注册时间
2009-1-11
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-1-13 00:13:56 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
第一次写作文,麻烦大家指导~

112 100130NA Do you agree that the government should support the scientific research even it has no practical use.1 X& @8 U/ n7 \
B
Nowadays, it is common that government invests a lot on the research that has practical use. However, should government support the research without practical use? In my opinion, the answer is yes. It is because of the possibility of future use, the promotion of other experiments, and the effect of attracting more talented scientists.
Firstly, the scientific research without practical use now may have use in the future. Let’s take John Forbes Nash, Jr. for example. Nash’s postgraduate dissertation was about non-cooperative games. How would a study on games be of any practical use? However, the game theory turned out to be widely used years later in market economics, computing, politics and even won him a Nobel prize in economics. There are a lot of scientific researches like the game theory. If the government doesn’t support such researches, many significant science discoveries won’t be found.
Secondly, even though some scientific researches don’t have practical use, they can promote other experiments. Specifically, there are always some data and graphs out of the previous experiments. They may be useful to the experiments afterwards. Furthermore, there may be some equations and theories made out of the previous experiment and they can also be used in other calculations.
Thirdly, if government supports experiments regardless of its practical use, there will be more talented scientists attracted to this country. Since sometimes scientists would like to do some research just out of their interest, not for profit or something else, they prefer to stay in a country where the government can finance them. Thus they would have more freedom and inspiration.
In sum, as the experiments with little practical use may have future use, promote other experiments and help attract more talented scientists to the country, the government should support the these scientific research.

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-12-31
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2012-1-13 05:41:09 |只看该作者
力求两个月二战飞跃

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-12-31
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2012-1-13 05:52:05 |只看该作者
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
力求两个月二战飞跃

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-11
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2012-1-14 09:19:35 |只看该作者
厄,不好意思交迟了~
1月13日 101210NA
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to finish a project completely and then begin a new one than work on two or more projects at the same time.

Nowadays people at work are rushing doing different kinds of projects. Sometimes they do one project at a time and sometimes they do several projects simultaneously. In my opinion, whether or not finish one project at a time or work on two projects simultaneously, depends on circumstances.
It is true that sometimes it is better to focus on one project at a time. Firstly, focusing on only one project leads to good quality. Let’s take my colleague Sam for example. Once close to the end of the year, my boss gave two tasks to him and asked him to finish them before next week. Sam is so anxious that he started to do both of the tasks at the same time. But later he got messed up dealing with those two projects and made a lot of mistakes. However, after he changed his plan to do them one by one, he finished both of them in time and made no more mistakes. Secondly, when people are doing only one project one time, they are highly efficient. My mother likes to cook. Every time she prepares for a dinner, she prefers to cook dishes one by one. She says it is because it would be much quicker and more delicious. Thirdly, focusing on only one project can promise people with good health. As they slow down to finish those tasks, they have a lot more spare time to sleep, to take exercises and to enjoy family get-together. Since they are happier and more relaxed, they are likely to be healthier.
Anyway, it is hardly true that finishing a project completely and then begin a new one is always better than work on two or more projects at the same time. My friend Teresa is serious with every little thing. Once her boss asked her to finish two tasks before next week. She carefully and slowly finished one of them. But when she finished it, she realized that the tasks were due tomorrow. It is impossible to finish the other one in such a short time. She regrets that she should start doing both the tasks. Only in this way, she could finish before the deadline considering her usual working pace.
In fact, it’s neither better nor worse for us to finish a project completely and then begin a new one than work on two or more projects at the same time. It depends on specific circumstance. We should think about the whole schedule carefully, and then make plans accordingly and wisely.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-12-14
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-14 09:43:29 |只看该作者
我的1月13号的,请猛改,谢谢^_^
口语帖https://bbs.gter.net/forum.ph ... =1390223&extra=
听写贴[url=https://bbs.gter.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&t

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-12-14
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-14 10:56:36 |只看该作者
gai wan l, qing can kao, xiexie 4# mlium
口语帖https://bbs.gter.net/forum.ph ... =1390223&extra=
听写贴[url=https://bbs.gter.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&t

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-11-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-14 21:06:07 |只看该作者
4# mlium
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to finish a project completely and then begin a new one than work on two or more projects at the same time.9 f0 W C/ B, T6 u3 w

- r3 l+ X( q) r5 \, h |4 XNowadays people at work are rushing doing different kinds of projects. Sometimes they do one project at a time and sometimes they do several projects simultaneously. In my opinion, whether or not finish one project at a time or work on two projects simultaneously, depends on circumstances.
+ n; a/ ^
1 C( w; O+ P
It is true that sometimes it is better to focus on one project at a time. Firstly, focusing on only one project leads to good quality. Let’s take my colleague Sam for example. Once close to the end of the year, my boss gave two tasks to him and asked him to finish them before next week. Sam is so anxious that he started to do both of the tasks at the same time. But later he got messed up dealing with those two projects and made a lot of mistakes. However, after he changed his plan to do them one by one, he finished both of them in time and made no more mistakes. Secondly, when people are doing only one project one time, they are highly efficient. My mother likes to cook
like to do something是特指某一次,这里应该是like doing sth 表示经常性的). Every time she prepares for不用for了吧 a dinner, she prefers to cook dishes one by one. She says it is because it would be much quicker and more delicious. Thirdly, focusing on only one project can promise people with good health. As they slow down to finish those tasks, they have a lot more spare time to sleep, to take exercises and to enjoy family get-together. Since they are happier and more relaxed, they are likely to be healthier—这个理由咋那么牵强捏?健康这个概念太大了,做一样工作,应该和压力有关吧。.9 o4 G0 y. s$ Z! P4

Anyway, it is hardly true that finishing a project completely and then begin a new one is always better than work on two or more projects at the same time. My friend Teresa is serious with every little thing. Once her boss asked her to finish two tasks before next week. She carefully and slowly finished one of them. But when she finished it, she realized that the tasks were due tomorrow. It is impossible to finish the other one in such a short time. She regrets that she should start doing both the tasks. Only in this way, she could finish before the deadline considering her usual working pace.
(没有说服力啊!!!)我觉得这里可以这么说啊:1.因为每个工作通常都是有联系的,然后当我们做一个工作遇到困难时  我们可能可以从另一个工作上得到灵感。这样有利于我们更好完成工作2.而且当我们持续做一个同样工作会很烦或者frustrated,所以做不一样的工作会让我们更好完成工作。

In fact, it’s neither better nor worse for us to finish a project completely and then begin a new one than work on two or more projects at the same time. It depends on specific circumstance. We should think about the whole schedule carefully, and then make plans accordingly and wisely.

语法我很烂  求高人指点。。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-16 21:04:35 |只看该作者
谢谢楼主的建议:loveliness: 7# lovely_hippo123

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-17 11:40:34 |只看该作者
1月16日 101218NA Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Two persons cannot be friends if one is richer than the other.
People all around the world make friends out of diverse consideration. Some are for fame, some are for success, some are for money, and the rest of us make friends just because we like them. Although friends usually have things in common, like goals, character and such, there are also many differences between them, for example, the property.
Sometimes it is true that two persons cannot be friends if one is richer than the other. They live in different life styles. The richer one may buy clothes from Chanel,watches from ROLEX, and jewelry from Cartier, while the poor one can only afford things with ordinary brands. As they are unfamiliar with each other’s life, they probably don’t have much mutual topics.
Anyway it is hardly true that two persons always cannot be friends if one is richer. First of all, two persons may be attracted to each other’s character and thus become friends. Take an example from the movie Spiderman. Harry Osborn is a handsome rich guy with curly dark brown hair whose father is the president of Osborn Manufacturing Company. Peter Parker is a poor but clever man, with a bit nerd look at first. Harry admires Peter’s talents in study and genuine personality while Peter thinks Harry is funny and wise. Thus they become very good friends. They share daily experience and chat about career goals, sometimes even love affair. Although they have different life styles, they are pleasant to get along with each other. What’s more, if two persons have the same career goals, they can also become good friends. Take an example of Marx and Engels. Marx was from a middle-class family while Engel came from a wealthy family. They were both interested in Philosophy. After Marx was expelled from France by the interior minister, he emigrated to Brussels in Belgium. Engels moved there afterwards. They started to write the famous book , a political pamphlet that has since come to be commonly known as The Communist Manifesto. During their work, they developed their friendship which would last for their life. Sometimes when Marx ran out of money, Engels would lend to him without any hesitation. Eventually, The Communist Manifesto was published. The book laid out the beliefs of the Communist League. My last point is that mutual experience can lead to friendship. When I was in college, I met a roommate who came from a wealthy family. At first, I could get used to her living habits, like having desserts in the afternoon, buying clothes with good brands. I thought that we are persons from two different worlds and I didn’t expect to develop a friendship with her. As time went by, we went through difficulties together, shared important moments together. Friendship was developed between us. I could understand her more than before and was also adapt to her living habits.
In sum, even if one of the two persons was richer than the other, they can still develop a long-lasting friendship.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-17 11:45:00 |只看该作者
觉得写例子的时候想到各种基情。。:L

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-20 12:16:54 |只看该作者
100306NA Some people believe that people should follow their ambitious dreams and goals even they are not realistic, others believe that people should focus on achieving realistic goals.
Nowadays people all around world are fighting for their dreams. They devote themselves to work, taking classes at weekends and such ways to realize their goals. Their life goals vary. Some are quite realistic, while some are not realistic at all. However, in my point of view, life dreams and goals should be set based on reality.
First and foremost, focusing on realistic goals is good for career development. During our career, we need to set goals each period of time to remind us what to do as well as stimulate ourselves. We need to set these goals accordingly, wisely, and realistically. My friend Rosemary is the manager of financial department in an international company. She is a dedicated and ambitious woman. When she just got the position, she set up a series of objectives which were hard to achieve. Everyone in her department worked very hard, but did not finish their assigned projects. They felt so frustrated that they did have the motive to work and some even prepared to resign. Rosemary was a clever woman and she soon figured out what was happening. She encouraged her colleagues and started to make realistic goals. Everyone was so happy to see the changes that they regained their passion for work. At last, Rosemary was promoted to the CFO of the company.
Secondly, setting realistic goals can gain confidence in us. As everyone knows, confidence is significant to us. Without confidence, we won’t believe in ourselves and probably cannot achieve anything. What’s more, we won’t have many friends since people prefer to make friends with those who are confident. There are some ways to build confidence. One of them is to have the sense of achievement. When I was in middle school, I did not study very well at first. I felt I was not funny, intelligent and outgoing. I only have a few friends and I’m not confident at all. At that time, I was fond of a boy in my class. In order to get his notice, I decided to improve my study. I made some goals accordingly and then reach them one by one. As my score was higher and higher, I felt much sense of achievement. Then I was more and more confident in myself. I became outgoing and have more friends than before. Most importantly, I finally have the confidence to talk to the boy. Later on, he became my boyfriend.
However, sometimes it is also beneficial for us to have some unrealistic dreams or goals. Even though we probably can’t achieve these goals, we are passionately struggling everyday to get close to them. In this way, we won’t waste our precious time to play computer games all day or get drunk at the bar now and then. We may felt energetic and find our life is meaningful as we are chasing our dreams.
In sum, even though sometimes it is beneficial to have some unrealistic goals or dreams, as setting realistic goals or dreams is good for career development as well as can gain confidence, we’d better make our goals or dreams based on reality.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-1-20 17:46:23 |只看该作者
修改了一下午,觉得改进了很多,但是还是有些地方不对劲,希望大家帮忙修改。

使用道具 举报

声望