寄托币
注册时间
2007-8-3
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-6-9 21:14:02 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
42. What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful in the world today? Choose one skill and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Along with the hasty development of society, there is an increasing tendency that people, not only the elite ones, but also common people require a couple of skills to survive in the world. However, among the very different skills, in my view, how to communicate with others politely and effectively is the most essential and indispensable. It is easy to understand this point in that no one can accomplish a complicate task without others' help. To be more thorough and to support my viewpoint strongly, several reasons and examples will be shown as follows.

It should be noticed that the polite and effective communication among person is the biggest and even most fundamental gaps between us and animals. In the other world, with this sort of communication , we survive and live better than other animals. Here is an instance about science which, I think, should explain my point clearly. As far as we know, Rosy Franklin took picture of DNA, which is now the foundation of Genetics and the basic element of organism,
with the X-ray. And this helped Watson and Crick constructed the first real structure of DNA. However, at the very beginning, Rosy was angry with Crick and refused to show him her accurate picture. It arrested the
foundation of DNA structure strongly. It was lucky that Watson dated Rosy for a couple of coffee and then eliminate the gap with several polite words only, so that nowadays everyone knows DNA. That is the
effect of effective communication skill.

In the second place, what is more important is that polite communication cannot be considerate as the simple talking and listening. Sometimes, even a eye expression can solve your big problem.
The reason is that eye is the window of your heart. When Princess Diana visited Africa and took hope for the poor children, it is not her distinguished degree, but her polite big eyes carried hope and share this to the native children who suffered with AIDS. It is easy to consider that if Diana is not a excellent communication-taker, her visit to Africa is just only a show. It will never owns the world's honor.

The last, I want to say, why polite and effective communication is so so so indispensable to our society is that it saves a lot of time, at the same time it brings us comfortable chatting environment. With my and most my classmates consideration, we enjoy the opponents chat or negotiate with us with a polite tone and as brief as possible. Maybe it is the fundamental rule of fast developing society. It really makes a great contribution to the progress of economy, for the very simple reason that it shortens our distance and saves our time.

To conclude my view, communication with others in polite and effective way is one of the most basic skills which we should drive expertly. Because, it makes us live better and help reduce the tension of relationships; what is more, the eye contact, one of sort of communication lighten the sorrow others especially the children suffers; finally, it saves our valuable time and make our daily life effectively. That is why I choose effective and polite communication as a skill to draw my issue.
最高贵的信物,是给冰凉的心灵一枝春,最圣洁的柔情,是给疼痛的地方一个吻。
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-8-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 QQ联合登录 IBT Elegance US Advisor US Assistant VISA版特殊贡献

沙发
发表于 2009-6-9 21:18:28 |只看该作者