这个表达法!disgrace!)
Strikingly(连接词用得好), relative CEOpay is a half of what it was in 2001, a huge decline.
restricted stock限制性股票指上市公司按照预先确定的条件授予激励对象一定数量的本公司股票,激励对象只有在工作年限或业绩目标符合股权激励计划规定条件的,才可出售限制性股票并从中获益
Compensation报酬
radioactive(碰不得的,有害的)
ground zero归零地,起点
demotivate打消积极性
scape goats.替罪羊
stock option
优先认股权
hedge fund manager对冲基金经理
credit crunch 信贷紧缩
bandit强盗
moderator 调解人
shopfloor level 车间级,这里指生产一线的员工(shopfloor workers)
out of pocket 赔钱

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-25 09:26:01 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-25 09:43 编辑

正如德国历史上的“铁血首相”俾斯麦所言:“制定法律就像生产香肠一样。你并不真想看到这些程序。”美国医改也是如此,过程或许并不好看,但毕竟是作为民主程序下诞生的法律,它将创造历史。
"Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made."[41] 维基百科
"Politics is the art of the possible."

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-25 12:39:30 |只看该作者

[REBORN FROM THE ASHES][comment][12.25]

本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-25 15:54 编辑

prop up 支撑支持  the rank and file普通士兵们 老百姓 Incentive compensation奖金 cash in 兑现 收到货款  refute驳倒 反驳 oxymoron矛盾修饰法 rattle his sabre 以战争恐吓 clamp down on  施压于。。。 uncoupled 分解分开  Treasury Department 财政部 phony假冒的 disastrous损失惨重的 悲伤的  corporate jet 公司商务机,公司为商务旅行而购买的专用机型  
1  But I wonder how far this is driven by emotion rather than a reasoned assessment of the evidence. 怎么感觉翻译出来的前后意思不对?
是不是说  我怀疑这个数据到底有多少是一时冲动而不是合理的数据推论而写出来的?
2  Mr Kaplan's best chance of turning the voting around is to demonstrate that outstanding bosses can boost the performance of the organisations that they head, not only earning their pay but also benefitting workers, shareholders and consumers.
3 And the data, that is the pay at a broad sample of financial companies, simply do not support her conclusion. Ironically, neither do her two anecdotes. 什么意思?
4  Instead, the crisis was caused by loose monetary policy, a global capital glut, over-high leverage at investment banks, mandates from Congress to provide mortgages to people who could not afford them, flawed ratings from the rating agencies and poor incentives at mortgage origination (not the CEO) level.
5 Once again, Wall Street is all about capitalism when it comes to the upside, but all about socialism when itcomes to the downside, that is, from each, according to his ability, to each, whatever he can get away with. 这句话什么意思呀?
6  But his $53mretirement package does not feel like pay for performance to me.

From the later comment on two opposite opinions, we can clearly got the overall deeper insight of the financial crisis and the exeutive pay issue. And i have to admit the comprehensive explanation and quotation really convicing me to believe that we should keep neutral attitude before we set out to probe and pry.

We can get the first claimation that the finnancial crisis including subprime crisis has nothing to do with executive overpayment. Ironically, the victom maybe also the arch-criminal. The inducement for crisis comes from loose monetary policy, a global capital glut, over-high leverage at investment banks, mandates from Congress to provide mortgages to people who could not afford them, flawed ratings from the rating agencies and poor incentives at mortgage origination (not the CEO) level.

As every coin has two sides, we can comprehend some big guns deserve what they earn whereas others not. From the point, we can totally understand populace's outrage about the exeutive salary without reflecting market based assessment of performence.

To rebut the other one, authore let us know that he also question the validity of the survey figures. And this irrelevant statistics which does not have any relationship with pay, performence or unity of CEO with shareholders just vague the audiences opinion. Exepting the upside argument, it is also doubtful if they are really paid for performance. Were i walking out of the door with a boatloads of money, i would say i like to be fired everyday.

Coming to the last, but not the end of the debate, we can know we still have a long way to go to reform our deficient system.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-27 15:31:43 |只看该作者

[REBORN FROM THE ASHES][comment][12.26]

本帖最后由 tequilawine 于 2009-12-27 15:55 编辑

Correspondent
keep abreast of
保持与。。。并列 了解。。。的最新情况
debug
排除故障
flout
藐视轻视
heaven forbid
但愿不会如此!千万不要这样! Scrap paper便条纸

Consolation
crackable
have an aversion to
讨厌 不喜欢 jumbled混乱的乱七八糟的

interspersed with用什么点缀着
resort to
诉诸于 采取
all and sundry adv
全部
  Apart from脱离,除此之外
the sort of
那种
indulge in
任凭自己沉溺于。。。
as a matter of course
自然,通常 upper- and lower-case大小字母写盘 and the like等等

1 He considers it crucial in order to keep abreast of all the ingenious technology which, once debugged by the world’s most acquisitive consumers, will wind up in American and European shops a year or two later. 怎么翻译呀?
2 At the other extreme, when you set the encryption of a Wi-Fi link, you are usually given the choice of 64-bit or even 128-bit security. Those bit-numbers represent the entropy (or randomness) of the encryption used. A password with 64 bits of entropy is as strong as a string of data comprising 64 randomly selected binary digits. Put another way, a 64-bit password would require 2 raised to the power of 64 attempts to crack it by brute force—in short, 18 billion billion attempts. A 64-bit password was finally cracked in 2002 using brute-force methods. It took a network of volunteers nearly five years to do so. 没有看明白
3 That is because, not being able to remember long, jumbled sets of alphanumeric characters interspersed with symbols, people resort to writing them down on Post-it notes left lying around the office or home for all and sundry to see.

As we know we can never be safe, quoted from the passage, if we just use the very essential same for login and password. Ironically, most of us, even worldwide, prefer to use this sort of crackable thing.
Why does this happen? Maybe we can explain it from two points.
First, populace has a strong aversion to strong, but hard-to-remember, passwords. While can the opposite side work well? This is far from what you think. That is because, not being able to remember long, jumbled sets of alphanumeric characters interspersed with symbols, people resort to writing them down on Post-it notes left lying around the office or home for all and sundry to see.
So what is the way to protect yourself on computer?
The answer is obvious, as we all know, choosing the passwords that are strong enough to make cracking them too time consuming for thieves to bother. To strengthen it , we can do from three ways, its length, complexity and randomness. Apart from using the upper- and lower-case, we mainly focus on the third component, randomness. It is a notion of entropy, used in thermodynamics, which seems it will multiple your number and make it more complicated. And as technology advanced, we also can find some tools on line, but to be caution, you need to remember how to fix it once you delete the tool.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-22
精华
帖子

GRE梦想之帆

发表于 2009-12-27 15:54:43 |只看该作者

[REBORN FROM THE ASHES][comment][12.26]

A 52-bit password based on eight symbols selected from the standard keyboard is generally adequate(还凑活,差强人意的表达方法).
At the last count(根据有关的最新消息
overkill(小题大做)

使用道具 举报

RE: 1006G SPECTACULAR 备考日记 by tequilawine [无]--最初的梦想绝对会到达 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发