寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-10
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-2-10 15:05:56 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
题目 Compare yourself today and yourself five years ago. In what ways are you the same or different? Use specific examples to support your responses.

the educational system where I have been a student for many years has in some way helped reshape my personality. Ive noticed that there are several major differences between myself of today and of five years ago.

The first point that I would like to mention is the shift from dependence to independence. Five years ago when I was in high school, lots of work has been done by a group and I really enjoy staying in a group where a student could answer questions raised by other students. And now I am a student in college which places a high value on originality and initiative, I would work on my project individually rather than stay in groups. Though I admit that there are strong advantages to working in groups, there are even more compelling advantages for me to work alone. I have a lot of success working alone either on my homework or research project. During that process it is I who control the pace of the work and I really enjoy getting things done the way I choose for myself.

Another point that I would like to make is that I would tend to take more actions now than in five years ago. In other words, I believe in the old saying that actions speak louder than words. Five years ago, I tend to talk more about my ambition and plans on things such as how to raise my scores, but I did quiet less. As a result, I never did as good as my fellow classmates in studying. While in college, I made a change by studying very hard. I took notes when hearing a professors lecture. I checked inference books when a problem showed up and I tried to make full preparations for my exams. In the end of the semester, I ended up as one of the few who won the first class scholarship.

In short, there are some changes that have taken place on me during the past five years. To my delight, most changes bring some good things to me. And I believe changes will keep going and will go for the better.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-12-4
精华
帖子

Golden Apple 荣誉版主 IBT Zeal IBT Smart IBT Elegance 备考先锋

沙发
发表于 2009-2-10 15:15:46 |只看该作者
楼主什么时候考试