注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-9 22:49:21 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2010-1-9 22:51 编辑

今天复习了单词。准备10篇Argument的提纲。感觉效率比较低,看来以后中午要睡会才行。(⊙o⊙)嗯

Comments (2010-01-08):
Finishing this long passage is not easy work for me. Finally, with some questions, I have read the whole passage. Mr.Poral, the author, asserts the politics would corrupt the society without morality. In his eyes, Christian morality may be one perfect choice to save the fallen politics. In his passage, he shows us a lot of evidence and examples to prove his standpoint.

I acknowledge that, as one ideal political view, his perspective is correct. But he does not tell us the standards of morality. Is it the Christian morality? People living in different nations have various standards about morality. First of all, Mr. Poral should give us a definition of the "morality" he have discussed, and if his definition adapt to every nations' people. He could have done this work in other part in the book. After all, I only have read the selected part (or excerpt) of the book. Even if author has described "morality" clearly, I also do not believe that his conclusion could be accepted by the ruler or society nowadays. In other words, Mr. Poral's assertion is not practical for the ancient or contemporary politics, and it may be very useful in future.

There are so many good sentences deserving to remember, and I do not show them in there. If I am free later, I would read it again.

Wrong spelling:
describe  Descripe
governor  Governer
nowadays Nowdays
practical  pratical

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-10 22:49:56 |只看该作者
今天主要是准备了issue136的提纲和相关例子,不好弄啊。 Argument继续列提纲。此外复习了一些单词和句型。 晚上今天的comment才出来,看了两眼,太困了,明天吧。明天去看Avatar,不知道啥样啊,回来分享一下。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-11 11:07:42 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-11 23:52:43 |只看该作者
今天主要准备了10 Argument继续列提纲。此外复习了一些单词。 因为陪女朋友去看Avatar所以没顾得上写comment,明天补上啊。另外补充一下,感觉自己真不适合看3d电影,看完以后又累有困,还头晕。汗。。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-12 23:29:46 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2010-1-14 23:19 编辑

Comments (2010-01-12):

This article let me remember one recently popular movie "The Lovely Bones", which begins with a similar plot with this article. I have little words about America's sex laws, because these things are seldom discussed in China nowadays. But, today, it is urgent to perfect the country laws punished and prohibited the sex offence in our country. In this aspect, compared with America, China falls behind for a long time. Only for heterosexual offence, today, China still does not set up complete laws system to protect the victims and punish the criminals. Children are the vulnerable group in society, and government should take more effective laws to protect them. Just as the author has said "Other countries, though, have no excuse for committing the same error", by studying the America's experience like this article's suggestions, I hope government will do a better job to protect the next generation.

Wrong spelling:
society  scoiety

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-13 23:33:31 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2010-1-14 23:21 编辑

Today, my reviewing plan has been distrubed by some unexpected things. There is no excuse for me. Only need to make me and my plan more robust!

I have finished 10 argument oulines; I am writing the comments now.

Comments (2010-01-13):
I am astonished about the article is written in 1952, and some information, which author had talked with, has become history. But questioning the purpose of education and the whole foundation of education are still meaningful nowadays, especially in China. I agree with most of author's statements, and they are very useful for reforming the contemporary education. But I do not concede "learn one technique" is not the education's nature. From my perspective, different level education or different character education has different target. For instance, generally, the purposes of high education are specialized in individual thinking, creativity, and acknowledging yourself. But the technical vocational college more emphasize on practical knowledge or techniques. Moreover, if someone wants to seek a good life through education, I do not think that is abnormal, though "good life" is not the education's purpose.

Wrong spelling:
practical    pratcial

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-14 11:21:47 |只看该作者

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-14 20:34:16 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-14):
The news, which Google may abandon their operations in China, appears in all media recently. As a user of Google's products, I am very sad for this event. As a matter of fact, Google search is the most powerful tool that I have ever known, and it is more effective than Baidu, his biggest competitor in China. And his other products are also brilliant, such as Gmail, Google earth, Picasa, Google Times and so on. I have never thought how can I surf internet conveniently without Google. The first trouble is how can I send e-mails without Gmail. Using other free mail-boxes like 163 may be one choice, but these mail-boxes are always unstable and usually trouble me.

As his wonderful products, Google is one charming employer for every employee. His corporate culture and human interests in work place often make employee forget to concern their salaries Google will pay. For other aspects, I do not know clearly, and these are too sensitive to say in mainland. Whatever who is right or is wrong, that is meaningless for me. I only want to say thank Google's superior services.

Wrong spelling:
mail-boxes     mail-boxs
conveniently   conviniently
appear           apear
corporation    coporation

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-15 18:04:50 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-15):
About women's rights is an old topic having been debated intensely in the past decades. Until now, at least in American, feminists have possessed powerful influence in American politics. In this passage, author mainly discusses the problem "women and work" facing by women with babies. With the raising of women's social status, author reveals women still have trouble with how to choose between children and careers. At last, through referring the Scandinavian countries' experience, author suggests American government should set up more charter schools and invest more in children.

From my perspective, women have made dramatic progress in recent decades. But this situation only happens in American or developed country. In Arab countries, Japan, some southern European countries, and even in China, women's legitimate rights are always ignored. For instance, in China, the age of women's retirement is 50, and the age of men's retirement is 55. Furthermore, when many companies hire employees, they usually refuse the job hunters who are women with all kinds of excuses. These phenomena are caused by not only the national policies, but also traditional culture. Certainly, women sometimes should struggle for their legal rights by themselves. Comparing with these unfair laws or policies about women's rights, "women and work" problem should be concerned later. Moreover, in America, for the woman who has husband, the burden of taking care of babies can be shared with her husband, and for the woman in a single parent family, she can also seek for helps from government or the Organization of Women's Rights.

Wrong spelling:
discuss  disccuss
referring  refering
school   shcools

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-16 23:24:54 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2010-1-17 10:00 编辑

Comments (2010-01-16,17):

There is no country like the United States, which could invade other counties for oil or other benefits under the flag of democracy or anti-terrorism. As a global police officer, the United States once again puts his gun aim at another country's head. This debate only concerns if it is necessary to take a military action. Both proposer and objector do not consider if their past political strategies in the Middle East was just. From my perspective, most American politicians believe that they have caught their satisfactory benefits and maintained an ideal balance in there, and American people believe that they have gotten their expected justice which is judged by their own values. As a matter of fact, American government has fomented the terrorism fighting for them over the long term. Moreover, one of results of the war is the high financial deficit, which will be solved by raising the taxes. In other words, American people pay for military expenditure of the invasion. Besides the unrest Middle East and continuous terrorist attacks, American people also make the weapon suppliers rich, and help the government get the cheaper oil, which is may be gotten in other ways. But, for American people themselves, I do not imagine what are the benefits of the war bring to them.

For Iran nuclear crisis, both arguers express their views clearly. Standing on the position as an American politician, I uphold the Mr. Wald's assertion. I have explained the reasons in above paragraph. And in my eyes, the war like Iraq War, almost nobody gets the benefits except for politicians and munitions merchants. Standing on the position as an American citizen, I prefer to Ms. Landau's remarks. The main reasons are peace has become main stream of world in the nuclear weapon era, and "a negotiated settlement has the best prospect of improving regional conditions over the long term". Furthermore, why American citizens will pay for another war unrelated their own benefits. Ironically, Mr. Wald also admits "Whether a new regime would be friendly towards the West is questionable and I fear that they certainly will not be nuclear-adverse". In other words, even if the current regime will be overthrown, the new regime still does not give up the nuclear program. If the America’s military action will solve this problem forever? I do not think so.

Wrong spelling:
military     millitary
value       vlaue
political       polictical
themselves   themslves

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-17 23:04:21 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2010-1-18 11:57 编辑

This comment is the homework of 1.10 and 1.11. I have finished it today.

Comments (2010-01-10,11):

The essay is my favorite type, though several sentences in passage are confused for me. This essay also has many rhetorical descriptions and coherent reasoning worthy of learning. Certainly, contents are also very useful for our working in company.

Firstly, author shows us the difference between risk and uncertainty. If the author does mention these, people would never notice their distinction. Author, thus, asks them "nuanced distinction". Actually, the definition and distinction have been introduced clearly in the essay. Precisely speaking, risk is randomness with knowable probabilities, and uncertainty is randomness where we cannot know the probabilities (I paraphrase author's definitions of risk and uncertainty). To illustrate in a further step, author gives us a concrete example by comparing the Warren Buffett with the company managers. Then, author analyzes the uncertainty in company management and provides three steps to decrease the damage of uncertainty, including strategic anticipation, organizational agility and uncertainty absorption. In each step, author illustrates them with typical cases.

The author's assertion may not be absolute truth. But it is very useful for me. It introduces an uncertainty world to me, and teaches me how to survive in this world. Not only do his strategies adapt to business field, but also they can be applies in the daily life. Moreover, I believe that, with the increasing of practical business experience, these strategies and tactics will become vivid for me.

Wrong spelling:

probabilities
paraphrase
analyze
practical

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-18 10:53:52 |只看该作者

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-18 19:03:00 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-18):
At first glance, the essay looks like incoherent complaints. As a matter of fact, as one powerful support for his assertion, author mainly states the committee's report, which is persuaded argument. Author expresses his assertion clearly, which is "break through the wall of ignorance about religion and to increase the number of contacts with it", and gives his reasons. Whether the political appeal is effective or not, this topic is still filled with controversy. I do not know what concrete situation of American related laws or policies for religion. Thus, it is hard to say if the author's viewpoint is right or not. But from the information he has provided with us, government seems to prohibit Bible reading in school or insist that only the Protestant Bible be read. I do not know the reason why American government does like this. Perhaps government wants to protect students with little influence before they are able to choose their belief independently.

From my perspective, though I am not one religionist or believer, I respect other people religious belief and I am always curious about religion's doctrine and history. It is an interesting thing to find the reason why the religion can attract numerous people to believe it. Although I sympathize with author's complaint, "ignorance about religion", I feel that schools are not proper places to increase the number of contacts with religion. After all, there are many other ways to let people know religion, except schools education.

Wrong spelling:
incoherent  uncoherent
committee  committe
political    polictical
know     konw

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-19 23:23:52 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 prettywraith 于 2010-1-21 21:17 编辑

Today, except reciting English words, I listen one English writing lesson of new oriental school teacher. His suggestion is useful for me.  In the night, I spend part of time in prparing the article of comment activity, writing a report and having a team meeting.

And today's comment topic is hard to me.  I hardly understand it in first time.  Later I will read it again, and writing comments.

Comments (2010-01-19):
For me, this article related with art is too artistic to understand. As the author is so bored with the NEA, I am also bored with this essay. But, at last, I still figure out this essay clearly in the second read. Then, referring the Pluka's comments, I have found numerous useful information for me. Certainly, this is one excellent essay with novel views.

Author reveals the NEA's deficiencies in his passage, and points out the real art should present freely. In author's eyes, he admits NEA has devoted much effort to America's culture and art in 1960s. In that time, American artists had produced more achievements on the art than any other civilization in the history of the world. But, with more government's intervention, NEA begins to fund more traditional art, such as bilingual puppetry epics, while ignores the origin of art, which is the folk art, and even the art of the underprivileged people. Author's argument is so powerful that I have to concede the real art is suffering troubles from the NEA. And I uphold author's assertion that everyone has his/her own rights to present his favorite art literally, and the real art usually comes from this people's art.

Wrong Spelling

underprivileged
underpriviledged

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-20 17:47:31 |只看该作者
Comments (2010-01-20):
It is not an easy thing to choose one article, which is about 1000 words, related with GRE writing and proper difficult level, as today's reading material. Comparing several articles, I choose this new technology essay in science field. At least, it is an interesting one for our tension mind.

At the beginning of the essay, author introduces the basic theory of using light and genes to probe the brain. Next, he shows us the progress of research. At last, he describes the application field of this invention. From this essay, one substantial creative technique has been presented. I have to say those scientists do a creative job, which nearly cross the limit of my imagination. Their achievements advance the development of optogenetics, while accelerates other filed progress, such mental disorders, optoelectronics and bioengineering. After reading this science introduction, I have begun to imagine the scene, optogenetic control of human behavior, in few years later.

Good sentences:
I’m not writing ethics papers, but I think about these issues every day, what it might mean to gain understanding and control over what is a desire, what is a need, what is hope.

Wrong Spelling:
science        sicence
achievement   achivement

使用道具 举报

RE: 1006G prettywraith备考日记——胜利在于坚持 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华