寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-12-27 22:47:24 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2009-12-27 22:48 编辑

Comments (2009-12-26):

Focusing on passwords aplenty besieging a vast majority of people, this is a wonderful passage, without many obscure professional words. I almost never come cross difficult sentences or contents, while I was reading it. And the article is also very useful for me, because, aplenty passwords always make me exhausted in work and life.

As one software engineering, password problems usually appear in my life, though I do not take care of information security or network security. A lot of regulations ask us how to create passwords, how to keep them and how to change them frequently, because those passwords are related personal authorities entrancing different platforms in corporation. That is tough thing for us. The best headache problem is we must change our all passwords every three months. In my life leaving work, passwords also disturb me usually, when enjoying the happiness of surfing website. There are too my passwords to remember them clearly.

Therefore, it is very necessary that we need to use the password manager software. I cannot imagine how I deal with those passwords without the manager software. The author also suggests us to use some software tools to simplify our works on passwords and keep our passwords safely. In sum, under the author’s advice, let us take an action to use our passwords scientifically.

Good sentences:
Indeed, the majority of online users have an understandable aversion to strong, but hard-to-remember, passwords.

Unfortunately, the easier a password is to remember, the easier it is for thieves to guess. Ironically, the opposite—the harder it is to remember, the harder it is to crack—is often far from true.

Apart from stealing passwords from Post-it notes and the like, intruders basically use one of two hacks to gain access to other people’s computers or networks.

A more popular, though less effective, way is to use commercial software tools such as “L0phtCrack” or “John the Ripper” that can be found on the internet.

Comments (2009-12-27):
As far as art is concerned, there is little knowledge in my head. Fortunately, I have read several articles and books last year. Most of these introduce jewelries and Chinese porcelain. After reading that report whose name is ”suspended animation”, I begin to realize western collectors usually pay more attention on famous paintings.

Driven by my curiosity, I find those paintings’ photos on website today. In my first glance, they are interesting and wonderful. But I cannot say how well they are painted or why they attract many people to buy them. Perhaps, the reason is that I have never seen the real paintings in gallery. Or, as the article said, some collectors, such as Mr. Mason, only want to keep high quality paintings to protect their wealth from inflation, or treat the paintings as stock and hope them more valuable in future. Like me, those dealers also know a little about art or painting.

Art is not necessary for life, but it is important for our spiritual world. They can enjoy our soul and give us special way to express ourselves. But art market is filled with numerous popular styles, for getting more profit. Sometimes realism is popular, and sometimes impressionism is popular. Almost every corner of art market has been applauded in past years. Which is the next one?

Good sentences:

WHILE the contemporary art market constantly seeks the new—new names, new imagery, new media or simply new novelty—another curious corner of the art market has remained steadfastly old-fashioned, cluttered and sentimental.

Mr Mason, who has seen recessions come and go in the 53 year he has been in the business, said afterwards: “Prices today reflect what is happening out there. People are discounting the coming inflation and buying quality. They know that inflation has always been the art dealer’s friend.”

Difficult sentences:
The taste for clutter and realism is curiously buoyant.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-12-29 23:53:17 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2009-12-29 23:54 编辑

最近比较忙啊,还要自己写作文。感觉时间比较紧,加油。

Comments (2009-12-28):
Beginning with introducing one Indian entrepreneur conference, under the global recession, author tells us the substantial process of erecting entrepreneurship in India. As same as Indian entrepreneurship, other countries entrepreneurship is influenced deeply by America. Following globalization opportunities, several Indian entrepreneur heroes are creating their commerce legends and empires. What is the characteristic of entrepreneurship? Author insists the innovation is the key element. And he also contradicts five popular myths about entrepreneurs separately. In my eyes, the discussion in this part, which is worth to learn for my writing, is wonderful. Moreover, except for convincing reasoning and fluent languages, I also agree the author's standpoint on the five myths. At last, facing the worse recession, author express his optimistic attitude about future economy, because these diligent entrepreneurs, who are global heroes, are seeking for new opportunity in recession.

Admittedly, author has enough reasons to support the economy recovery in future. But, obviously, only by those heroes effort, economy could hardly to make any improvement. Opposite the author's standpoint, I do not think there will be any heroes, when world are suffering from further recession. If we must say heroes saving the economy, I would better insist the people who always do good job on each corners of society are the global heroes. Furthermore, I must supplement author's assertion about entrepreneurial characteristics: except for innovation, one qualified entrepreneur must have trust obligation, which plays a important role in the whole capitalism system. Do not forget, without trust obligation, those investment banks, hedge fund and equity fund almost the Wall Street under the financial innovation's help.

Comments (2009-12-29):

It is an interesting article, and it is one typical GRE reading material. But, without related information and concepts, I do not understand clearly about three places. The first place is author explained how the religion enhances a group’s survival. The author’s reason is obscure for me. Another place is the relationship among metaphysical ideas, moral norms and mystical experience. The last one is the ending of article. Someone said it is ironical, but I cannot comprehend it.

Fortunately, I have caught the main idea of the author. At least, there are still some words to say in my comments. The article introduces one anti-traditional book and its author, Mr. Wade. Mr. Wade standpoints challenge my imagination indeed. Atheist as I am, I could understand the people who believe the God and respect their beliefs. Like other people who do not belong to religion, I always approve evolutionary biologists’ viewpoints on religion. Therefore, when Mr. Wade gives us one astonishing explanation, which religion enhances a group’s survival, I am interested in his reasons.

Because I do not read his book, for me, it is hard to say about Mr. Wade’s assertion. Only judged by this article’s introduce, Mr. Wade’s assertion is reasonable to some extent. Ironically, when reading the article, I usually remember the wars led by religion: Crusade, the French Religion War and Iran-Iraq War.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-12-30 23:17:27 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2009-12-31 22:23 编辑

Today, I review GRE words and discuss with GRE friends about issue and argument. Time is too short to finish the comment in day. Later, I will write comment as soon as possible, and do not leave it to tomorrow.

As an aftermath of frequent wars launched by America, terrorists, who are called like this by American, begin to attack American homeland for revenge. As the proverb always says "No pain, no gain", for America, it is "No war, no terrorism ". Certainly, I sympathize with those dead or wounded people in terrorist attacks, and unfortunately they afforded for their government's mistake. But, some people like the author of the article concerned how to improve the homeland security system than concern the reasons of terrorist attacks. Furthermore, many politicians, whatever Republicans or Democrats, seem to pay more attention on accusing each other than take other useful actions. They only remember these American people are killed and the buildings are destroyed by terrorist attacks, but they forget those millions of people are massacred and millions of housings are corrupted in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Korea, Palestine and Yugoslavia. Ironically, America, whose belief is "people are created equal", prompts those events happen.

Admittedly, except for its aggressive actions for other countries, America has relatively sound laws, regulations, and management, and American people enjoy more liberty rights and happiness life than other countries' people. This is also why America attracts numerous brilliant people to serve the country. Actually, comparing with other countries, America suffers almost little terrorist attacks. In my country, this event is merely not big deal and nobody dares to criticize government's management ability. After all, the terrorist attacks news, which often happens in Russia, India, Iraq, Afghanistan and Israel, fill with all the media. May be, American people have lived peacefully in long time, and they are scared easily by those bloody scenes. How happiness are American people! And I greatly admire them. Their powerful government provides them cheap goods, high quality education, satisfying medical treatment and reliable security system, while their country is invading other nations.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-12-31 22:23:58 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2009-12-31 22:29 编辑

Like yesterday, write comments, read the Argument and Issue topics. The process of reviewing words is slower than plan. So, put on steam, tomorrow.

Comments (2009-12-31):

It is an interesting passage. With philosophical thinking, author shows us the beauty in one scientist's eyes. If you are free and have time to read it peacefully, you would find the beauty of this essay. Recently, I am too busy to sew this delicious food. But I still feel author's happiness when he was seeking for answer, and his sensitive interior world.

There is long story about philosophy problems debate, so does beauty. In past time, myriad people, such as Socrates, Kant, and Hegel, try to explain what is beauty. Without obscure words and complicated theory, author only express his own feeling about the beauty. In his passage, instead of tracing the God hand, he seeks for beauty through trace between human souls and universe. As a brilliant arts, human, who can think and feel beauty, is created by nature. Human have few knowledge about themselves as universe. But these do not drawback us to enjoy beauty in life. In author's passage, beauty is like another magical gift given by the cosmos or God.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-29
精华
帖子

Pisces双鱼座 荣誉版主

发表于 2010-1-1 00:40:57 |只看该作者
P童鞋,Colorful Pencil?
跨年~拜访一下··新年快乐哦!!

貌似你很早考AW? 加油哦!!!
In Passion We Trust

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-1 12:12:13 |只看该作者
难道是2月底?好像有几个人是二月呢。新年一起加油吧!
横行不霸道~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-1 22:47:12 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2010-1-1 22:49 编辑

呵呵,新年快乐! 我是3月25日在广州考,赶个三月的尾巴,有点晚了。

Comments (2010-01-01):

I have heard many legends about the Arctic, but I have never seen this mysterious place. I always plan to go around the world in my life, and the Arctic may be one of steps. I am not surprised about Canada plan to explore the resource of the Arctic and strengthen his control in this place. So do Russia, America or other nearby nations. Obviously, following the increase of population and the shrink of lands, ocean resources have become precious. For the Arctic, these nations have disputed with each other for a long time.

Why the United Nations do not pass one convention, protecting the Arctic, like the Antarctic Treaty? I still confused by this question, after reading this passage. By surfing internet, I caught the answer. Actually, the Arctic belongs to the world people, not only one country or several countries. But, unlike the Antarctic surrounded by the ocean, the Arctic has five neighbors around him, which are America, Canada, Denmark, Norway and Russia. Moreover, not only does the Arctic accounts for 25 percent of the world's undiscovered oil and gas, but the Arctic also become strategic routes, following the melt of glaciers. Therefore, it is difficult to stop those powerful nations contesting for the Arctic. Until now, the Ocean Convention or Green Peace Organization cannot restrict any one of these nation to explore. Ironically, except for Russia, whose carbon-dioxide emissions in low level are resulted from recession, European Union, America and Canadian almost three biggest carbon-dioxide emissions nations, which would lead to the global warming. In other words, they are destroying the Arctic, while they are fighting with each other for the last cleaning land on the earth.

Whatever, along the political direction, America and Canada probably compromise with each other, and control the words authority about the exploration in the Arctic. At the same time, Russia cannot abandon easily for this huge cake, and they had begun to take a powerful action to protect the Arctic territory near its homeland. Denmark and Norway, by supported by European Union, definitely hope to expand their territory in this place. I cannot imagine a war will be launched by these nations for dividing this virgin ice field. Yet, attracted by these plentiful natural resources, who knows what these nations will do next?

Good sentences:

Now, the rush is on to discover the Far North, quite literally in the sense of research into atmosphere, ice and animals; and more urgently to get ready for the widening of sea lanes caused by global warming.

Canada’s belated interest in its Far North is somewhat ironic given that climate change has hit the Far North harder than any other part of the Earth, and yet Canada’s record in curbing greenhouse-gas emissions is the worst in the G8.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-2 23:00:29 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-02):

At first glance, I was attracted by the Avatar's glorious photos. Avatar recently arouses a new trend after the 2012 screened in the cinemas. By the dreamy 3-D images, Avatar easily earned 700 million dollars in 12 days. Moreover, a vast majority people are waiting for its showing in China, as they anticipated the Terminator Salvation, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, 2012 or Twilight. Obviously, comparing with the Godfather (1972), Forrest Gump (1994) or The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Avatar is not counted as one fascinating story. Of course, the audiences who enter the cinema also do not expect it will be great science fiction film. Accurately, wonderful images, dazzling technology, tight scenarios, and exotic creatures make Avatar more similar Visual Reality than one charming film.

Because Avatar does not publish in China, later, I only see its preview on the internet. At last, I begin to read this passage. Instead of captivated by Avatar, this passage pull me back to the history of movies and give me a nice jump-off point to revisit my experience of them. As a movie fans, I have seen numerous films from video tapes to DVDs. But I rarely notice which is digital movie, which is old-fashioned movie. Reminded by the author's comments, I realize movies have changed a lot in past decade and digital techniques have brought us into new movies' era. With the development of science and technology, directors can really make unimaginable images in the films, which are hardly discriminated by human eyes. Today, people could enjoy the fresh experience brought by the digital movies, and see the animation characters completely melt into the real world in the movies. People could make any images, only you can imagine. I very appreciate the last sentence of the passage, "movies will allow us to choose not just the hero's journey through the story, but also our own". Movie makers have open a new gate of digital experience.

Good sentences:
Yet, unless a director or distributor calls attention to the technologies used — as do techno-fetishists like Michael Mann and David Fincher, who used bleeding-edge digital cameras to make “Collateral” (2004) and “Zodiac” (2007) — it’s also probable that most reviewers won’t mention if a movie was even shot in digital, because they haven’t noticed or don’t care.

Perched between film and digital, “Avatar” shows us a future in which movies will invite us further into them and perhaps even allow us to choose not just the hero’s journey through the story, but also our own.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-3 23:48:22 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-03):

Beginning with one Confucius proverb, Mr.Zhou provides a confused problem for us. Then Mr.Zhou deals with this dilemma in his own way. He thinks people should concern their own disposition, instead of "righteousness" and "gain". This passage is filled with wisdom words and philosophical ideas. Especially, the last sentence he had said, " I just want to express a belief: there is a life more worth living than the one haunted by righteousness and gain. And, this belief will help me sail through the unpredictable waters of my future life.", gives me a peaceful and comfortable mood to face the complicated society. Although it is difficult to keep this belief, when we are facing this commercial society, and he does not tell us how to hold on this belief, he gives us a direction to find ourselves and not lost in "righteousness" and "gain".

People have different comprehension to the "righteousness" and "gain". For a long time, I have never thought about these. Perhaps, I have been lost in this busy world, and sometimes, I can hardly stop to think quietly "Who am I?","Where I will go". Like author's statements, seeking material gain has become a golden rule for all, who contain me. In my eyes, I have never considered "righteousness" and "gain" are two contradict concepts. Each person could gain well with righteousness, and there are many examples to support my view. Limited with the passage length, I do not introduce them in detail. Here, I only want to say, beyond these two things, a vast majority things are waiting for us, and I need steer my ship with hope.

Good sentences:
It is believed that the philosophy of life has changed and a new interpretation of righteousness and gain looms large: seeking material gains is not the exclusive patent of the mean, but a golden rule for all.

It is believed that the philosophy of life has changed and a new interpretation of righteousness and gain looms large: seeking material gains is not the exclusive patent of the mean, but a golden rule for all.

I just want to express a belief: there is a life more worth living than the one haunted by righteousness and gain. And, this belief will help me sail through the unpredictable waters of my future life.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-5 00:03:20 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-04):
Frankly, Philosophy is one of my favorite subjects. Until now, I still remember my first philosophy class contents, philosophy as "loving wisdom". Later, I fall in love with philosophy thoroughly, after I have attended one philosophy lecture given by one famous professor, the author of Introduction of Philosophy, whose name is Sun Zheng Yu. Of course, professor Sun's excellent lecture only guide me arrive the gate of philosophy palace, and the magic power of philosophy attract me explore the great palace. Floating in the philosophy world, I can think peacefully, find one indescribable consolation for my soul and feel unprecedented pleasure. Especially, when many confused concepts or answers of puzzles become clear in my mind, I experience huge enjoyment brought by achievement. As philosophy brings us the happiness, it also gives me pain. As you know, obsessed by obscure problems or disordered/jumbled logic, people always feel sad and despair. Accurately, although I just access the philosophy world, I think philosophy show me a world of pain with pleasure.

Far from the passage topic, I talk about many philosophy things in eyes. Let us start to look at this passage. Boethius is famous Christian philosopher in history, so does his book named after ”The Consolation of Philosophy”. In this passage, the author discusses "eternal" and "perpetual" two concepts in his eyes, which are different from the other philosophers such as Plato. For knowing this passage clearly, please notice the author's tow assumption, which are absolutely right in his perspective. The first one is "things are known not according to their natures but according to the nature of the one who is comprehending them"; the other is "whatever providence may have foreseen". If you confused with author's passage, it would not matter. After all, this is one philosophy book talking about many religion things.

Good sentences:
What may properly be called eternal is quite different, in that it has knowledge of the whole of life, can see the future, and has lost nothing of the past. 句子结构丰富,尤其in that的用法值得学习。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-6 10:02:01 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-05):
With economic crisis spreading the world, numerous articles, talking about business school how to face the hard times, appear in media. I have seen some articles with same topic in Wall Street. In this article, the journalist asks several good questions to two deans of business school. He more concerns what the business school will change in future. Two deans give us complete answers, which are interesting for me.

Comparing with Mr.Danos's response, Mr.Ozono admits the existent deficiency of business school education, and tells us his plan to improve. Though Mr.Ozono shows us little detail about his plan, he answers the sharp question candidly. Mr. Danos looks like more tactful when he faces these questions. But he still tells the truth. Indeed, after economic crisis attack, nothing has changed in government and financial institutions, which is accused for leading to this crisis. I can understand his position. After all, when he begins to criticize the government, he needs to be careful. Although both them mention the recovery of golden rules many times, actually I feel both them will be impeded forcefully for their reforms. Especially, following the economic crisis is going away, as some experts have said, the resistance is becoming huge.

Good sentences:
Not only must they be solid in terms of their research skills and teaching skills, they should also be able to interface with the top management.

Now that sounds esoteric, but it's really practical.

Wrong spelling:
business   bussiness  
school     school
journalist  journalist
admit     addmit
deficiency  deiciency

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-7 10:39:03 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-06):

The first passage introduces astronomy, and it is the shortest passage I have read, in our comments task. Although the passage only about five hundred words like one issue writing length, it  still obscure me due to my little knowledge of astronomy. After I have found a scientific dictionary, finally, I catch the substantial meaning of "transit" and "wobble".

Actually, people can know this passage well without astronomy knowledge. The author clearly express his idea, which is Kepler, basing on the new theory using "transit", work more efficient than ever for planet hunting.

There is another funny thing when I read this passage. In dictionary, the Chinese explanation of Vulcan has similar meaning with Mars. When the passage introduces Vulcan, I was confused, because I always thought about Mars in my mind. Therefore, when you read, please be careful. The Vulcan is "the Roman god of fire and metalworking "; the Mars is "the Roman god of war" or "the planet fourth in order from the sun and conspicuous for its red color".

Good sentences:
One theory is that they are youngsters, giving off heat as they collapse inwards due to the pull of their own gravity, but nobody knows for sure.

Wrong spelling:
scientific   sentific

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-8 11:18:26 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-1-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-8 11:27:15 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-8 23:01:09 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2010-1-8 23:02 编辑

Comments (2010-01-07):

Literature rarely appears in my lives, except few stories. As I remembered, I have read only several O.Henry's short stories. Moreover, commented by this passage, the literary works' thesis is marital ambivalence, which is also obscure to me. Thus, this passage is much harder to me. Finally, at the second time of reading, I catch author's main idea.  

In this passage, author comments two popular literary works, whose name are "Committed" written by Elizabeth Gilbert and "Cleaving" written by Julie Powell, recently. For the styles, languages, and even detail plots of two stories, author discusses them step by step. Meanwhile, the author also criticizes both writers' works, and shows us some deficiencies of them. Without reading these stories, I cannot figure out some parts of passage he has said, especially, when author introduces something about stories' contents. In conclusion, I have little words to share with you for this passage or these books. In future, I also do not have a plan to read these books.

Good sentences:
Just as she was sentenced to marrying, she was sentenced to sequel writing.

Difficult sentences:
Elizabeth Gilbert does these reluctant wives one better. The author of Eat, Pray, Love returns with Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage (Viking; 285 pages), in which she is a vehemently wary second-time bride, due to be dragged down the aisle by Uncle Sam's immigration henchmen, who will otherwise toss her beloved, Brazilian-born "Felipe," as she calls the older man she met in the last section of EPL(这里应该指的是Eat, Pray, Love), out of the U.S. for good.

这段不是明白。

使用道具 举报

RE: 1006G prettywraith备考日记——胜利在于坚持 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子