寄托币
注册时间
2012-2-16
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-8-3 16:30:35 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near our community. Some people approve of the plan while others hold the opposite opinion. I agree that a large factory can bring us many benefits and the problems it may cause can be controlled well if we take some proper measures. Therefore, I believe it is a good decision to accept the plan.

First and foremost, the factory planned to be built can provide lots of positions and help many out-of-job people regain the chance to work, which is of great significance since in the present it is really difficult to find a job even if you are a university graduate student. As far as I know, nearly one-third of the university graduate students in our community are facing the problem to find a job and if a factory is built nearby, they can try to apply a position there.

Another reason that I approve of building of the factory is that the factory is sure to promote the development of the local economy. For example, since there will be many people working in the factory, it is reasonable to assume that many of these people will have meals or make purchase of goods near the factory, therefore some restaurants and shopping malls may appear to satisfied the needs. And similarly, some drugstores, hospitals, beer bars may appear as well. All of them contribute to the development of the local economy.

Despite the above two benefits that the factory can bring, some people are still worried about it. They argue that the factory may cause noise and pollution. In my opinion, whether the factory cause noise and pollution does not depend mainly on the management. If the manager of the factory take the noise and pollution seriously, the noise and pollution can be reduced to the least extent. So just as we cannot eat nothing because of the worry about the quality of the food, what we need to do is not oppose the plan to build the factory just because of the potential threat it may cause but conduct an agreement with the factory manager to ensure that the noise and pollution can be controlled well. In this case, our rights can be protected and the economy can be promoted as well.

In a word, I approve to build a large factory near our community because it can provide working positions and promote the local economy. And meanwhile the problems it may cause should not be overlooked.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-2-16
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2012-8-3 18:02:36 |只看该作者
题目是:005 A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

使用道具 举报

RE: 第一篇托福作文,求修改。。。 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
第一篇托福作文,求修改。。。