注册时间
2024-7-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2024-7-12 10:48:20 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览

请教各位朋友,这几道题目怎么解答~网上没有解析,需要请教GRE朋友们,谢谢感恩🙏🙏🙏

1. The _____________ directed toward the editor struck many observers as excessive, since the quality of the special section she oversaw, while far from perfect, was unmatched by any other contemporary newspaper.

A.favoritism

B.perquisites

C.contumely

D.accolades

E.enticements

2. Olfaction is our (i)____________ sense, depending on messages carried not at the speed  of light or of sound, but at the (ii)____________ pace of passing breeze. Yet olfaction is  also our (iii)____________ sense. Whereas signals detected by our eyes and ears must be assimilated by the thalamus before reaching the brain's interpretative region, odoriferous  messages travel a dedicated pathway straight from the nose to the cortex for instant  processing.

Blank(i)

Blank(ii)

Blank (ii)

A.slow

D.highly random

G.trickiest

B.essential

E.far statelier

H.quickest

C.primitive

F.somewhat overwhelming

I. most unreliable

3. The message in Kaku's new book might be encouraging, but it is a shame that it is delivered in a rather (i)_____________ manner: the book is never (ii)_____________, but  there is (iii)______________ that quickly becomes weary. Every innovation or gadget has  to be likened to something in a film, as we were incapable of understanding these things without endless prodding.

Blank(i)

Blank(ii)

Blank(iii)

A.speculative

D.clear in its aims

G.an obscurity

B.joking

E.far from insipidity

H.a repetitiveness

C.pedestrian

F.less than readable

I.a tendentiousness

4. Although the coal mines in EnuguNgwo are statutorily the property of the Nigerian state, experience in state-community resource-related conflict in Nigeria has shown that the (i)____________ of resources is (ii)____________ to ensure that the owner are able to fully

(iii)____________ those resources. This fact is demonstrated in the oil-rich Niger Delta region in Nigeria, where sustained grass-roots agitation against resource owners—the state and multinational companies—has negatively affected crude oil production.

Blank(i)

Blank(ii)

Blank (iii)

A.legal possession

D.unnecessary

G.acquire

B.careful conservation

E.insufficient

H.identify

C.reckless misuse

F.required

I.exploit