注册时间
2010-6-27
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-8-5 13:49:29 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
第一次写,轻拍~

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Younger school children (ages five to ten) should be required to study art and music in addition to math, science, history and language.

To increase the development of society is the ultimate goal of education, but when it comes to talk about the approaches to reach the goal, different people holds different opinions. Many people believe that younger school children should be required to study art and music, while others do not. As far as I am concerned, I sopport the former one.

Admittedly, those courses, such as math, science, etc, are fundamental, but not sufficient.
Art and music chould also teach children lessons that they will not learn in classes. In order to understand one piece of works of a master, younger children should be taught the knowledge about the background and the relative information and the master’s own experience. Through learning these, children could learn the history at that moment and it is also possible for them to learn the artists’ and musicians’ persistence, which is the treasure that could never be obtained in math, science, history and language. For example, as we all know, Beethoven, the greastest composer of his day, began to lose his hearing in 1801. But he still insisted on working after he was deaf and wrote his glorious and outstanding 5th symphony. Children can be encouraged by his experience and will never give up when they face difficulties.

Furthermore, teaching younger children art and music is essential since they will show their interests and talents on these courses at their early age and they have plenty of time to practise and increase their ability. If they are not major in art and music in the future, there is no daubt that they will have less time to be engaged in studying art and music due to study pressure and so on. I would like to take my neighbour as an example. She was taught to play piano when she was six, and was able to play some melodies created by herself. Now she works for the Nation Orchestra and always has a opportunity to give a solo. Besides, she has traveled many countries to give her perfomance and gained a lot of respect. So it is clear that art and music could give younger children a chance to improve themselves and maybe help them find their career.

Last, but not the least, younger children will gain a great sense of asthetics, which could be applied to build a harmonious society. Therefore, learning these courses could benefit not only younger children themselves but also the whole society. To sum up, from my perspective, art and music are crutial in children’s early education.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-25
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-8-6 13:31:06 |只看该作者
attachment~
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册