帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-4-19 04:19:37 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 comorain 于 2009-7-1 16:01 编辑

Comorain 原创作品,未经许可,不得转载

建议大家在写好初稿后,从以下几个方面(自查要点)认真检查一下语法错误:

1)句子结构是否完整?

喜欢写长句的同学可以检查一下,自己的句子主语和谓语是否齐全,分句之间的组合方式是否正确,连接词是否恰当,是否有“流水句run-on sentences”或“逗号拼凑句comma splice”,平行结构是否一致等等。
所谓“流水句”或“逗号拼凑句”,是指两个或多个主句之间不用连接词或错用标点连接起来。早期英语中不乏这样的句子(如“I came, I saw, I conquered.),但现代英语认为这种句子不符合语法规则。

举例说明如下(本篇所有例子和分析或来自网络——感谢原作者,或由我个人编写):

病句:Only through mistakes can lead to discoveryor progress. (缺主语)
修改:Only through mistakes can there be discovery or progress.

病句:With these as a guide a translator can gainan insight into the original story to grasp the theme, the dominant impression, the characterization, the well-designed arrangement of a series of incidents, etc., so that the true purpose of the author to create it. (最后一句缺谓语)
修改:..., and consequently the true purpose of the author to create it.

病句:Fortunately it is hot, you needn't have any bedding. run-on sentence
修改:Fortunately it is hot; you needn't have any bedding.
Fortunately it is hot, so you needn't have any bedding.
You needn't have any bedding because it is fortunately hot.
You needn't have any bedding due to the hot weather.

病句:The new tenant in the apartment was obviously both suspicious and interested in his neighbors(平行结构错误)
修改:The new tenant in the apartment was obviously both suspicious of and interested in his neighbors

病句:For them, skepticism is not only a keen tool to learn information but also explore new area of other fields.(平行结构错误)
修改:For them, skepticism is a keen tool not only to learn information but also to explore new area of other fields.

另外,一个更常见的错误是缺乏逻辑主语或逻辑主语不当:

病句:But after analyzing the world’s modern situation, it turns out to be, unfortunately, not workable and effective way to solve worldwide crises.
修改:But after we analyze the world’s modern situation, it turns out tobe, unfortunately, not workable and effective way to solve worldwide crises.analyze的逻辑主语应当是人,而不是it

病句:But for students, our task is to learn basic knowledge
which gives us precondition to do scientific researches and the qualification to doubt these theories.

修改:But as students, we aim at learning basic knowledge which gives us precondition to do scientific researches and the qualification to doubt these theories. (这里是很典型的中式英语:our taskstudents吗?就像很多人说:My English name is Mary, came from Beijing.

病句:Considered as opposite directions, one might argue that some fields of discipline could not be boosted by outsiders' knowledge and experience such as math, linguistics, and chemistry.
修改:Considering an opposite direction, onemight argue that...

Admittedly, one might argue that...
(这句想引出反面意见,结果弄成逻辑主语错误)

建议初学者先写主干,后写修饰成分和分句,保证每一个句子都主谓齐全。

2)主谓是否一致?

主谓不一致指句子的主语和谓语在人称和数等方面未能保持一致,包括语法形式不一致、语言意义不一致和不符合“就近原则”(谓语动词的单复数形式和近邻于其前的主语一致)等语法惯例。常见的错误主要有以下几种情形:

A.主语因其特殊形式或因由一个或几个复杂成分修饰而导致主语与谓语单复数形式不能保持一致

病句:Understanding the cultural habits of another nation, especially one containing so many diversified subcultures as the US, are complex, bewildering task to us.
修改:Understanding the cultural habits of another nation, especially one containing so many diversified subcultures as the US, is complex, bewildering task to us.
(主语是一个动名词短语,尽管其后有较长的修饰成分,然而其谓语仍需用单数形式;若是两个,要用are

B.定语从句的谓语动词未能与先行词在人称和数上保持一致

病句:I, who is your friend, will do my best to help you.
修改:I, who am your friend, will do my best to help you. (在代词加定语从句结构中,定语从句的谓语动词要与被修饰的代词保持一致)

病句:Tom is the only one of the pupils who are willing to take make-up examinations.
修改:Tom is the only one of the pupils who is willing to take make-up examinations. (在由the only one等加复数名词或代词再加定语从句结构中,谓语动词应用单数形式)

C.主语内容、意义上的单复数与谓语的单复数形式未能保持致

病句:Six times two are twelve.
修改:Six times two is twelve.
(在加、减、乘、除运算中,谓语动词要用单数形式)

病句:The police is looking for the escaped criminal.
修改:The police are looking for the escaped criminal. (当主语为people, police, folk, cattle等集合名词时,谓语动词只能用复数形式)

病句:Acoustics are taught in some colleges.
修改:Acoustics is taught in some colleges. (以-s-es结尾的用以表示学科、疾病、游戏等的名词做主语时,其谓语动词应用单数形式)

D.不符合“就近原则”

病句:Either you or he are no telling the truth.
修改:Either you or he is no telling the truth.(由连词or,neither…or, either…or, not only … also, nor等连接的并列主语,谓语动词的单复数形式要与贴近它的主语一致;在there be 的结构中,谓语动词的单复数形式一般也要与贴近它的主语一致)

3)时态、语态是否正确?

时态、语态方面常见的错误主要包括以下情形:

A.单句或并列句中的时态用错或不一致

病句:At the party the film star sang a song forus and later dances for the aged.
修改:At the party the film star sang a song forus and later danced for the aged.(在并列句中,谓语动词时态多保持一致)

B主句与从句的时态不一致

病句:He was ateacher before he became a manager of a big firm.
修改:He had been a teacher before he became a manager of a big firm.

病句:Because learning is not a solitary activity but one that requires collaboration among people, every student can benefit academically if he or she will work frequently in groups.
修改:Because learning is not a solitary activity but one that requires collaboration among people, every student can benefit academically if he or she works frequently in groups.(时间状语从句,条件句中,从句用一般现在时代替将来时)

C主动语态和被动语态混用

病句:When certain thought for the first time conjured up in human beings' mind, for the sake of objective truth, our forebears endeavored their best to explain it by their insufficient and obsolete knowledge.
修改:When certain thought was conjured up in human beings' mind for the first time, our forebears endeavored to explain it by their insufficient and obsolete knowledge for the sake of objective truth.conjure up thoughtendeavor为不及物动词)

病句:Large masses of data must be generally undergone a process of summarization.
修改:Large masses of data must generally undergo a process of summarization.

病句:History abounds such examples.
修改:History is replete with such examples.
        Such examples abound in history.
        History abounds with such examples.

病句:Both because each realm of knowledge could have only ONE infallible explanation, and it is precise reflection of knowledge, fundamental theory of one discipline, which influenced significantly by knowledge and experiences of others, which combine theories of related fields of study, and which proned to observe the world of speculation with compromise, should by no means be considered as basis of "that discipline".
修改:In any realm of knowledge, only one explanation could be infallible explanation, and it is precise reflection of knowledge, thus the fundamental theory of onediscipline, which is influenced significantly by knowledge and experiences of others, combines theories of related fields of study, and is proned to observe the world of speculation with compromise, should by no means be considered as basis of "that discipline".(本句的三个从句主谓、时态、语态都不一致,修改之后还需要好好精简,把意思搞明确)

4)指代是否明确无误?

指代性错误包括:人称代词或指示代词与他们所代表的词在单复数或人称上不一致;代词冗余或缺位;指代内容出现歧义等等。

病句:Scientists are discovering that sea water can be very valuable. It has been suggested that their currents can be utilized to make electricity.
修改:Scientists are discovering that sea water can be very valuable. It has been suggested that its currents can be utilized to make electricity.

病句:Mary was friendly to my sister because she wanted her to be her bridesmaid.
修改:Mary was friendly to my sister because she wanted my sister to be her bridesmaid.sheher指代不明)

病句:I cannot think a better illustration than this instance that people cut down amounts of trees and destroy plenty of afforested land for construction which cause many environmental crisis such as greenhouse effect, the hole in the ozonosphere, etc.
修改:Here is an exact illustration. People cut down a mounts of trees and destroyed plenty of afforested land for construction, but at the expense of many environmental crisis such as greenhouse effect, the hole in the ozonosphere, etc.thiswhich指代不明)

5)非谓语动词是否恰当?

常见的错误有:

A.现在分词形式与过去分词形式混淆

病句:The victory was no more convinced than I had expected.
修改:The victory was no more convincing than I had ex pected.(做形容词时,现在分词表被动,过去分词表主动,如interesting:令别人感兴趣的;interested:自己感兴趣的)

病句:The teacher went into the classroom, following by some students.
修改:The teacher went into the classroom, followed by some students.
        Some students went into the classroom, following their teacher.(做状语时,要注意动词与其逻辑主语之间的主动被动关系,现在分词表主动,过去分词表被动)

B.不定式与动名词相互混淆

病句:1. To lie is vice. 2. Lying about it will only make matters worse.
修改:1. Lying is vice. 2. To lie about it will only make matters worse.(做主语时,动名词表示抽象的、经常性的动作,不定式表示具体的、一次性的动作)

病句:Japanese militarists’ atrocities to slaughter millions of Chinese should never been forgotten by present generation.
修改:Japanese militarists’ atrocities slaughtering millions of Chinese should never been forgotten by present generation.(做定语时,动名词表示已经发生的动作,不定式表示将发生的动作)

另外,还有很多动词后接动名词和不定式的具体含义不同,如:
stop to do; stopdoing
forget to do;forget doing
remember to do;remember doing
regret to do;regret doing
cease to do; ceasedoing
try to do; trydoing
go on to do; go ondoing
afraid to do;afraid doing
interested to do;interested doing
mean to do; meandoing
begin/start to do;begin/start doing

记住:动名词表达的是“状态,性质,心境,抽象,经常性,已发生的”;不定式表达的是“目的,结果,原因,具体,一次性,将发生的”

C.非谓语动作发生时间与谓语动作发生时间方面出现错误

病句:I remember locking the door when I left home this morning.
修改:I remember having locked the door when I left home this morning.

D.特殊非谓语动词结构方面出现错误

病句:It is no use to argue about it as he will never change his mind.
修改:It is no use to arguing about it as he will never change his mind.(固定结构:It is/There is no use doing something

病句:You have to practice to speak English as much as possible now since you are going to England next year.
修改:You have to practice speaking English as much as possible now since you are going to England next year.(固定结构:practice + v-ing

=============================================================================

Issue DIY四部曲系列 by comorain

一、想明白——Issue 思路

https://bbs.gter.net/thread-940385-1-1.html

二、写清楚——Issue 初稿(首段、段落结构、主题句、尾段)

https://bbs.gter.net/thread-941249-1-1.html

三、改漂亮——Issue 自改(语法、用词、句式变化、复杂句、举例、说理)

https://bbs.gter.net/thread-943741-1-1.html

编外:comorain的语法自查要点

https://bbs.gter.net/thread-943740-1-1.html

四、记准确——Issue 背诵+修改铺+珍藏资料

https://bbs.gter.net/thread-944004-1-1.html

五、谋周全——Issue 备考及写作建议+习作一篇

https://bbs.gter.net/thread-944669-1-1.html

=============================================================================
已有 3 人评分声望 收起 理由
robotwish + 1 谢谢,主要毛病,帮助很大
pingko + 2 Thx
i2000s + 1 很详细~谢谢

总评分: 声望 + 4   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-1-16
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2009-4-19 04:20:09 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 comorain 于 2009-4-19 17:02 编辑

Comorain 原创作品,转载请注明出处

6)标点是否恰当?

同学们可能觉得标点符号太简单,但实际上也很容易出错,而且错了也难以察觉。我总结以下,经常出错的情形如下:

A. however

病句:The argument seems reasonable, however, close scrutiny of its evidence reveals how groundless the conclusion is.
修改:The argument seems reasonable; however, close scrutiny of its evidence reveals how groundless the conclusion is.

The argument seems reasonable. However, close scrutiny of its evidence reveals how groundless the conclusion is.

The argument seems reasonable. Close scrutiny of its evidence, however, reveals how groundless the conclusion is.

B.逗号代替句点、分号、冒号或破折号

病句:The essay is poorly organized, there is no central idea.
修改:The essay is poorly organized; there is no central idea.

The essay is poorly organized: there is no central idea.

C. 非限制性定语从句、状语从句与逗号

病句:We were led into a nearest fabric shop that was divided into two parts.
修改:We were led into a nearest fabric shop, which was divided into two parts.(从句意看,为非限制性定语从句)

病句:We will go there, if it is fine tomorrow.
修改:We will go there if it is fine tomorrow.(状语从句位于句末不用标点)

If it is fine tomorrow, we will go there.
(状语从句位于句首要用标点隔开)

D.连接副词与逗号

病句:So, they keep in touch with each other merely by writing letters and phoning now.
修改:So they keep in touch with each other merely by writing letters and phoning now.perhapsso等副词后不加逗号)

Eand和逗号

在三个及以上并列的单词、词组和从句之间用逗号,并在最后一个成分前加and

病句:Cecille speaks English, Spanish, French and Creole.
修改:Cecille speaks English, Spanish, French, and Creole.

在两个并列的形容词间用逗号分隔。

病句:For men, heroism was usually described asbravery and the active and successful overcoming of adversity.
修改:For men, heroism was usually described asbravery and the active, successful overcoming of adversity.

F.直接引语前

病句:Mary said: “Let’s go fishing.”
修改:Mary said, “Let’s go fishing.” (如果是引用比较正式的发言讲话就要用冒号,一般情况下就用逗点)

G.引号中的标点符号

句号和逗号必须置于引号之内,冒号与分号必置于引号外。如:
“I thought he was responsible,” he said, “but he isn’t.”
He told the gunman,“I refuse to do that”; his knees, however, were shaking even as he said those words.
She called this schedule of activities her “load”: work, study, exercise, recreation, and sleep.

问号、感叹号和破折号有时置于引号之内, 有时置于外号之外。如果所引内容本身是疑问句、感叹句或带有破折号, 问号、感叹号或破折号一般放在引号之内。否则,放在引号之外。

The teacher asked,“Could you understand me?”
Did the teacher say,“They have gone”?
The frightened girl screamed, “Help!”
He interrupted me,“Now, listen”—and went on saying.
Glancing through the essay entitled “Why Not More?,” Dr. Jefferson frowned thoughtfully.

H.连字符、连接号、破折号与斜线号

连字符(hyphen)(可连接多个单词或单个单词的不同音节,主要有三个用途:
①区分同形异义词,如re-dress意思为“重新穿衣、再整理”,redress意思是“改正、补救”;
②连接前缀与词干,如non-linear, sub-section, super-achiever
③连接复合形容词和副词的相关部分,如face-to-face discussion, a friendly-lookingdriver, the 6-hectare-limit rule
④用于移行(将一个单词隔断为两部分,分别放在上下两行),一般按音节间断开单词加连字号(例如:ha-ppy,不可断为hap-py)。注意不要把单个字母留在行尾或行首;一页中最后一个单词不能使用连字号将其置于两页。

连字号前后一般都没有空格,除非两个复合形容词分隔开来,如two- and three-digit numbers, a ten-car or-truck convoy, sloping right- or leftward

数字和单位组合成复合形容词时,只有单位不缩写才用连字符。

错误:9-mm gap
正确: 9 mm gap

错误:9 millimetre gap
正确:9-millimetre gap

正确:12-hour shift
正确:12 h shift

连接号(en dash,又称短破折号)(–)主要有三个用途:
①表示范围或航班、路线等,相当于tothrough,如pp. 211–19, 64–75%, the 1939–45 war, May–November, Dublin–Belfastroute
②在复合词组中表达不同成分的关系,相当于and, toversus,如Canada–US border, blood–brain barrier, time–altitudegraph, 4–3 win in the opening game, male–female ratio, 3–2 majority verdict, Lincoln–Douglas debate, diode–transistor logic。但在Sino-Japanesetrade中使用连字符,因为Sino-是一个前缀。

在上述两种情况中,连接号前后一般没有空格,但当其组合的成分包括空格时,其前后均有空格。如:the New YorkSydneyflight; the New ZealandSouth Africa grandfinal; June 3, 1888August 18, 1940

破折号(em dash,又称长破折号)(表示中断,主要有两个用途:
①引出插入语,如:Everyoneeven the most practiced and confident of writersshould spend some time preparing for the analytical writing section before arriving at the test center.
②表示思维的突然中断或转移,如:By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity—another man's, I mean. (Mark Twain)

破折号前后没有空格,但有时候用前后加空格的连接号来代替破折号。如:Spaced en dashessuch as herecan be used instead of unspaced em dashes in all of the ways discussed above.

斜线号(slash)(/用来连接两个相关的单词或短语,但两者之间的关系并不明确。如:

A 6-score paper develops the position with compelling reasons and/or persuasive examples.

这里有三种可能性:reasons and examples, reasons alone, examples alone

再如:The parent/instructor must be present at all times.
Must both be present? (Then write the parent and the instructor.)
Must at least one be present? (Then write the parent or the instructor.)
Are they the same person? (Use a hyphen: the parent-instructor.)

斜线号前后可有空格,也可无空格。上面两个例子都是无空格的,有空格的例子如下:

To be or not tobe: that is the question: / Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer / The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune(当诗或歌词的句子没有用段落分隔时,用带空格的斜线号分隔)

the NY 31east / NY 370 exit(连接的成本本身包含空格)

前三者在形式上的差别是:连字符宽度为一个英文字符,连接号的宽度大致相当于字母n,破折号的宽度大致相当于两个连字符,长度依次递增。

I.冒号、破折号与圆括弧

冒号、破折号与圆括弧都可以用来引导解释性成份,但有所差别。

①分隔能力和正式性不同:分隔能力最强的是圆括弧,其次是破折号,最差的是冒号;最正式的是冒号,其次是破折号,最差的是圆括弧。

②在引导解释性成份时,冒号一般用来列举,只解释离它最近的名词;破折号和圆括弧则灵活一些。

病句:Your dedicated whittler requires: a knife, a piece of wood, and a back porch.
修改:Your dedicated whittler requires three props: a knife, a piece of wood, and aback porch.

病句:Understanding is that penetrating qualityof knowledge that grows from: theory, practice, conviction, assertion, error, and humiliation.
修改:Understanding is that penetrating qualityof knowledge that grows from theory, practice, conviction, assertion, error, and humiliation.

病句:The rear axle began to make a noise: it sounded like a grinding, chattering, teeth-gritting rasp.
修改:The rear axle began to make a noise: a grinding, chattering, teeth-gritting rasp.

The rear axle began to make a noisea grinding, chattering, teeth-gritting rasp.

The rear axle began to make a noise (a grinding, chattering, teeth-gritting rasp).

The rear axle began to make a noiseit sounded like a grinding, chattering,teeth-gritting rasp.

The rear axle began to make a noise (it sounded like a grinding, chattering,teeth-gritting rasp).

以下Issue题目的破折号表列举:

Issue34 “Instead of requiring students to take courses in a variety of disciplines—that is, courses ranging from the arts and the humanities to the physical and biological sciences—colleges and universities should allow students to enroll only in those courses that will help prepare them for jobs in their chosen fields. Such concentration is necessary in today's increasingly work-oriented society.”

Issue70 "In any profession—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years. The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership."

Issue108 "In many countries it is now possible to turn on the television and view government at work. Watching these proceedings can help people understand the issues that affect their lives. The more kinds of government proceedings—trials, debates, meetings, etc—that are televised, the more society will benefit."

Issue116 "With the growth of global networks in such areas as economics and communication, there is no doubt that every aspect of society—including education, politics, the arts, and the sciences—will benefit greatly from international influences."

Issue118 "In any field of endeavor—the sciences, the humanities, the social sciences, industry, etc.—it is not the attainment of a goal that matters, but rather the ideas and discoveries that are encountered on the way to the goal."

Issue123 "It is possible to identify a person's politics within a very short time of meeting him or her. Everything about people—their clothes, their friends, the way they talk, what they eat—reflects their political beliefs."

Issue132 "The university community consists of three different worlds—the sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences. Because each world operates on its own assumptions and has its own special habits of thinking, rarely is there meaningful interaction among the sciences,the humanities, and the social sciences."

③破折号和圆括弧可以表示思维的突然中断或转移,冒号则不能。

病句:The human race has survived, and the planet seems to have replenished itself: there are fish, oceans, forests, but what kind of society exists in 2195?
修改:The human race has survived, and the planet seems to have replenished itselfthere are fish, oceans, forestsbut what kind of society exists in 2195?

The human race has survived, and the planet seems to have replenished itself (there are fish, oceans, forests) but what kind of society exists in 2195?

④破折号、圆括弧和逗号可以引入插入语,冒号则不能。在此用法上,圆括弧会严重削弱强调作用,逗号会削弱强调作用,如要强调插入的句子成份,则要用破折号。

His first thought on getting out of bed—if he had any thought at all—was to get back in again.

以下Issue题目的破折号在句中表插入、强调:

Issue60 "The media—and society in general—mistakenly expect an individual to speak for a particular group,whether or not that individual truly represents the views of the entiregroup."

Issue63 "To truly understand your own culture—no matter how you define it—requires personal knowledge of at least oneother culture, one that is distinctly different from your own."

Issue99 "In any realm of life—whether academic, social, business, or political—the only way to succeed is to take apractical, rather than an idealistic, point of view. Pragmatic behavior guarantees survival, whereas idealistic views tend to be superceded by simpler, more immediate options."

Issue185 "Scandals—whether in politics,academia, or other areas—can be useful. They focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could."

Issue190 "As long as people in a society are hungry or out of work or lack the basic skills needed to survive, the use of public resources to support the arts is in appropriate—and, perhaps, evencruel—when one considers all the potential uses of such money."

Issue213 "Too much emphasis has been placed on the need for students to challenge the assertions of others. In fact, theability to compromise and work with others—that is, the ability to achieve social harmony—should be a major goal in every school."

Issue218 "In order for any work of art—whether film, literature, sculpture, or a song—to have merit, it must be understandable to most people."

Issue219 "Now that computer technology has made possible the rapid accessing of large amounts of factual information, people are less likely than ever to think deeply or originally. They feel unable to compete with—much less contribute to—the quantity of information thatis now available electronically."

Issue228 "The best way to teach—whether as an educator, employer, or parent—is to praise positive actions and ignore negativeones."

Issue230"College students—and people in general—prefer to follow directions rather than make their own decisions. Therefore, colleges should eliminate as many choices as possible inorder to offer students clear direction."

Issue235 "Most people are taught that loyaltyis a virtue. But loyalty—whether to one's friends, to one's school or place of employment, or to any institution—is all too often a destructive rather than apositive force."

Issue237 "Computers and video technology can make facsimiles of original works such as paintings and historical documents available to everyone. The great advantage of this new technology is that it will enable anyone—not just scholars—to conduct in-depth research without having access to the original works."

⑤破折号可以引入句子的总结强调部分,而冒号和圆括弧都不能。

The increasing reluctance of the sun to rise, the extra nip in the breeze, the patter of shed leaves droppingall the evidences of fall drifting into winter were clearer each day.

以下Issue题目的破折号在句尾表总结、强调:

Issue25 “Anyone can make things bigger and more complex. What requires real effort and courage is to move in the opposite direction—in other words, to make things as simple as possible.”

Issue47 “Society does not place enough emphasis on the intellect—that is, on reasoning and other cognitive skills.”

Issue179 "What most human beings really want to attain is not knowledge, but certainty. Gaining real knowledge requires taking risks and keeping the mind open—but most people prefer to be reassured rather than to learn the complex and often unsettling truth about anything."

Issue201 "The purpose of education should be to provide students with a value system, a standard, a set of ideas—not to prepare them for a specific job."

⑥冒号可以用来连接两个分句,其中后一个分句解释或详述前一个,而圆括弧和破折号则不能。

But even so, there was a directness and dispatch about animal burial: there was no stop over in the undertaker's foul parlor, no wreath or spray.

⑦在引出同位语时,破折号比逗号更引人注目,同时又不像圆括弧一样断断续续。但在同位语位于句末时,一般用逗号、冒号而不用破折号。

Wikipediaone of the most popular web siteshas the information you need.

病句:We are studying and living at the famous universityPeking University.
修改:We are studying and living at the famous university, Peking University.

⑧破折号还用于不完整的句子或引语的结尾,用于表示中断,冒号和圆括弧则不能。

J.省略号

一般而言,英文省略号为三个圆点,与汉语不同。此省略号无论出现在句首、句中、还是句尾,都是表示单词的省略。其前后都不用空格,若在句尾,则为四个黑点,最后一个黑点为句号。此外,表示段落或整行词句的省略,须使用一整行黑点。
还有一种省略号为一个圆点,代表省略的单词。如:Mar.代表March.

K.出版物

英文没有中文的书名号,在印刷体中,一般书名用斜体,论文名加引号。在GRE作文考试时,由于没法编辑斜体,我们可以用引号将出版物(不管是书籍还是论文)名字上加引号,以示区别。

病句: While she is readingGone With the Wind, I am cooking.
修改: While she is reading Gone with the Wind, I am cooking.
已有 2 人评分声望 收起 理由
Dionysos + 1
moonandwind604 + 1 获益良多~~辛苦了~

总评分: 声望 + 2   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-6-11
精华
帖子

AW活动特殊奖

板凳
发表于 2009-4-19 15:46:44 |只看该作者
指代和破折号这两点赶出比较深……
Queen’s U手册完成第一版。
飞友QQ群大集合、资料及信息统计

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-4-12
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2009-4-19 20:03:15 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 yhwz 于 2009-4-19 20:05 编辑

太谢谢了lz,认识了自己很多错误 囧
只是很弱的问下,破折号怎麽打?跟連接號一樣的麽?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-1-16
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-4-20 09:09:54 |只看该作者
太谢谢了lz,认识了自己很多错误 囧
只是很弱的问下,破折号怎麽打?跟連接號一樣的麽?
yhwz 发表于 2009-4-19 20:03

在word中,连打两个--,前后不空格直接写单词,--会自动更正为破折号;

在文本中或考试时,连打两个--就可以。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-3-28
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-4-26 01:07:23 |只看该作者
LZ,你写的这些太好了!!!能不能把这些word打包给我啊,我要打印~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-4-12
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-4-26 17:38:58 |只看该作者
:loveliness:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-1-16
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-6-15 09:33:40 |只看该作者
补充:

注:①有些现在分词和过去分词已具有介词或连词的性质,由它们组成的词组作状语时其逻辑主语和整个句子的主语不必保持一致。如:
Regarding the case,he knew nothing.

常见的这类分词有:
admitting that(conj.confessing that,承认)
assuming that(conj.if,假定)
barring(prep.except,除……以外,除非)
considering(prep.in view of...,having regard of...鉴于,就……而论)
concerning(prep.about,关于)
excepting(prep.&conj.leaving out,excluding,-often after not,always,without,除……之外,包括)
failing(prep.in default of..., in the absence of... 若缺少……时,如果没有)
owing to(prep.because of...,on account of...,因为……,由于……)
providing /provided that(conj.on condition that,假若,倘使)
regarding(prep.with reference to...,about,关于,有关)
seeing that(conj.in view of the fact that; considering,鉴于…的事实,由…的缘故)

②有些分词或分词短语可用来表示说话人的态度或看问题的角度,已转变为独立成份,含有"泛指"之意,在句中常作插入语,此时这些分词或分词短语的逻辑主语可以不必和全句的主语保持一致。如:
Judging from his appearance,he looks like an old doctor.

常见的这类分词短语有:

frankly speaking 老实地说,坦率地说

generally speaking 一般地说

strictly speaking 严格地说

properly speaking 确切地说来

talking or taken one with another 总地看来

taken as a whole 总地来说

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-1-16