精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-10-10 18:21:07 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
为了激励自己,开个贴,听写听写听写跟读跟读跟读!!

TPO17对话部分
CONVERSASION1

Modern staging of Shakespearean classic. Like I told to you last week, I think it’s a great topic for your paper. So the title be something like….

I’m not really sure. probably something like the 20 century’s staging of summer night stream.

Yes, I like that. Straight forward into the point. So, how’s the research going?

Well, that’s what I came to talk to you about. I was wondering if you happen to have any copy of PB production of summer night stream in your video collection? I have been looking for it everywhere and I have had a really hard time traking it down.

That’s because it doesn’t exist.

Ah, you mean in your collection or at all?

I mean at all. That particular production was never filmed or recorded.

Oh, no. I have no idea! From what I’ve read, this production like ….it XX influenced every other production that plays that came after it, and I just assumed it have been films or videotaped.

OH, it definitely was land mark ‘s production and it’s not like a refence just week. But either it’s never filmed or if it was the film been lost, decide round because there is even a film about the making of the production, but not of the production itself.

So now what will I do if there is no video?

Listen, think about it. This is the most important 20 century staging of the mid summer night stream, right?

But how can I read about the Broken’s propertation of the play if I can’t see his production?

Just because there’s no recording doesn’t mean you can’t figure out how it influence other productions?

I guess there’s enough material around, but a little bit challenge.

True, but think about it. You are writing about tremitic arts, the theater, had nets nature of a theater, isn’t it?

You mean because it’s life, when the performances finished?

That’s it. At last it’s a film. It’s gone. But that doesn’t mean we can’t study it. And of course some students in this class are writing about the production in the 19th century, there’s no videos of those. You know one of the challenges for people who study theater is to find ways of talking something that is really sotrasient. About something that inner sense, doesn’t exist.

CONVERSATION2

Listen to a conversation between a student and a food service manager.
Mrs. Harson, my name’s John, john Gran. I work as a waiter in the campus dining hall in the faculty dining room.

What can I do for you?

Well, I work week nights except on Friday, I was wondering if I could switch from working the dinner service to working at lunch.

That can’t be a problem. I’m afraid we don’t have any openings on lunch time. A lot of students want to work then and so it’s really rare for us to have open spot at that time a day.

Oh. I see. You know I’ve during the group. The university jazz band and the band practice time ride around the dinner time. You know it’s so hard to get into this group. I must vidition 10 times since I’ve been in the school. So I was really hoping to have the dinner hours free so I can go to the practice.

Well, we do have other open times like breakfast.

That won’t work. I’m sorry. I mean I can’t work that early. I have a really important music class I get to take. It’s like the first in the morning.

Well, if you don’t mind working in the kitchen, we’ve got some pretty flexible hours for students doing food prepare work. Anything from early morning to late afternoon.

What’s a prepare work?

You prepare food for the cooks. You know, like cutting up vegetables into soup and cleaning greens for salads.

That doesn’t sound… I mean, being a waiter. I get to see a lot of professors like in a different way. We joke around a little you know. In the classroom they always have to be pretty formal but…

The money is no different since we pay students the same amount for any of the jobs here on food service. So, it’s up to you.

Oh, I was thought this sacrifies from my art… that means working longer hours in the musician. Like no money. I didn’t think it mean, peeling carrots.

Let me see, I’m offering you something that has the hours you want. it’s right on campus, and you make as much as money you did being a waiter. Quite a sacrifies.

I’m sorry. I know you are just trying to help. I guess…I guess I should look at the food prepare job.

Ok. Then I’ll tell the kitchen manager that you’ll stop by morning to talk about the job and schedule in your hours. And I’ll let the dining hall manager know that he needs to find a new waiter in the evening.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-10-10
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2011-10-10 18:56:43 |只看该作者
CONVERSASION1

Modern stagings of Shakespearean(shakespearian) Classic. Like I told you last week, I think it(that)’s a great topic for your paper. So the title would be something like….

I’m not really sure. probably something like the 20th century stagings of midsummer night’s dream.

Yes, I like that. Straight forward(开门见山) and to the point. So, how’s the research going?

Well, that’s what I came to talk to you about. I was wondering if you happen to have any copy of PB production of a midsummer night stream in your video collection? I have been looking for it everywhere and I have had(am having) a really hard time traking(tracking 追踪) it down.

That’s because it doesn’t exist.

Ah, you mean in your collection or at all?

I mean at all. That particular production was never filmed or recorded.

Oh, no. I have no idea! From what I’ve read, this production like ….it influenced every other production that plays that came after it, and I just assumed it have been filmed or videotaped.

OH, it definitely was land mark ‘s(landmark 里程碑式的) production and it’s not like a refence ran for just a week. But either it’s never filmed or if it was the film been lost, and it’s ironic讽刺的 because there is even a film about the making of the production, but not of the production itself.

So now what do I do if there is no video?

Listen, think about it. This is the most important 20 century staging of a midsummer night dream, right?

But how can I read about the Broken’s propertation interpretation解释说明) of the play if I can’t see his production?

Just because there’s no recording doesn’t mean you can’t figure out how it influence other productions?

I guess there’s enough material around, but it would be a challenge.

True, but think about it. You are writing about tremitic dramatic arts戏剧艺术, the theater, had nets and that’s the nature of a theater, isn’t it?

You mean because it’s life, when the performances finished?

That’s it. At last unless it’s filmed. It’s gone. But that doesn’t mean we can’t study it. And of course some students in this class are writing about the production in the 19th century, there’s no videos of those. You know one of the challenges for people who study theater is to find ways of talking something that is really sotrasient transient(短暂的,转瞬即逝的). About something that inner sense in a sense (在某种意义上), doesn’t exist.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-10-10
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2011-10-10 19:52:59 |只看该作者
CONVERSATION2

Listen to a conversation between a student and a food service manager.
Mrs. Harson, my name’s John, john Gran. I work as a waiter in the campus dining hall in the faculty dining room.

What can I do for you?

Well, I work week nights except on Friday, I was wondering if I could switch from working the dinner service to working at lunch.

That can’t be a there’s going to be a problem. I’m afraid we don’t have any openings on lunch time. A lot of students want to work then and so it’s really rare for us to have open spot at that time a day.

Oh. I see. You know I’ve during joined参加 the group. The university jazz band and the band practice time is right around the dinner time. You know it’s so hard to get into this group. I must have auditioned试音 like 10 times since I’ve been at the school. So I was really hoping to have the dinner hours free so I can go to the practice.

Well, we do have other open times like breakfast.

That won’t work. I’m sorry. I mean I can’t work that early. I have a really important music class I get to take. It’s like the first thing in the morning.

Well, if you don’t mind working in the kitchen, we’ve got some pretty flexible hours for students doing food prepare work. Anything from early morning to late afternoon.

What’s a prepare work?

You prepare food for the cooks. You know, like cutting up vegetables into soup and cleaning greens for salads.

That doesn’t sound… I mean, being a waiter. I get to see a lot of professors like in a different way. We joke around a little you know. In the classroom, they always have to be pretty formal but…

The money is no different since we pay students the same amount for any of the jobs here on food service. So, it’s up to you.

Oh, I was thought this sacrificing for my art… that’d mean working longer hours as a musician. Like, no money. I didn’t think it’d mean, peeling carrots.

Let me see, I’m offering you something that has the hours you want. it’s right here on campus, and you make as much money as you did being a waiter. Quite a sacrifice.

I’m sorry. I know you are just trying to help. I guess…I guess I should look into the food prepare job.

Ok. Then I’ll tell the kitchen manager that you’ll stop by morning to talk about the job and schedule your hours. And I’ll let the dining hall manager know that he needs to find a new waiter in the evening.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-10-10
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2011-10-12 23:33:09 |只看该作者
Conversation2 Listen to a conversation between a student and an administrator in the campus employment office I just transferred from northeastern state university near Chicago. Chicago’s such great city. why did you leave? It was sure convenient to go to a school nearby. But northeastern is still fairly small and it doesn’t have programs I’m interested in. I want to major in international studies. And the only program in the state is here. We do have a great program. And how did you get interested in international studies? My family hosted a few foreign exchange students while I was growing up, then I took part in international summer program after I graduated from high school. I found I really like meeting people from all over, getting to know them. Well, ok, and that led you to our program. Now though, I assume you are looking for a job. A part- time job on campus. I thought I’d save money and being away off the big city. it doesn’t seem to be working that way. Anyway I’ m not having much luck. Most of our campus jobs are taken in the 1th week or to 2 this semester. What work experiences do you have? I was working in the library last year. But I’ve the library here, they said the remaining positions were for work-study students getting financial aid. I’ve never run into(遭遇) that before. About average I say. I helped teach some of the basic classes in northeastern offers for new users. Is that help any? Lecture1 The technology support to apartment needs people to work at a helpdesk. It’s basically a customer service job. It give you chance to develop your people skills. Something that every diplomat needs. They have extended hours. But now they only need people early morning, late nights and weekends. You probably end up with a bit of everything work rather than a regular spot. We are going to start the study of sun spot today. And I think you’ll fine rather interesting. I’ m going to assume that you know the sun spot in the basic terms are dark spots on the sun surface. That ‘ll do for now. The ancient Chinese was the first to record observations of sun spots as early as the year 165. When later Europeans astronomers wrote about sun spots, they didn’t believe the spots were really on the sun. That’s because that they believe at that time that the heavenly bodies, the sun moves stars planet were perfect XX any flom or blemishes. So they believe that the sun spot was actually something else, like shadows of planets crossing the sun’s face. This was thinking of European astronomers until the introduction of telescope, which brings us to our old friends, G. In the early 1600, based on the observation on sun spots, G proposed a new hypothesis. He pointed out that the shape of sun spots, well, the sunspots weren’t circular. If they were shadows of the planet, they would be circular, right? So there’s the problem of prevalent view. And he also knew that the shape of the sun spot changed as seen to moves across the sun surfaces. Maybe a particular sun spot was sort of square. Then later it would come alobsited, then later something else. So, there is another problem with shadow hypothesis. Because the shape of a planetdoesn’t change. What G proposed was that sunspot was indeed a fiture of the sun, but he didn’t know what kind of fiture. He proposed that might be clouds in the atmosphere, solar atmosphere. Especially because they seemed to change in the shape, but there was no predicting the changes. At least nothing G could figure out. That random shape changes would be consistent with spots being in clouds. Over a couple of hundred years, a lot of hypothesis retos around. the spots, or mountains or holes in solar atmosphere throughout the dark surfaces of the sun could be seen. Then in 1843, an astronomer named HS made a interesting claim. S had been watching the sun every day that it was visible for 17 years, looking for evidence of a new planet. And he structed keeping track of sun spots, napping them. So he wouldn’t confuse any potential of a new planet. In the end, there was no planet. But there was evidence that numbers of sunspots increase and decrease in a pattern, a pattern that began repeating every 10 years. That was a huge breakthrough. Another astronomer named W, kept track of the sun for even longer period, 40 years actually. so W did 40 years of research and S did 17 years of research. I think they are lesson there. Anyway, W went all records of very observatory in Europe and put together a history of sunspots observation going back to about 100 years. From this information, he were able to confirm a existence of a pattern, repeating cycle. But W detected a 11 years cycle, not a 20 year cycle. 11 years cycle? Does that sound familiar to anyone? Well, geomagnetic activity. The nature variations of the earth magnet field. It fluctuates in a 11 year cycles. We’ll cover this later in this semester, but for now, scientist of in the late 19 century were aware of geomagnet cycle, when they heard that the sunspot cycle was also 11 years, they decided to find out what was going on. Suddenly everyone was doing studies of the possible relationship between the sun and the earth. Did the sunspot cause the geomagnetic field or did the geomagnetic field cause the sunspot or there is some other thing to cause both? And astronomers did eventually figure out what sunspots have to do with geomagnet fields. Actually, they are magnet firlds. And thefact that sunspots are magnet fields accounts for their dark and appearance. That’s because the magnet fields reduce the pressure exerts on the gases inside of them, make the spots cooler than the rest of the sun surfaces. Uncess, They are cooler, they are darker.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-10-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-10-12 23:34:38 |只看该作者
Conversation2
Listen to a conversation between a student and an administrator in the campus employment office

I just transferred from northeastern state university near Chicago.
Chicago’s such great city. why did you leave? It was sure convenient to go to a school nearby. But northeastern is still fairly small and it doesn’t have programs I’m interested in. I want to major in international studies. And the only program in the state is here.

We do have a great program. And how did you get interested in international studies? My family hosted a few foreign exchange students while I was growing up, then I took part in international summer program after I graduated from high school. I found I really like meeting people from all over, getting to know them.

Well, ok, and that led you to our program. Now though, I assume you are looking for a job.
A part- time job on campus. I thought I’d save money and being away off the big city. it doesn’t seem to be working that way. Anyway I’ m not having much luck.

Most of our campus jobs are taken in the 1th week or to 2 this semester. What work experiences do you have? I was working in the library last year. But I’ve the library here, they said the remaining positions were for work-study students getting financial aid. I’ve never run into(遭遇) that before.

About average I say. I helped teach some of the basic classes in northeastern offers for new users. Is that help any?

Lecture1

The technology support to apartment needs people to work at a helpdesk. It’s basically a customer service job. It give you chance to develop your people skills. Something that every diplomat needs.

They have extended hours. But now they only need people early morning, late nights and weekends. You probably end up with a bit of everything work rather than a regular spot.

We are going to start the study of sun spot today. And I think you’ll fine rather interesting.
I’ m going to assume that you know the sun spot in the basic terms are dark spots on the sun surface. That ‘ll do for now.

The ancient Chinese was the first to record observations of sun spots as early as the year 165. When later Europeans astronomers wrote about sun spots, they didn’t believe the spots were really on the sun. That’s because that they believe at that time that the heavenly bodies, the sun moves stars planet were perfect XX any flom or blemishes. So they believe that the sun spot was actually something else, like shadows of planets crossing the sun’s face. This was thinking of European astronomers until the introduction of telescope, which brings us to our old friends, G.
In the early 1600, based on the observation on sun spots, G proposed a new hypothesis. He pointed out that the shape of sun spots, well, the sunspots weren’t circular. If they were shadows of the planet, they would be circular, right? So there’s the problem of prevalent view. And he also knew that the shape of the sun spot changed as seen to moves across the sun surfaces. Maybe a particular sun spot was sort of square. Then later it would come alobsited, then later something else. So, there is another problem with shadow hypothesis. Because the shape of a planetdoesn’t change. What G proposed was that sunspot was indeed a fiture of the sun, but he didn’t know what kind of fiture. He proposed that might be clouds in the atmosphere, solar atmosphere. Especially
because they seemed to change in the shape, but there was no predicting the changes. At least nothing G could figure out. That random shape changes would be consistent with spots being in clouds. Over a couple of hundred years, a lot of hypothesis retos around. the spots, or mountains or holes in solar atmosphere throughout the dark surfaces of the sun could be seen.

Then in 1843, an astronomer named HS made a interesting claim. S had been watching the sun every day that it was visible for 17 years, looking for evidence of a new planet. And he structed keeping track of sun spots, napping them. So he wouldn’t confuse any potential of a new planet. In the end, there was no planet. But there was evidence that numbers of sunspots increase and decrease in a pattern, a pattern that began repeating every 10 years. That was a huge breakthrough.

Another astronomer named W, kept track of the sun for even longer period, 40 years actually. so W did 40 years of research and S did 17 years of research. I think they are lesson there. Anyway, W went all records of very observatory in Europe and put together a history of sunspots observation going back to about 100 years. From this information, he were able to confirm a existence of a pattern, repeating cycle. But W detected a 11 years cycle, not a 20 year cycle. 11 years cycle? Does that sound familiar to anyone? Well, geomagnetic activity.

The nature variations of the earth magnet field. It fluctuates in a 11 year cycles. We’ll cover this later in this semester, but for now, scientist of in the late 19 century were aware of geomagnet cycle, when they heard that the sunspot cycle was also 11 years, they decided to find out what was going on. Suddenly everyone was doing studies of the possible relationship between the sun and the earth. Did the sunspot cause the geomagnetic field or did the geomagnetic field cause the sunspot or there is some other thing to cause both? And astronomers did eventually figure out what sunspots have to do with geomagnet fields. Actually, they are magnet firlds. And thefact that sunspots are magnet fields accounts for their dark and appearance. That’s because the magnet fields reduce the pressure exerts on the gases inside of them, make the spots cooler than the rest of the sun surfaces. Uncess, They are cooler, they are darker.

使用道具 举报

RE: 亓马玛的听写日志,要上26! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
亓马玛的听写日志,要上26!