使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-10 10:16:45 |只看该作者
Team projects: each member receives the same grade by their team’s performance. Do you think it is a good way to evaluate.

Because of the complexity of affairs resulting from the development of science and technology, the importance of a person's ability to communicate and collaborate with each other becomes manifest. In this circumstance, team work plays a crucial role in the modern society. When it comes to the university, it is the same. Hence, here comes to the controversial issue whether each member of a team should be evaluated equally according to the team's performance. A group of people agree with this view for they argue that same grade can lead members to cooperate with each other. In my perspective, however, students should not receive the same grade on by their team's performance. And my specific reasons are as follows.

To begin with, it is not an impartial way to evaluate a student's work. Admittedly, team works are accomplished by all members in a team, yet their contributions to the team projects vary for the team members' abilities, time and energy plunged into projects are different. Therefore it is bias to give students the same grades. Conversely, students should receive various grades according to what they have done; otherwise, team members will have no enthusiasm to finish projects. Actually the drawbacks of this kind of evaluation manifest. On one hand, students will lose their interest and responsibility to team works because different efforts come out the same result; on the other hand, possible is it that team members will envy or even be disgusted at each other for the unfair evaluation, which leads the team to perish. In this manner, it undermines the advantages of team projects, that people can accomplish tough tasks in cooperation. What is more, hardly can those excellent students have opportunities to be distinctive in the team project. And since team work or projects play an important role in a university to evaluate a student's ability, the policy of same grade would have a passive impact on students who intend to work hard. As a result, I cannot be convinced by the contention that each member of a team should receive the same grade.

Furthermore, if members are evaluated variously by their contribution to the team's performance, a team will benefit more. It is true that cooperation is the core spirit of a team, however I would argue that appropriate competition could be a booster. If cooperation is the main stuff of a course, then the small competition is like the seasoning, which makes the course more delicious. For those who are evaluated highly, they are encouraged to make further progress for their efforts and achievement get admitted; while for those who received relatively lower remarks, they would be propelled to devote more the team project. Therefore, as Adam Smith stated that "If each person pursues his own interests, as in a laissez-faire economy, the welfare of all will be fostered", I would say that the performance of a team would be enhanced by spurred team members. In this case, I strongly recommend that each member should receive different grades based on their contribution to the team project.

In conclusion, it makes more sense for each member to receive various grades in accordance with their contribution to the team's performance. For one thing, it is fairer for each member in a team; for the other thing, members of a team will be encouraged to make efforts on the team's project.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-10 13:57:16 |只看该作者
Because of the complexity of affairs resulting from the developmentof science and technology, the importance of a person's ability to communicateand collaborate with each other becomes manifest. In this circumstance, teamwork plays a crucial role in the modern society. When it comes to theuniversity, it is the same. Hence, here comes to the controversial issuewhether each member of a team should be evaluated equally according to theteam's performance. A group of people agree with this view for they argue thatsame grade can lead members to cooperate with each other. In my perspective,however, students should not receive the same grade on by their team'sperformance. And my specific reasons are as follows.
To begin with, it is not an impartialway to evaluate a student's work. Admittedly, team works are accomplished byall members in a team, yet their contributions to the team projects vary for(from) the teammembers' abilities, time and energy plunged into projects are different(这个句子读起来有点奇怪~我能明白你的意思,但还是把 are different去掉吧).Therefore it is bias to give students the same grades. Conversely, studentsshould receive various(reasonable) grades according to what they have done; otherwise, teammembers will have no enthusiasm to finish projects. Actually the drawbacks ofthis kind of evaluation manifest(areobviously 前面用过manifest). On one hand, students will lose their interest andresponsibility to team works because different efforts come out the sameresult; on the other hand, possible is it that team members will envy or evenbe disgusted(这边不应该用被动吧?用被动至少后面也应该有个by) at eachother for the unfair evaluation, which leads the team to perish. In thismanner, it undermines the advantages of team projects, that people canaccomplish tough tasks in cooperation. What is more, hardly can those excellentstudents have opportunities to be distinctive in the team project. And sinceteam work or projects play an important role in a university to evaluate astudent's ability, the policy of same grade would have a passive impact onstudents who intend to work hard. As a result, I cannot be convinced by thecontention that each member of a team should receive the same grade.
Furthermore, if members are evaluatedvariously by their contribution to the team's performance, a team will benefitmore. It is true that cooperation is the core spirit of a team, however I wouldargue that appropriate competition could be a booster. If cooperation is the mainstuff of a course, then the small competition is like the seasoning, whichmakes the course more delicious. For those who are evaluated highly, they areencouraged to make further progress for their efforts and achievement getadmitted; while for those who received relatively lower(low,前面有relatively)remarks, they would be propelled to devote more the team project. Therefore, asAdam Smith stated that "If each person pursues his own interests, as in alaissez-faire economy, the welfare of all will be fostered", I would saythat the performance of a team would be enhanced by spurred team members. Inthis case, I strongly recommend that each member should receive differentgrades based on their contribution to the team project.
: ?' {4 H) E6 c9 l8 `" H% M
In conclusion, it makes more sensefor each member to receive various grades in accordance with their contributionto the team's performance. For one thing, it is fairer for each member in ateam; for the other thing, members of a team will be encouraged to make effortson the team's project.
整篇文章没什么错啊,句子多样性也很好的体现了,就是想问一下时间能控制在30分钟之内吗?感觉结构上头比较大,可以去掉一些啰嗦的话,精简一下语句~有说的不对的地方请见谅啊~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-10 13:59:21 |只看该作者
终于可以传附件了,直接看附件吧~
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-4-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-10 14:08:46 |只看该作者
HAONAN

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-4-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-10 15:40:33 |只看该作者
修改by 暧暧

不许急功近利!不许偷懒!不许丧气!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-10 18:15:39 |只看该作者
回一下你的问题:我写的作文中有些直接照搬新概念4上面的短语的,比如说take leave to doubt,意思是对……持怀疑态度,冒昧地质疑。其实我也不知道这样做好不好,毕竟是直接套用新概念的句式……

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-11 10:59:29 |只看该作者

Many teachers prefer to assign homework to students everyday because they think more endeavor usually leads to better achievement. A group of people really daily homework is necessary for they maintain the belief that practice makes perfect. However, in my perspective, I could not support this contention and my reasons are as follows.

To begin with, daily homework is not an essential factor that effects on a student's grades. The aim of homework is to help students review knowledge that have been learnt and remember what teachers impart in the class. In this manner, if students remember knowledge of one subject, or even master the class, it makes no sense to compel students to do homework daily. Actually considering the variety of students' ability to learn, teachers should give students opportunities to plan how much homework they should do in a week or in a month, depending on the extent to which they have learnt in class. I will illustrate this point by my example. In my university, we only have two mathematic classes in a week, so it is enough for students to remember the knowledge this week only if teachers assign homework twice a week. Convinced with my own experience, I am not supportive of the idea that teachers should assign homework to students every day.

Secondly, if students do homework every day, their schedules will be destroyed. Students have different plans according to their various hobbies, abilities and skills. Some students need time to practice piano daily. Others may prefer to read books to improve their reading ability. It is also necessary for a group of students to spend time and energy on their research area. Still, many people need time to relax and to stay with their families. In addition, some students even have to work to earn their livings and tuition fees. Because of the different requirement of students, it is unnecessary for teachers to assign homework every day.

In sum, due to the different abilities and requirements of students, teachers should not assign homework. For one thing, assigning more homework could not help students to improve their study; for the other thing, it prohibits students from allocating their own time. Therefore, it is not acceptable for teachers to assign homework every day.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-11 22:52:02 |只看该作者

People can benefit more from traveling in their own country than traveling to foreign countries.

There are many merits of travels. People can learn various cultures on travels; and it is also an effective method for people to relax after long term work and study; still on travels, people can make some friends with different background. And all of these make a person's life happy. Thus, many people are fond of travel as favorite entertainment in the vacation. Nevertheless, here comes the controversial issue whether people can benefits more from a domestic travel or that to foreign countries. A group of people prefer to travel abroad, for people would have opportunities to experience a different way of life. In my perspective, however, I am supportive of the idea that people could benefit more by traveling domestically and my specific reasons are as follows.

To begin with, visitors can enjoy a more ease journey if they travel in their own countries. Admittedly, it is true that denizens can learn a variety of different cultures and lead a different life on the travels to a foreign country, yet we can never neglect the aim of travels. Rarely can we deny the fact that in most cases releasing pressure from life is the primary goal for people to plan a travel. By enjoying beautiful natural sceneries or having a rest in the sunshine of a beach, people can refresh and keep in a happy mood to handle challenges from work and study in the future. Nonetheless, drawbacks of travels abroad will undermine these benefits. Because visitors would be exhausted after a long journey; and possibly such differences of living habits as foods and climate would have a passive impact on travelers' physical conditions; what is worse, it takes people a lot of time to recover from time lag. Hence, from the aspect of relax, I would choose to travel in my own country rather than to a foreign one.

Furthermore, background information and cultural variety in one's own country play more important roles to a person's life and work. It is true that by traveling both domestically and abroad, people can learn different cultures respectively, yet the knowledge concerning different regions in one’s native country are more beneficial to denizens. I will illustrate my point from two aspects. On one hand, a majority of people have rare opportunities to work outside compared with those to work in the native country. And as a result it is more practical for those people to adjust to the differences of climates and living habits in different regions of the same country. While on the other hand, it is difficult to learn a different culture especially without relative background information on foreign countries. In this manner, hardly can travelers understand the culture and other knowledge of a foreign country only by several travels. Conversely, it becomes easier when it comes to one’s own country. Convinced by the reasons above, I agree to travel in my own country to gain useful knowledge.

In sum, because of the aim of travel and difficulties to learn foreign countries in a short time, if I make a decision, I would agree with the view that people can benefit more from traveling in their own country than traveling to foreign countries.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-20
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-11 23:29:53 |只看该作者
39# ly8768
There are many merits of travels. People can learn variouscultures onfrom会不会好些)travels; and it isalso an effective method for people to relax after long term work and study;still on travels, people can make some friends with different background. And allof these make a person's life happy. Thus, many people are fond of travel asfavorite entertainment in the vacation. Nevertheless, here comes thecontroversial issue whether people can benefits more from a domestic travel orthat to foreign countries. A group of people prefer to travel abroad, forpeople would have opportunities to experience a different way of life. In myperspective, however, I am supportive of the idea that people could benefitmore by traveling domestically and my specific reasons are as follows.
9 h/ _+ e, H" Y  H* c
" }" _, H* Z# s% Q
Tobegin with, visitors can enjoy a more ease journey if they travel in their owncountries. Admittedly, it is true that denizens can learn a variety ofdifferent cultures and lead a different life on the travels to a foreigncountry, yet we can never neglect the aim of travels. Rarely can we deny thefact that in most cases releasing pressure from life is the primary goal forpeople to plan a travel. By enjoying beautiful natural sceneries or having a restin the sunshine ofon
a beach, people can refresh and keep in ahappy mood to handle challenges from work and study in the future. Nonetheless,drawbacks of travels abroad will undermine these benefits. Because visitorswould be exhausted after a long journey; and possibly such differences ofliving habits as foods and climate would have a passive impact on travelers'physical conditions; what is worse, it takes people a lot of time to recoverfrom time lag. Hence, from the aspect of relax, I would choose to travel in myown country rather than to a foreign one.4 Y: F. k. i( r% o: E$ h

7 [) T: I# O. q3 eFurthermore,background information and cultural variety in one's own country play moreimportant roles to a person's life and work. It is true that by traveling bothdomestically and abroad, people can learn different cultures respectively, yetthe knowledge concerning different regions in one’s native country are morebeneficial to denizens. I will illustrate my point from two aspects. On onehand, a majority of people have rare opportunities to work outside comparedwith those to work in the native country. And as a result it is more practicalfor those people towho adjust to thedifferences of climates and living habits in different regions of the samecountry. While on the other hand, it is difficult to learn a different cultureespecially without relative background information on foreign countriesespecially. In this manner,hardly can travelers understand the culture and other knowledge of a foreigncountry only by several travels. Conversely, it becomes easier when it comes toone’s own country. Convinced by the reasons above, I agree to travel in my owncountry to gain useful knowledge.
) I# [5 N" g, `( f- d9 E

* a& j1 l% x7 r% m) p* h6 A: hIn sum,because of the aim of travel and difficulties to learn foreign countries in ashort time, if I make a decision, I would agree with the view that people canbenefit more from traveling in their own country than traveling to foreigncountries.
好多复杂的句子啊!对于菜鸟级的我有些困难了!也不知道改的合适不!楼主加油!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-20
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-11 23:32:16 |只看该作者
There are many merits of travels. People can learn various cultures on(from会不会好些)travels; and it is also an effective method for people to relax after long term work and study; still on travels, people can make some friends with different background. And all of these make a person's life happy. Thus, many people are fond of travel as favorite entertainment in the vacation. Nevertheless, here comes the controversial issue whether people can benefits more from a domestic travel or that to foreign countries. A group of people prefer to travel abroad, for people would have opportunities to experience a different way of life. In my perspective, however, I am supportive of the idea that people could benefit more by traveling domestically and my specific reasons are as follows.

To begin with, visitors can enjoy a more ease journey if they travel in their own countries. Admittedly, it is true that denizens can learn a variety of different cultures and lead a different life on the travels to a foreign country, yet we can never neglect the aim of travels. Rarely can we deny the fact that in most cases releasing pressure from life is the primary goal for people to plan a travel. By enjoying beautiful natural sceneries or having a rest in the sunshine of(on) a beach, people can refresh and keep in a happy mood to handle challenges from work and study in the future. Nonetheless, drawbacks of travels abroad will undermine these benefits. Because visitors would be exhausted after a long journey; and possibly such differences of living habits as foods and climate would have a passive impact on travelers' physical conditions; what is worse, it takes people a lot of time to recover from time lag. Hence, from the aspect of relax, I would choose to travel in my own country rather than to a foreign one.

Furthermore, background information and cultural variety in one's own country play more important roles to a person's life and work. It is true that by traveling both domestically and abroad, people can learn different cultures respectively, yet the knowledge concerning different regions in one’s native country are more beneficial to denizens. I will illustrate my point from two aspects. On one hand, a majority of people have rare opportunities to work outside compared with those to work in the native country. And as a result, it is more practical for those people to(who) adjust to the differences of climates and living habits in different regions of the same country. While on the other hand, it is difficult to learn a different culture especially(去掉) without relative background information on foreign countries(especially). In this manner, hardly can travelers understand the culture and other knowledge of a foreign country only by several travels. Conversely, it becomes easier when it comes to one’s own country. Convinced by the reasons above, I agree to travel in my own country to gain useful knowledge.

In sum, because of the aim of travel and difficulties to learn foreign countries in a short time, if I make a decision, I would agree with the view that people can benefit more from traveling in their own country than traveling to foreign countries.
好多复杂的句子啊!对于菜鸟级的我有些困难了!也不知道改的合适不!楼主加油!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-12 17:40:20 |只看该作者
Frankie修改~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-14 09:38:47 |只看该作者

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students who keep their rooms neat and organized tend to be more successful than students who do not.

syllabus
Agree
Students who keep their rooms neat and organized is more likely to show good impressions, which leads them to succeed.

Students who can organize their rooms also excel in organizing other affairs both in their life and career.

Most people dream of success in their life. And a mass of reasons contribute the success of a person, including ability, opportunity, living environment, education background, personality, social relationship and so forth. Thus when it comes to students, here comes the controversial issue whether students who always keep their rooms clean and tidy are possible to be successful than those who fail to. A group of people disagree with this view since they argue that a successful person should not focus on such daily trivial as cleaning rooms. In my perspective, however, the ability to organize neat rooms plays a significant role to reflect a person's ability to deal with other affairs. Therefore, those who can organize their rooms tend to be more successful and my specific reasons are as follows.

To begin with, students who keep their rooms neat and organized is more likely to show good impressions, which leads them to succeed. No one could deny the fact that a good impression, especially the first impression, has a great impact on a person's success. And the process of keeping rooms neat and organized helps students form the habit of making other things impressive. When hunting a job, students who wear suitable and tidy would have higher possibility to get it; in the realm of business, a good impression shows the respect to others and it can promote transactions; still in the field of research, a well-organized and concise paper is more possible to be accepted. All of these stated above indicate the importance of good impressions. Quite conversely, students who are reluctant to clean their rooms probably pay less attention to their impressions. In this manner, if a person seems not neat, rare people would prefer to contact him/her, never to say that s/he can get help from others. Since people who keep their rooms neat usually have good impressions in their life, I am convinced that it is more acceptable for them to succeed.

Furthermore, Students who can organize their rooms also excel in organizing other affairs both in their life and career. Because of the complexity of affairs resulting from rapid development of science and technology in the modern society, the importance of the ability to organize things becomes manifest. Admittedly, some people would argue that trivial affairs such as keeping rooms clean are much less complicated than social affairs, yet the basic principle to solve problems is same. For instance, setting items in a room, students should learn how to categorize them; while facing various archives, people can use the similar skill to classify them. Therefore, organizing items of a room is the primary stage of managing other affairs. Those students who have the habit to keep rooms clean and organized could have more experience to organize other things including a team, a company and even a nation, each of which would be a great success in one's life. As a result, I am supportive of the point that students who excel in cleaning and organizing rooms are more likely to succeed.

In sum, because of merits of good impressions and organization skills caused by the process of organizing and cleaning rooms, I agree with the view that students who keep their rooms neat and organized is more likely to show good impressions, which leads them to succeed.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-28
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-14 13:42:40 |只看该作者

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students who keep their rooms neat and organized tend to be more successful than students who do not.

syllabus# J) _, R$ H2 O2 y, q6 l, L# Q1 a
Agree
Students who keep their rooms neat and organized is more likely to show good impressions, which leads them to succeed.

Students who can organize their rooms also excel in organizing other affairs both in their life and career., n  {4 K& `$ B- K* s1 d- S; @

Most people dream of success in their life. And a mass of reasons contribute the success of a person, including ability, opportunity, living environment, education background, personality, social relationship and so forth. Thus when it comes to students, here comes the controversial issue whether students who always keep their rooms clean and tidy are possible to be successful than those who fail to. A group of people disagree with this view since they argue that a successful person should not focus on such daily trivial as cleaning rooms. In my perspective, however, the ability to organize neat rooms plays a significant role to reflect a person's ability to deal with other affairs. Therefore, those who can organize their rooms tend to be more successful and my specific reasons are as follows.
# W( ?( u- H$ V0 J, q2 Y3 h
To begin with, students who keep their rooms neat and organized is more likely to show good impressions, which leads them to succeed. No one could deny the fact that a good impression, especially the first impression, has a great impact on a person's success. And the process of keeping rooms neat and organized helps students form the habit of making other things impressive. When hunting a job, students who wear suitable and tidy would have higher possibility to get it; in the realm of business, a good impression shows the respect to others and it can promote transactions; still in the field of research, a well-organized and concise paper is more possible to be accepted. All of these stated above indicate the importance of good impressions. Quite conversely, students who are reluctant to clean their rooms probably pay less attention to their impressions.觉得说的有点儿绝对 In this manner, if a person seems not neat, rare people would prefer to contact him/her, never to say that s/he can get help from others. Since people who keep their rooms neat usually have good impressions in their life, I am convinced that it is more acceptable for them to succeed.' ]' \2 L) w! H* t

Furthermore, Students who can organize their rooms also excel in organizing other affairs both in their life and career. Because of the complexity of affairs resulting from rapid development of science and technology in the modern society, the importance of the ability to organize things becomes manifest. Admittedly, some people would argue that trivial affairs such as keeping rooms clean are much less complicated than social affairs, yet the basic principle to solve problems is same. For instance, setting items in a room, students should learn how to categorize them; while facing various archives, people can use the similar skill to classify them. Therefore, organizing items of a room is the primary stage of managing other affairs. Those students who have the habit to keep rooms clean and organized could have more experience to organize other things including a team, a company and even a nation, each of which would be a great success in one's life. As a result, I am supportive of the point that students who excel in cleaning and organizing rooms are more likely to succeed.

In sum, because of merits of good impressions and organization skills caused by the process of organizing and cleaning rooms, I agree with the view that students who keep their rooms neat and organized is more likely to show good impressions, which leads them to succeed.

语言方面,我的水平没发现啥错误。
然后内容方面,觉得论证的挺充分。如果要讲求论证严谨一点,个人觉得第一点没有论证。为啥注重整理房间的人更会注意个人给他人的印象。又为啥房间整理的一般的人,会忽视自己的外在形象或者说给人留下的印象呢?第一个点没有第二个点说的好。
个人建议,结尾可以再接着上一下吧。同意这种说法,然后呼吁下大家要从小事做起,走向成功啥啥的。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-17 13:05:03 |只看该作者

Do you think people should buy things made in their own country, even the price is higher than same things made somewhere else.

When people purchase products, most of them are confused by the various goods appearing in the supermarkets or the shopping malls. Actually many factors have an influence on the taste of customers including brands, qualities, appearances, services, places of productions, technologies, environment friendly and so forth. A group of people prefer to purchase things made in their native countries without considering other properties of products because they believe this inclination as kind of patriots. In my perspective, however, I could not agree with this attention. And my Specific reasons are as follows.

To begin with, it is impractical to judge the location where products are made in many cases. The enhancement of science and technologies has largely shrunk the world in the past decades. The trend of globalization has pervaded into all aspects of life and changes the world greatly. When it comes to the field of industry, products become internationalization. To reduce cost and improve quality of products, manufacturing usually employs technologies and materials all over the world. As a result, it makes customers difficult to distinguish where a product's places of production is. I will illustrate it from two aspects. On one hand, some companies design a product in the native country, import components from others and resemble them together in their own countries again. For example, the brand of a computer is Lenovo; its center process unit is designed by Inter; while the display may come from Sony. Lenovo is a company in China; Inter, the United States; and Sony, Japan. In this case, if a person buy a Lenovo's computer, never can deny the fact that s/he also buy the products from the United States and Japan. On the other hand, collaborations among companies blur the concept of producing locations. Buick is an American company; nevertheless, their automobiles sold in a foreign market are produced in that country itself. In this manner, I am not convinced by the contention that people can buy things made in its own country.

Furthermore, choosing products from various countries can benefit both customers and the whole society. Admittedly, buying products of native companies can spur the development of companies of one's own countries in a short time, yet I would argue that people can benefits more if they buy things from different countries in a long term. A variety of companies from different countries lead to the competition among manufacturing. Hence, civilians can enjoy benefits of low price and good services from the competition. While companies are stimulated to reduce cost and improve quality. Otherwise the high expenses of products can reduce the quality of life. This reminds me of the policy of Korean beef policy. The Korean government encourages their denizens to purchase beef of their own nation and forbids importing a large amount of beef from other countries. As a result, rare can most people eat beef in a year. What is worse, without competition, the local technologies of producing beef are stagnant. Therefore, I am not supportive of the view to buy things of one's own countries no matter how expensive the product is.

In sum, because of the difficulty to distinguish places of productions and benefits resulting from purchasing products from various countries, I cannot agree with the idea that people should buy things made in their own country, even the price is higher than same things made somewhere else.

使用道具 举报

RE: 3.22独立写作 by ly8768 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
3.22独立写作 by ly8768