寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-19
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-11-22 20:58:37 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
I strongly agree with the speaker’s assertion that no singnificant events and trends in histoy could be accomplished only by the famous few, but the endeavor of groups of others who are generally ignored. I concede that an individual might also make some difference, but to raise huge waves in history, one’s power is far from enough, no matter how strong it is. I state my points of view on two aspects—great movements and invention-creations in history. As discussed below.
I admit that in any great movements a core leader is requisite. After all, it is him who put forward their appeal to public, then agitate them and strive for solidarity among members of the group. However, consider how a leader’s goal can be reached without anyone to follow him—this would drive all his or her endeavor in vain and inexorably prove his failure as a leader. Moreover, to realize the collective dream, a leader mustn’t neglect populace’s strength, or dream will go by contrary. Since if a leader stray off the original path for self profits or temptations, it is the members’ role to correct him or even impeach him. One example aptly illustrate this point is the failure of Taiping movement in China. This movement was a great success at first—it contributed casting down Feudalism Qing Dynasty. But later an internal conflict happened in its leading group, leaders turned to fight for their own selfish purpose, and soon leaded the ever brilliant movement into grave.
As a brilliant scientist in history, Newton once said, “If I have seen further than Descartes, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.” So I hold the view that even achievements of individuals cannot isolated from others’ assistance. Two examples aptly illustrate this view involve the fields of discovery on physics and artistic creation.
Consider how a physicist’s historic discovery is enhaced by not only other scientists on physics but also mathematicists and computer engineers. The fundamental knowledge a physicist learnt at early age is the discovery of predecessers, who also made the discovery on the basis of their predecessers, and so on. To solve complex calculations in research, formulars that mathematicists studied out would help. However, processing huge numbers of datas is nearly impossible to be accomplished by written calculation, so computer technology works. So it is, without the foregoing help, a physical discovery might hardly come out.
Artistic creations are also singnificantly and closely combined with other works. It is widly known that many famous paintings and sculpture are describing historical events and religious legends. Such as Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper and Michelangelo’s David. In modern society, artists should still study artifice from teachers before starting their own creative work.
In the final analysis, no matter great movements or indicidual’s invention-creations, singanificant events and trends in history cannot be accomplished only relying on the famous few, many more others’ contribution also counts. They shouldn’t be forgotten on our way to an advanced future.
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: ISSUE48 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子