注册时间
2010-9-1
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-9-4 18:49:28 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 sophie-zy 于 2010-9-4 18:51 编辑

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If you do not make sure other people (especially influential people or your employers) know about your strengths and accomplishments, you will never get successful in life

Once I was reading a book named How to Sell Yourself, written by the best-selling author Joe Girard.It reveals that no matter what field you are in,you need to market yourself and let others know you.Numerous people choose to believe in this principle,even some one argue that if you do not make sure other people know about your strengths and accomplishments,you will never get successful in life. For me,this is an exaggeration.As far as I am concerned,no one can attribute one’s success to one factor, knowing by others just plays a important but not only role in success.

There is no doubt that making sure other people know about our strengths and accomplishments will give us more opportunities to undertake some complicated works.While I think it means both opportunity and challenge.On the one hand,if we do have the ability to make it,we may get more and more trust and appreciation,and then it’s a virtuous circle.Consequently,we may succeed.On the other hand,if we are not competitive to figure it out as we have not enough accumulation of professional skills or working experience,it is easy to give others an impression that we are that kind of person who say a lot than what he/she has done.As result,we may lose chances.Based on this consideration,not only should we focus our energies on showing others our strengths and accomplishements,but also concentrate on improving ourselves.

What’s more, we have to take the defination of “successful life” into account.Some people may be dreamed of succeeding tremendously with a run.I tend to believe enjoying the process of success and valuing our own defination of it,that is the inner growing up(内心的成长). To some degree, letting others know our abilities,especially the infuential people or our employers will accelerate the pace winning success. We may climb to the top of the mountain earlier than our peers. Envious as it is,there is still some potential risks.It is easy to open a shop but hard to keep it always open.

In addition,it’s better for us to rethink about how to measure the success, billions of money, honorable status, quite a prestige and reputation? If it is ture,then maybe just rare persons can get it.How about the rest large amont of people?Take Van Goah for example, as we all know, when he was alive,no body appreciated his works and he has little money.However, I believe that the motivation for him to stick for art is the success of self-worth.How can we say he is a failure?I t was answeared by his invaluable master pieces and great influences when he was dead. Hence,we have to see the far-reaching benefit and know what we believe in,not just focus on the moment and chase the ordinary defination of success.

Just as Schiller said An opportunity is like a rough stone which can only have a new life in the hands of a sculptor.”Knowing by others is a double-edged sword,what we can do is to concentrate on cultivating our comprehensive qualities and make ourself more competitive.Every dog has his day,but not every one can grasp it in time. What’s most,never lose ourselves in others’ praise and blame!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-19
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-9-6 23:23:26 |只看该作者
1# sophie-zy 再发一次感叹:美文啊!美文!
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-19
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-9-7 21:06:01 |只看该作者
1# sophie-zy sophie-zy组员同学你好!劳烦改一下我的拙作哈!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-9-1
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2010-9-7 21:09:04 |只看该作者
3# bbliang

呵呵~~不好意思啦~因为之前一直没看到新的作业,所以就没怎么上网…………我马上改~~嘿嘿~不好意思啦~~~~

使用道具 举报