寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-25
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-4-12 18:37:45 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A teacher who is a serious and strict person is more effective in teaching than a teacher who is a humor and easygoing person.

Serious vs humorous

In this world of utilitianism, nothing can escape the fate to be measured in a unique value system based on efficiency, let along the issue of education which is being heatedliy discussed. The convinction gose to a growing number of people that regid teachers are more capable of accomplishing teaching tasks, in terms of efficiency and the outcome, than those who are humorious and easygoing. Although, the strict teachers have enjoyed a higer reputation, they, as far as I’m concerned, can’t be compared to humorous instructors, especially considering the cultivation of intillectual faculities, the formation of individualalities and, most significantly, the flexability in front of emergency.

Exacting and serious teachers are likely to lay more emphasis on the creed of obediance, in other words, students are supposed to follow whatever their teacher has required. Therefore, little space of development is left to students, which will drastically curb the cultivation of their critical thinking, innovative creation and the correct individual judgement. As for the easygoing teachers, it is mutual communication with students,which is out of respect and honor, that occupy the first thron of their educational methods. Undoubtedly, students free from the reservation of mere obediance have more opportunities to express individual talents. Eventually, their intellectual potentials are fully developed.

Moreover, serious teachers’ effective instructions which they are proud of are not so much instructive as destructive, considering the formation of the students’ indualalities. A mind crowed with the given demands is nothing more than a nonethinking container. If this situation lasts a little bit long, the container will deteriorate to a machine, obedient but mindless. Les’s have a look at the easygoing teachers, much courages are imfused into their students, embolding therm solving problems on their own, or with the help of cooporation. Consiquently, the instinct raliance of students are substituded by dependence, which is benefitial for them through the whole life.

Lending more credential to my opnion is the fact that the friendly and easygoing teachers are more likely to instruct their students in fantastic new ways, in other words, they are more flexable to cope with students than demanding and serious teachers. Consciously or unconciously, the creative and flexable feature is transmitted to students, getting them well-prepared for the changeable society full of challenges. I can’t deny that creation is in deseperate demand in the modern society, which serves as the unexhausted sourece of fortune.

From the discussion above, I hope my words have conveyed my idea that humorous teacher disputablely outweights those who are rigid and serious.
搞死T&G!
现在开始行动!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-4-1
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-4-13 01:46:06 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-25
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-4-14 08:56:30 |只看该作者
' a) u) x  c( }Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should only play sports for fun, not in competition or contests.
/ \5 B7 ~& S! j( l" ^

The sacred fire of Olympic Games have been illustrious for almost a thousand years, burying the seed of equal conpetition and comunication in earyone’s mind. Although children have enjoyed the reputation of the largest group of participation, there are some voice that children are supposed to focus exclusively on the fun lies in sport itself, rather than the firce competition or contests. As for me, I can’t resist to make it clear that the the sports devoid of competitions and contests are like the birds without wings.

The comptition is a win-win situation for bilateral sides. How could it be that both sides struggling for a single victory get what they want, adversaries may ask. Exactly, triumph can not be seperated to gratify both sides in one competition, since,in their minds, much emphesis was placed on the consequence of the contest. Once we focus more on the process of that, we may have a new preception of the essence of competition. The underdog in a competition is not a failure if he discover the weakness exposed in the game, and, after profound meditation and hard practice, use what he already has to strengthen himself. In other words, competition sound more like a method to perfect oneself.

Lending more credential to my opnion is the fact that competition are able to cultuvate the ability of cooporation and communication. In order to get a contest done, a team of people with one single goal is indispensible, which necessitate the ability of cooporation.

Last but not the least, children who play sports in comptitions are physically stronger than those just do it for fun. In a competition, everyone shares the same goal to win the game, thus making the game more fiere and difficult to anticipate the final result. Consequently, childrens are more concentrated and involved in the game and work harder to get it done. Consciously or unconsciously, their figures get strong.

From what has been discussed above, we can safely drow the conclusion that children shoud do sports in competitions an contests, not only because their physical conditions get stronger, but their abilitiy of cooporation can also be developed.
搞死T&G!
现在开始行动!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-25
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2010-4-14 09:56:54 |只看该作者
4.12% f9 }! j* _! e, N8 @
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
( }2 k$ O" e7 QA teacher who is a serious and strict person is more effective in teaching than a teacher who is a humor and easygoing person.

) E7 \2 Z: e" p8 n& W( g
/ t8 `# [3 Z9 t1 l' O3 K' oIn modern society, the education plays more and more important roles in the development of children.
开头提出教育的重要) So the quality of teaching also attracts the expensive expansiveattention(结果). Many people believe that the teacher who is a serious and strict person is more effective in teaching than a teacher who is a humor and easygoing person while others hold the opposite opinion(对于问题的不同观点)
. As far as I am concerned, I inclined the latter. In the following paragraph, I will support my opinion with several reasons
cause and effect; diverge

In the first place, teaching in a humor(humorous) way can get a better result than in serious way. Different types of teachers have distinct teaching styles. A humor(adj) and easygoing person usually make their course more attraction(attractive). For example, for some tedious formulation, a humor teacher can easily find its fun(funny) way to attract the attention from (of) the students. As an old Chinese saying goes(大哥,爱因斯坦成中国人了!), interest is the best teachers. If students are interesting in the course they are taking, they will listen to lecture very carefully and get a good remark. On the contrast, if they are forced to listen to the lecture due to the serious teacher, the results will not be good. Moreover, when the teachers organize some discussions, the students are likely to take part in debating.(这一段论述的是兴趣与教学的关系,开头句却没提到interest
3 e* p# r! }8 d( m7 e

% A! a# y! l8 l* C' s2 G  rSecondly, it is easy to keep close relationship with a humor and easygoing teachers. As is known to us, if we have a good relationship with someone, we will accept his/her idea easily. When we meet any questions in the course of studying, we can ask for help from them without considering whether the question is so easy or so fun
funny. This is very important for us to learn the knowledge very well个人认为:It’s of vital significance fot the profound acquisition of the knowledge.更美观).(cause and effect)
: p  |& I8 E+ C# Y0 I1 ?2 p

Last but not least, it is easy(
与第二段开头形式重复) for us to avoid the huge pressure from the studying which is very helpful for us to the development ofkeep the physical and mental health. The humor and easygoing teachers are good at creating one relaxrelaxing atmosphere and preventpreventing us from the serous things which will have a great influence on us. It is obvious that we can learn better in relax and pleasant environment.cause and effect
/ J/ c% a) x+ R7 C9 M
) b$ `6 O# w0 W6 d3 p3 U+ P
To sum up, although there are some advantages of teaching by a serious and strict teacher, the advantage of teaching by a humor and easygoing teacher more outweigh. Therefore, (if I be
省略)given a choice, a humor and easygoing teacher are definitely my answer.

缺点:词性
有点:逻辑还是很清晰的~~我这点非常薄弱,向你学习!!
搞死T&G!
现在开始行动!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-4-20
精华
帖子

Pisces双鱼座 GRE梦想之帆 GRE斩浪之魂 GRE守护之星 US Applicant 分享之阳 2013offer达人 寄托兑换店纪念章 美版守护者 2015 US-applicant 满2年在任版主

发表于 2010-4-14 19:41:15 |只看该作者
实在不好意思,昨天有事没能上网,没能及时帮你修改12号的那篇作文,现在补上:)

In this world of utilitianism, nothing can escape the fate to be measured in a unique value system based on efficiency, let alongalone the issue of education which is being heatedliy discussed. The convinction gose(goes) to a growing number of people that regid(rigid) teachers are more capable of accomplishing teaching tasks, in terms of efficiency and the outcome, than those who are humorious(humorous) and easygoing. Although, the strict teachers have enjoyed a higer reputation, they, as far as I’m concerned, can’t be compared to(在英语中,这个短语貌似没有“比不上”的意思哦这个短语更容易被理解为“与没有可比性”) humorous instructors, especially considering the cultivation of intillectualintellectual faculities(faculty,这个词好像没有复数,这个词本身好像就是指“全体师生”,注意,包括老师哦,所以我觉得这儿用students更好些), the formation of individualalities(individualities,觉得这个词前面如果价格形容词就更好了,好的个性还是坏的个性?) and, most significantly, the flexability in front of emergency.0 }4 n( X" G; C
% a" b- {- h! @5 s
Exacting and serious teachers are likely to lay more emphasis on the creed of obediance
obedience, in other words, students are supposed to follow whatever their teacher has required. Therefore, little space of development is left to students, which will drastically curb the cultivation of their critical thinking, innovative creation and the correct individual judgement. As for the easygoing teachers, it is mutual communication with students,which is out of respect and honor, that occupy the first thron of their educational methods. Undoubtedly, students free from the reservation of mere obediance have more opportunities to express individual talents. Eventually, their intellectual potentials are fully developed.

Moreover, serious teachers’ effective instructions which they are proud of are not so much instructive as destructive, considering the formation of the students’ indualalities(individualities). A mind crowed with the given demands is nothing more than a nonethinking container. If this situation lasts a little bit long, the container will deteriorate to a machine, obedient but mindless. Les’s(Let’s) have a look at the easygoing teachers, much courages are imfused into their students, embolding therm solving problems on their own, or with the help of cooporation. Consiquently, the instinct raliance(reliance) of students are substituded by dependence, which is benefitial for them through the whole life.

Lending more credential to my opnion is the fact that the friendly and easygoing teachers are more likely to instruct their students in fantastic new ways, in other words, they are more flexable(flexible) to cope with students than demanding and serious teachers. Consciously or unconciously, the creative and flexable(flexible) feature is transmitted to students, getting them well-prepared for the changeable society full of challenges. I can’t deny that creation is in deseperate demand in the modern society, which serves as the unexhausted sourece(source) of fortune.
6 [5 D7 Y0 F1 P, z5 U) R

From the discussion above, I hope my words have conveyed my idea that humorous teacher disputablely outweights those who are rigid and serious.

第一次就能写到这个水平,实属不错。思路非常清晰,也没有什么语法错误,唯一的一点不足是拼写错误太多了,一定要练习让自己的手跟上大脑的速度哦!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-15 06:25:19 |只看该作者
5# 宇宙婴儿

谢谢超级BB的指证!我个人还有部分观点持保留意见,如果有兴趣,可以深入探讨。
多多交流,共同进步!:loveliness:
搞死T&G!
现在开始行动!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-15 08:55:08 |只看该作者
4.15独立写作

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most people prefer having other people make decisions for them rather than making decisions by themselves。

In this world of individualism, the initiative or liberty of the free right to my choice is regard as the most significant symbol of self-independence. However, as far as I can see, more individuals are inclined to have their choices made by others. The reasons are followed.

Firest, sharing your right to others is more often than not a way to express respect and honor for other people. That means, the one you’d like to share you right of choice is so indispensible to you that you have placed enough trust on him to dicede what you should do. One expamle will make that more clear. A boss ranked highest in a company may more or less have their loyal employees,relatively inperior, to make decisions on the stradegy of the company’s development. It’ not only a chance to scoop out the potentials of the worker, but also a maneuver to express the appreciation and trust to the stuff.

Morever, giving up the right of choice may result from the lack of responsibilities as well. As normal individuals, everyone more or less will have some faults. In order to lower the risk will take, one effective method is to give up the vital choice which remains controversial, as well as as the risk, directly to others. Therefore, even though the result may turn out to be destructive or completely wrong, it has nothing to do with the one who is virtually supposed to be in charge of this.

At last, the sharing of the freedom to make choice, nevertheless, is indisputably give rise by the people’s psychological need of recognition. Human beings are instinctinvely gregarious creatures, that means we have to passively obey certain norms, like laws amd moralities, to survive in the so-called society. An example can illustrate this point. If a girl want to buy a pair of faddish shoes, she may firstly consult her boyfriend and pears for suggestions or even follow their advise with careful meditation. Only after the sence of recognition of others was found would she make the final deal. Consequently, the girl has the choice made by others unconsciously.

From the discussion above, we can firmly draw the conclusion that most people are eager to give their right of choice to others because of the need of recognition and the lack of responsibility, as well as the fact that respect and honor is combined in the sharing.
搞死T&G!
现在开始行动!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-4-14
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-15 13:54:14 |只看该作者
没看懂

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-16 20:08:20 |只看该作者
楼主4月15日作文题目和公布的不一样啊!!!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-4-20
精华
帖子

Pisces双鱼座 GRE梦想之帆 GRE斩浪之魂 GRE守护之星 US Applicant 分享之阳 2013offer达人 寄托兑换店纪念章 美版守护者 2015 US-applicant 满2年在任版主

发表于 2010-4-16 21:52:09 |只看该作者

修改by 宇宙婴儿

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should only play sports for fun, not in competition or contests./ \5 B7 ~& S! j( l" ^- r+ u, i% s1 f/ t4 W1 I. d3 G0 X7 L
The sacred fire of Olympic Games have been illustrious for almost a thousand years, burying the seed of equal conpetition and comunication in earyone’s(everyone’s) mind. Although children have enjoyed the reputation of the largest group of participation, there are some voice that children are supposed to focus exclusively on the fun lies in sport itself, rather than the firce competition or contests. As for me, I can’t resist to make it clear that the the sports devoid of competitions and contests are like the birds without wings., ~' e# p9 E( O) j5 k
The comptition(competition) is a win-win situation for bilateral(虽然这个词有“双边,双方”的意思,但好像没见过这样用的,见得比较多的就是bilateral talk这类的。不过我也拿不准,但如果是我的话,我更倾向于用“both”这类比较常用的、而且绝对不会错的词。) sides. How could it be that both sides struggling for a single victory get what they want(这句话的主语是什么?), adversaries may ask. Exactly, triumph can not be seperated to gratify both sides in one competition, since,in their minds, much emphesisemphasis
was placed on the consequence of the contest. Once we focus more on the process of that, we may have a new preception of the essence of competition. The underdog in a competition is not a failure if he discover(这里是第三人称单数哦!) the weakness exposed in the game, and, after profound meditation and hard practice, use(这里也是第三人称单数哦!) what he already has to strengthen himself. In other words, competition sound more like a method to perfect oneself.

L5 w6 p: r9 C" h4 [

Lending more credential to my opnion is the fact(改成What lends more credential to my opinion is the fact … 似乎更好些。) that competition areis
able to(总觉得be able to 更倾向于指人有某种能力去完成什么事情,而不是像汉语中的“可以”那么随便,用can似乎更好些。) cultuvate the ability of cooporation and communication. In order to get a contest done, a team of people with one single goal is indispensible, which necessitate the ability of cooporation.
2 A- l1 n5 a: o8 Q: I9 y
Last but not the least, children who play sports in comptitions are physically stronger than those just do it for fun(如果有人用汉语对我们说,参加体育比赛的孩子的身体都比只是为了玩玩而做运动的孩子要强壮,那我们肯定会觉得牵强。当我们写作的时候,应当尽量避免这些牵强的论点。我们自己可能会觉得,能写出这么多论点就已经不错了,作为一个母语并非英语的人,能写出来这么多也算比较有水平了,但是托福改卷子的毕竟都是老外,咱们觉得能马马虎虎写上去的论点,人家也许一看就会觉得好笑,所以还是要尽量注意啊.... In a competition, everyone shares the same goal to win the game, thus making the game more fiere and difficult to anticipate the final result. Consequently, childrenschildren已经是复数了,children的单数是child哦!)
are more concentrated and involved in the game and work harder to get it done. Consciously or unconsciously, their figures get strong.
0 E: h* ?# `" P: S
From what has been discussed above, we can safely drowdraw the conclusion that children shoud do sports in competitions anand contests, not only because their physical conditions get stronger, but their abilitiy of cooporation can also be developed.

使用道具 举报

RE: 4.12独立作文小组 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
4.12独立作文小组