帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-12-22 22:53:21 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
虽然没有买magoosh 但是每次在论坛看到大家问题,我都会搜集下来

集中发到这儿好了 欢迎大家补充

话说我这么做是不是不对呢。。。?

1.        As spurious sightings of imaginary creatures that have captured the popular mind (i) ________, however (ii) __________ a story may be, once it has been circulated enough times it will gather a patina of (iii) ______________.

(i)        (ii)        (iii)
(A)  diminish        (D) clever        (G) neglect
(B)  entail        (E)  apocryphal        (H) truth
(C)  suggest        (F)  captivating        (I)  deceit

2.        The blitzkrieg of anti-smoking images has clearly had a(n)______ effect: both the number of total smokers and the rate of lung cancer has fallen in recent years.
A.        salutary
B.        lasting
C.        dramatic
D.        ephemeral
E.        unremarkable
F.        beneficial

AF

3.        Exposure to sustained noise almost certainly impairs blood pressure regulation in human beings, but to the frustration of many patients, some researchers have obtained results that __________ the relationships.
A.        conflate
B.        diminish
C.        muddy
D.        neutralize
E.        obscure
F.        buttress

CE

4.        David's reputation as a(an)__________  was well deserved; indeed, even after coming into a million dollar inheritance, he still lived in a poorly furnished attic.
A.        optimist  
B.        pauper
C.        miser
D.        opportunist
E.        curmudgeon

C
curmudgeon: a person grumpy; a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man
grumpy: moodily cross : SURLY
pauper: a very poor person

5.        The conception of time as parcelled out in ____ intervals did not begin with the advent of the clock; as such we must have a biological predisposition to not conceive of time as simply an amorphous succession of moments.
A.        fleeting
B.        illusory
C.        unbounded
D.        discrete
E.        indiscernible

D.discrete

6.        The professor began to work ______ on various research projects—though never to the point that she failed to attend to her classes, since whether she received tenure was determined not only by published research but also, to some extent, by student recommendations.
A.        periodically
B.        sporadically
C.        monotonously
D.        industriously
E.        diligently
F.        fruitfully

EF

7.        Because even his ____________ would be loath to consider his novels  _________, either the reviewer of his latest work has been ethically compromised, or the author has actually plotted what can, in all positive senses of the word, be described as a thriller.

Blank (i)        Blank (ii)
staunchest advocates         dishonest
most implacable opponents         riveting
most sympathetic detractors         straightforward

B?D?

8.        Never one to ______ her duties, Heather surprised her colleagues when she continued leaving important tasks unfinished.
A.        Neglect
B.        Embrace
C.        Finish
D.        Shirk
E.        Cherish
F.        Delegate

AD

9.        Of the two ancient Kingdoms of Zaris and Xylia, the latter was the more ____, often training boys as young as twelve for battle.
A.        spartan
B.        martial
C.        notorious
D.        formidable
E.        focused
F.        warlike

AB

10.        Both darkly comic and deeply tragic, Guy’s biography of the 12th archbishop of Canterbury Sir Thomas Becket, is a portrait of a saint with plenty of shadows. Does it diminish Becket for us to know that this future martyr in a hair shirt (clothing worn by ascetics) also made sure to keep a fine silk robe handy for his return to Canterbury, a stately progress one chronicler compared to Christ’s entry into Jerusalem? That his abstemious diet was partly the result of a lifelong susceptibility to chronic, and debilitating, indigestion? That one of his oldest and closest friends would have found his canonization “utterly absurd”? Only if we prefer the black-and-white certainties of hagiography to the convincingly human portrayal of a charismatic, contradictory individual who was, as Guy puts it, “as prickly as he was smooth . . . a man with the habits of a hedgehog.”

11.        Many imagine philosophy apparelled in a toga walking about the Greek agora, (i)_______ questions of great import; yet philosophy (ii) ________ today, only we have traded the agora for the Internet: many online venues exist in which the intellectually curious discuss the very same questions that once reverberated through the open air of Athens’ marketplaces.

(i)        (ii)
holding forth on        continued to be imperilled
dispproving            is very much alive
dismissing             remain esoteric

A   E
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-2-20
精华
帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant

沙发
发表于 2013-12-22 22:59:48 |只看该作者
补充一道~

Trent was able to combine (i)____ with (ii)_______: in heated debate he would always
tactfully hear his opponent’s side, before exposing the logical flaws of that position.

Blank (i)
Hestitation
Hostility
Civility

Blank (ii)
Intelligence
sarcasm
cowardice

CD

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-2-9
精华
帖子

一帆枫顺   美版2015offer达人 欧盟2015 寄托兑换店纪念章 2015 US-applicant Virgo处女座 GRE斩浪之魂 GRE守护之星 Sub luck 在任资深版主

板凳
发表于 2013-12-22 23:30:23 来自手机 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 小硕鼠 于 2013-12-23 18:21 编辑

good job,辛苦

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-11-30
精华
帖子
地板