帖子
发表于 2010-1-2 22:14:09 |只看该作者

1-2 备考日志

呼~~落下好几天了~~期末了~加油!
1-2
原文:
https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1047481&extra=&page=1
Comments
ActuallyI'm fervently anticipate the release of "Avatar". Because a spate of highly evaluations have been spread out. Contrast to the worries from the author, I found that the market of cinema in China recovers from the recession these days. When I was still in the middle school, I heard a piece of news that reported the poor conditions of cinemas in China. At that time, people tended to watch VCD or DVD of movies at home because of the low costs. Almost half of the cinemas couldn't meet the end and have to close. As the spread of computers and Internet, watching movies online seems to be a fashion. Sometimes we could watch the latest ones online before the movies unspool in the mainland of China. Also, we could choose the most valuable and highly-praised movies and watch them in cinema. Although we have more methods to watch movies, the best way to appreciate a good movie is still watching it in cinema taking the quality of graphic and acoustic effect into consideration. And the high-tech which is widely used in the movies attracts more audiences to enjoy the visual pleasures in the cinema. And the prices of movies could be accepted nowadays which gives access to the rank and file to enter the cinema and share the happiness with others. Thus, in my viewpoint, the prosperousness of the movie market will remain in recent years. Because it could fill people's lives with entertainment which satisfied modern people in such a competitive society.

错字
Prosperousity----prosperousness 繁荣 bloom
Competetive---competitive 竞争的

好词
cryptic 神秘的
triumph 凯旋,胜利
vitascope 老式放映机
agility灵活,敏捷
actuate驱动
exclusive right 专有权
ferociously野蛮的
rig操纵,装配
obsessively 痴痴地,着迷地
captivate迷住,吸引
break into enthusiastic applause突然给予热情的掌声
credits演职员名单
linger 消磨,缓慢度过,徘徊
solitary 孤独的,独居的
communal 公共的
jumping-off point出发点,起点
for starters首先,从……开始=as a starter
profound深深的
bleeding-edge =cutting-edge
shot
moviegoer常看电影的人
changeover逆转,转变
bluntly坦率的
bright light 强光
fervently诚心的
battered 磨损的
thwart阻碍
repertory全部剧目,仓库
threadbare磨破的
rear projection背面投影
radically根本上的
decay衰退
quintessentially标准地,典型地
a spate of 一阵
cinephile影迷
spatially空间上的
contemplate冥思苦想
hand-held devices手提式的设备
bet 打赌
placement人员配置
fall under one's sway受到……的影响
Perch位于,栖息

Useful sentences

1. But first I want to fast-forward to a recent night when, at a movie theater rigged for 3-D projection, I saw James Cameron’s “Avatar” with an audience that watched the screen with the kind of fixed attention that has become rare at the movies.

2.“Avatar” affirms the deep pleasures of the communal, and it does so by exploiting a technology (3-D), which appears to invite you into the movie even as it also forces you to remain attentively in your seat.

3.“Avatar” serves as a nice jumping-off point to revisit how movies and our experience of them have changed.

4. Bluntly put, something is happening before our eyes.

5. Sontag’s essay inspired a spate of similarly themed if often less vigorous examinations: Google the words “death of cinema,” and you get more than 2.5 million hits.

6. Generations of cinephiles fell in love with the object of their obsession while flopped on the floor, basking in the glow of the family television.

阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-2 23:23:52 |只看该作者

1-2 备考日志

1-1
原文:https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/thread-1047217-1-1.html
Comment:
This article draws a picture that in 2010 the government of Canada will start to explore the Far North. This area was considered as a forgotten frontier.
While
a plenty of money would bring vigorousness and energy in economy and science research. Why does the government suddenly pay attention to this area? In my view, that's the great benefit which many countries are eager to achieve attracts the government. As the global warming, sea ice is melt down and more scope for mineral and fossil-fuel exploration. Abundant resources could bring great economical benefits to the country which the resources belong to. But these countries have no responsibilities for the whole world. They broke the promise that they made before in the emission of greenhouse gas. However, they compelled other developing countries to control their emission strictly at the same time. I just want to say no one is the master of the earth. All what we do today is for giving a bright future for the whole human beings.

aboriginal 土著居民
quaint 离奇的
Inuit因纽特
fishing fleet渔船队
overhaul彻底检修
cost overrun 成本超支
patrol ship巡逻船
submarine潜水艇
roam漫游
rifle来福枪
outfit装备
traverse穿越
delineation描述
sort out 清理,挑选出,解决
Kyoto climate-change protocol京都议定书
pledge保证
阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-3 17:14:30 |只看该作者

1-3 备考日志

1-3
这篇文章怎么感觉比外国人写的还难懂……有点找不到感觉~~
原文:https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/forum-23-1.html
Comment:
This article talks about what is the nature of life. In ancient times, people are divided into two types according the pursuit of righteousness or gain. However, these two types could not involve every one. In the viewpoint of the author, he concludes that what should be pursuit during one's life is creating. I agree with this point. No matter what we possess, the things alone could not bring any happiness to us. However, the happiness we enjoy is from the process that we create something that we desire. No matter whether it could be approved by other people, we treasure the special experience that we create it. As the well-known psychologist Dr. Maslow concluded, the most important need of human beings is self-actualization. That's the origin of happiness of human being which always promotes the development of human society.
错字  
Artical---article  文章(我好二~~)
Anticient—ancient 古老的
Creat—create 创造
righteousness 正直,正义,公正
utter表达,发出
hypocrite伪君子
fig leaf 遮羞布,无花果树叶
pedant书呆子,学究,卖弄学问的人
pass for 被认为,假扮,冒充
nosedive俯冲,暴跌,急降,低落
scramble for勉强拼凑,争夺
loom隐现
exclusive patent专有的
vogue word 时髦词
boost促进,增加
mock at嘲笑,嘲弄
human touch人性化,人类接触,人情味
compassion同情,怜悯
nostalgic 怀旧的
redeem 赎回,补偿,挽回,恢复
salvage抢救,海上救助
preach说道,劝诫
coin杜撰
yoke束缚
utilitarian 功利的
exertion运用
crystal clear极其明白,十分清楚,完全透明
social intercourses社交礼仪
complacency自鸣得意的
peasant乡下人,农民
enshrine把……奉为神圣,铭记,珍藏
Bernard Shaw 萧伯纳
quandary困惑
ponder深思
no other than 只有,就是
stranded搁浅
tedium单调,乏味
place a premium on 诱发
premium奖金,保险费
haunt困扰

You do not five for the doctrines you believe in or the materials you possess.不太理解~~~
阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-5 00:36:07 |只看该作者

1-4 备考日志

1-4
原文:https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1048419&extra=&page=1
Comment
According to my comprehending of this article, all happened in the world are inevitable. Even fleeting instant has been watched by the God from his eternal view. Although we feel that we have free will, all the outcomes are controlled by our own will. If we try our best to do one thing, we could gain what we need. Actually, that's not true at all. Everything has been arranged in proper orders. For us, we just play roles in the God's play. All the scene and plot have been edited by God. From my viewpoint, I couldn't agree with this point thoroughly. Although I thought that everything had been arranged by our fates and we performed different roles to show the various destiny. However, this point seems to be too pessimistic which couldn't encourage people to work hard and enjoy their life. We still have power to decide our own future, even though we just cheat ourselves in this way.

错字
Sence---Scene
情景

Throughtoutly---throughout/thoroughly

insofar as 在……范围
divine牧师,神学家,神圣的,记号的
have some inkling of 对……略有所知
embrace包含
simultaneously同时地
dictum格言
posit假设
cease to be 不再是
perpetual永久的
fleeting飞逝的
omnipresent无所不在的
foreknowledge先见之明
vantage point有利位置
inevitable不可避免的,必然的
otherwise than 与……不同

tantamount to
相当于

abruptly突然地
mete out 给与
deceive欺骗,糊弄

Aristotle says, time had no beginning and has no ending and extends into infinity.
阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-31
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-8 11:22:16 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-8 23:30:46 |只看该作者
呼~好几天没来了~被期末考试,各种杂事整的发狂,现在想想AW也就在不远处~~急呀~不过还是要先顾好我的期末考~为了我的GPA,为了我梦中的国奖~~~呼~~~
继续复习去~
阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-16 10:18:25 |只看该作者
祝考试顺利哦~唉 我们学医的就是 不容易啊 %>_<%

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-17 23:37:46 |只看该作者
回来了~~先冒个头~~
明天打算补作业,回家一天,后天再回来学校!
这下要全力奋战了!
听Adam说明天晚上要开会,但愿草版不要清人呀~~怕怕,真的是没办法~
加油!!!!
阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-18 10:50:47 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-18 22:02:44 |只看该作者

1-18 备考日志

1-18
原文:
https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1052114&page=1#pid1773522489
Comment:
The topic today discusses the devoid of faith in American youth, which urged the councils of education in US to make a study about it. To prevent this trends, the committee encourages schools could mell the religion with other curriculums. From this passage, we could see that the value of religions for US citizens in their society. Because of the diversity of American religions, it also brings a tough topic for the committee to balance it. As a result, they proposed to teach the Golden Rule of all religions but not those from specific religions.
While, this topic informed me the situation in China where announces that everyone has his/her freedom to choose his/her faith or religion. In fact, this rule seems to be just written on the paper without any practical value. We still accept the same education of so called "Politics" from the primary school to the graduate school. No one could avoid these useless required courses. That's the freedom we actually have.
In my mind, the youth in China have to face the same problem that US youth have. The young have no faith or belief which makes them feel frustrated and confused frequently in their lives. In the generation of our parents, they admired Chairman MAO as their spiritual idol, and they were encouraged by MAO's quotations. For us, pop singers seem to replace MAO as our idols. However, that raised a question that the bad behaviors of them would bring great negative influences on the young which is also urges the education system to take actions on this issue.
错字
Curiiculums—curriculum
Belif—belief
Quotion—quotation
Rasied—raise
make no law doing不得立法侵犯
beyond debate 无可争辩
deplore悲叹
Founding Fathers 开国元勋
unmentionable不轻易说出口的事情
Golden Rule
water-down 用水稀释了的
rests on 依靠,依赖
be second to 对于……是次要的
great secular世典
split off 分离
tonic补药
splendid isolation光荣孤立
抽象句型
A rests on B. A依赖于B,A是B
A is second to B.A对于B是次要的
阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-19 10:03:29 |只看该作者

1-19 备考日志

1-5
原文链接:https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/thread-1048748-1-1.html
Comment:
In this debate, two deans explicit their opinions about the role of business school under the situation of economic crisis. In the viewpoint of Santiago, he thinks that management is extremely demanded from different fields and business schools also help the government to cultivate many administration regulators. As the economic situation changing all the time, the regulators or others need to go back to business school and update their knowledge. And the business researchers also need to establish new theory or correct the old ones to make it adapt to current condition.
While, Paul thinks that the MBA courses even the finance condition have no changes after the economic crisis. The old Golden Rule still has its great value to deal with the problems that we get in trouble nowadays. Despite of basic knowledge of business, the business school always inculcate students how to adapt their mental attitude when they face the tough issues that never happened before and exert the old rules and models to conquer them.

Although two deans have different standpoints in whether business schools should have changes after the recession, they still share an idea that teamwork need to be more emphasized, which plays key roles in all fields especially in business.

错字:
Emphasise-emphasize

economic crisis 金融危机
explicit明确的,清楚的
launch new product 投放新的产品
entrepreneurship courses创业课程
grind磨损
subtle nuanced 微妙的,精细的,细小的
contemplate深思熟虑
mindset心态
esoteric秘传的,深奥难懂的
overtly公然地
hypnotise对……催眠
hook up 接洽妥当
inculcate教育,教授
lobby groups 游说团体
rally the troops重整军队,重振雄风
elitism 精英主义
arrogance自大,傲慢
supervision监督,管理
recurrent 周期性的
pendulum钟摆

好句
1. Not only must they be solid in terms of their research skills and teaching skills, they should also be able to interface with the top management.
2. Practice can hypnotise you into using old models and old ways of thinking.
3. History is very recurrent and we are attending again a move of the pendulum.
阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-19 11:15:30 |只看该作者

1-19 备考日志

1-6
原文:https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1049212&extra=page%3D1%26amp%3Bfilter%3Dtype%26amp%3Btypeid%3D280
Comment
Scientists are trying to find another earth-sized object by exerting the method of seeking the transit of the object. Actually, I don't think that it is possible to find another one to replace the earth in short term. When seeking ones, we need to take many valuable parameters such as the distance from the sun, temperature, atmosphere, gravity and water-existence into consideration to meet all the needs for human to survive. But the facts tell us that it is not a easy case.
Why do human beings try to find another planet all the time? It might be a way to run away from the bad behaviors that people had conducted before. In order to make a high-speed development, environment and natural resources were sacrificed as counters. Instead of changing their behaviors, human beings are trying to find another place so as to move to it when the earth could not bear the burden. As we all known, we only have one earth. There couldn't be any other planet in solar system that is decent for human to live in. The most practical method is protecting our environment and living harmonious with nature on the earth.

错字
Astomosphere—atmosphere
Sacrified-sacrificed
Bahaviors—behavior
Pratical—practical

Words:
putative 推定的,假定的
Mercury水星
wobble 摆动
decent得体的,恰当的
Jupiter木星
Neptune海王星
peculiar罕见的
turn up出现
in earnest 诚挚的,认真的

好句
None of these discoveries favours the underlying reason why planet-hunting is such a popular sport—the hope that, one day, a life-bearing planet will turn up.
抽象句型
None of A favors the underlying reason why B.
A中没有任何可以支持为什么B的原因。
阳光,微笑,我喜欢~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-1-19 12:11:27 |只看该作者

1-19 备考日志

1-7
原文:https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1049364&extra=page%3D1%26amp%3Bfilter%3Dtype%26amp%3Btypeid%3D280%26amp%3Borderby%3Ddateline
Comment
Actually, I cannot comprehend throughout this article. It is full of complexity for me to understand the plot in the books. Thus, I just talk about the attitude that I hold for love and marriage. There are thousands people say that marriage is the tomb of love. I extremely disagree with this ridiculous opinion. Marriage is a kind of promise between lovers to share sorrow and happiness in the coming life. Also it informs both sides to take responsibility for each other and their love. The true love should have none change before or after getting marriage. And also nuptial is the happiest time that one should have for his/her life. For me, having a happy family and true lover is much important than any other thing in my life. The feeling of being loved is the greatest time that I have experienced. I hope we would have a fairy-tale ending for our life. Ha~~

Words:
marital 婚姻的
ambivalence矛盾情绪
sordid肮脏的
butcher屠杀
introspection反省,自省
reluctant 不情愿的
vehemently 激烈地
wary谨慎的
Uncle Sam美国的代称
henchman追随者
impetus 促进,冲力,动力