寄托币
注册时间
2008-11-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-4-10 21:15:07 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
In the era of the rapid development of the technology and science, it's necessary for the faculty of college and university to pay more attention to the quality of instruction. Then someone suggests that all faculties should spend time working outside the academic world in professions relevant to the courses they teach. This opinion is highly valued in nowadays society but may be too absolute in some degrees.

The society that we lived is an age of knowledge changed quickly, every day there are new technology, new methods, new ideology producing like the bamboo after the spring rain. For example, we connect with each other by the phone and the letter, but now days we used the computer to change information. The knowledge of the textbook that used in the class taught to the students so old that the students may be behind of the new world. Since the development and trends of the society will be reflected in practice, the faculty should go out to take some practical work and increase their pragmatic experience, and then the level of the instruction at the college and university will be improved too.

Further more, do some practical work can expend the view of the life and make good use of the knowledge of the textbooks in the real world. Take my major, biology as am example. I have taken many courses about the pharmacology, but when going to the workshop I find that I don't know how to operate. With the new technology and methods the students can adjust to the need of the society better and cooperate with their companies easier. Moreover, in order to make fewer students consider that most knowledge they studied at the colleges is useless and dull, some practical course should be put into the day-to-day education.

However, when the faculties spend too much time to the work outside the academic world, the energy they focus on the theoretical research will be reduced correspondingly.
If they pay more attention to earn money by taking pragmatic work instead of instruct the students, the quality of instruction at the college and university will not be improved but descended. In this aspect, the suggestion that the faculty should be required to work outside the academic is dangerous.

In conclusion, working outside the academic world will bring the students into the real society, provide them interactive studying atmosphere and adjust them to the life early, otherwise, the courses that got at the college and university is basic for the practical working. Either of this two parts is supplement to each other and we should not go too extreme. The best way is to find a balance between them and improve the instruction more effectively with the practical working experience.
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: Issue50 第一次仿写的习作,麻烦好心人给修改意见 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子