注册时间
2011-7-3
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-9-14 23:23:42 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 sallyremy 于 2011-9-14 23:27 编辑

91420100924NA College or University should offer more preparation before graduates start working.

(450words)

In modern society, graduates usually face great pressure to find suitable jobs when they leave colleges or universities. Every year, statistics reveal that thirty to fifty percent of graduates cannot be admitted to corporations which they satisfy. In order to improve this situation, colleges and universities are required to offer some preparation before graduates start working. These preparation include favorable faculties, holding job fairs and career service.

Favorable faculties should be prepared by universities because they can bring practical experience in enterprises to the courses. Their knowledge conveyed caters to what corporations require of employees. Take the course International Trade as an example, my teacher is retired from a multinational trade company this semester. In the class, he often brings sample documents of international trade such as letter of credit and bills of exchange in his former company to show us how these documents are applied in the real business occasions. Furthermore, he illustrates the theory and trade terms on the textbook with actual examples occurred in his company before to make us well understood. Faculties rich in experience in his research field tend to involve the latest information in the field which helps graduates to be familiar with corporations.

Moreover, colleges and universities should hold job fairs to attract various corporations to recruit graduates. In last year's job fair in Shanghai and Guangzhou, thousands of graduates rush in the fair like always. Although many of them deliver resumes to a lot of corporations, only a small proportion of them can finally achieve job offers. The reason is that many students do not precisely know their positions and what kind of jobs fit them. Instructors in colleges or universities, on the other hand, have a good insight in students' ability and major as well as in corporation's credit. Therefore, they can select suitable job vacancies and reliable corporations to hold job fairs inside universities for graduates to apply for.

Finally, career service is probably the most useful service that colleges or universities can offer to help graduates to find satisfactory jobs. I went to the career service in our university last semester in order to find an internship. The instructors there was very enthusiastic and gave me an advice to go to international trade company because my major was in this field. In addition, the instructors recommended several companies which seniors in our university work in. After consulting, I emailed these seniors through the contact way they left in the career service and was informed of the job requirements in these companies. In the end, I achieved satisfied internship offer.

In conclusion, colleges and universities should prepare graduates with favorable faculties, job fairs and career service before they start working.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-1-3
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2011-9-15 22:31:26 |只看该作者
1# sallyremy
改好了,呵呵