使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-3 12:03:01 |只看该作者
3月2日 110815NA One of your classmates needs help with some school work.
Which solution would you recommend your classmate should do: to ask you for hlpe or to find a professinal tutor for help. Include reasons and details to in your response.

修改2月3日//2月13日作业

观点:支持推荐找教授

Five years after graduation from college, I decided to further my education at the beginning of this year. As I have to work on weekdays, I spend most of my spare time engaging in school work assigned by teachers of the trainning program I attend. Thanks to the training program, it offers excellent opportunity to meet with talented schoolmates. We often discuss academic problems together in class. However, when it comes to me that my classmates ask for help about school work after class time, I would advise them to turn to a professional tutor for help instead of helping them myself. Reasons are listed as below:

First, a professional tutor is more sophisticated, he or she has been trained for tutoring, that is to say, he or she is fairly skillful at how to teach. When my classmates come to me for help, I probably know the answer but, to a large extent, my solution may not be the perfect one, or maybe I cannot explain it completely in the best way. As professional tutors can not only provide the right answer, more importantly, they are capable of instructing students the way of thinking and solving problems which can be widely used, not only constrained in this specific question. In addition, during the process of communication, a tutor can point out potential crucial problems or even mistakes about the students' school work.

Moreover, as I can only take classes at the weekends while missing a great number of valuable workday classes, I am not in certain that I can offer absolutely right answers when my classmates feel puzzled. In order to avoid misleading others, I am more likely to persuade them to contact a professional tutor during weekdays and share the answer with me after they get the right solution. It would be disastrous if I offer wrong answers according to my subjective ideas. Therefore, turning to a tutor can be a win-win solution, both my classmates and I can gain new knowledge from the process.

Admittedly, I have not enough time to deal with similar problems like helping to explain school work to others. Since communication with classmates after class consumes both time and energy, especially for issues I am not sure about, I am convinced that consulting a tutor is more effective way, compared with wasting time at checking the accuracy on the Internet together with my classmates.   

Given all the points metioned above, from the perspective of my case, I strongly support the idea to request help from professional tutors instead of offering assistance by my own.

观点:Depends

When one studies in a college or university, it is almost impossible to finish all the schoolwork on his or her own without other's help. In my school, when facing problems with school work, some classmates prefer to ask me for help while others would like to turn to a professional tutor for assistance instead. From my point of view, which solution is better depends on circumstances.

Under the condition that I can help to solve problems appropriately, I am readily available to offer help to any classmates all the time. Being ready to help others is of great importance that can help to shape one’s characteristic, through which one can promote connection with classmates resulting in new sincere friendships at the same time. In addition, people can learn about new knowledge when teaching others. Take language learning for example, when classmates asked me for the right expression of a foreign language which is also my second major, I can give them useful advices without hesitation due to 10 years study in the past. Thanks to the experience of communication with others, I did practice the language myself and got to know more friends in the end.

On the other hand, when it comes to the problems that are out of my knowledge and ability, I would recommend my classmates to turn to professional tutors in our school. For one thing, a professional tutor is almost available all the time. During office hours, they offer help to students with enthusiasm and patience, students can easily find them just by stopping at his or her office; after school time, students can either seek help throught the phone or the internet. For another, professional tutor are trained to provide help for solving various campus problems, like how to adjust attitude when facing difficulties, how to establish social relations, and so on. Professional tutors virtually play an essential and critical role in students' daily lives. Asking help from them is a good choice when students feel puzzled and helpless, they can help a lot.

In conclusion, when my classmates come to me for assistance, I would exert all my energy to help as far as I can; for those beyond my capability, I would recommend them to contact a professional tutor.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-2-22
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-3 18:18:18 |只看该作者
3.2独立已改
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-4 16:02:30 |只看该作者
2012年3月3日

【Y or N】一穷 一富的两人是否可以成为朋友

The popular television series Friends are so much in favor because of the happy scenes which make audiences feel exactly what friends mean during laughing and touching. There are various aspects people have to consider as standards of choosing a friend, such as sharing the same interests, offering help readily whenever needed. However, although some may argue that two persons cannot be friends if one is richer than the other, I insist that money hardly has negative effects on the developing of a friendship.

Among all the factors that contribute to the establishment of friendship, one key element is that they share the same interest and hobby which bring about endless opportunities to communicate, no matter how rich or how poor they are. For example, members of reading parties get together weekly or monthly to discuss books they have red, it goes smoothly in spite of the unavoidable fact that some of the members might be considerably rich. Moreover, people caring pets always easily agree with each other when they talk about their pets and the similar attitudes allow them to become close friends. In addition, those who are fans of the same superstars often go to the concerts or relevant activities together through which most of them become friends in the end.

Besides, people become friends because they often agree with each other when facing the same problems, in other words, they tend to reach an agreement all the time. From voting in the presidential election to which color of the shoes to buy, people almost make the same decision when they are in similar situations. The same opinion towards certain events gives friends plenty of topics to talk and discuss which plays an important role in the relationship between friends. It is hard to imagine that friends seldom agree with each other, it might be a sever potential source of friction which is harmful. Obviously, the fact that people share the same point of view has nothing to do with money, they become friends as the result of the same view, not the same amount of money.

Finally, people gain friendships as the result of offering a hand when others need help. Friends help each other, they are readily available whenever their friends need them, such as providing useful advices when choosing jobs, or just being a thoughtful companion. It is common that people may be confronted with the lack of money temporarily, in this case, money plays an essential role in the maintain of friendship, lending money to friends is absolutely an direct way to help and concern about others. Therefore, money plays a beneficial role in the friendship rather than the role as an barrier.

In sum, people become friends because of various reasons which have no reason to be affected by money. If one is richer or poorer than the other, they can still be friends for reasons mentioned above.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-1-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-4 22:34:24 |只看该作者
3,3日
my show

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-6 22:11:25 |只看该作者
2012年3月5日

修改2月1日作文

【Y or N】People who cannot accept criticism will not succeed in a team.

We now live in a world where individuals tend to live gradually independently on their own, in most cases, it is difficult for people to criticize their own thoughts. However, the ability of readily listening to different ideas and opinions becomes a key characteristic essential to success. That is to say, those who cannot accept criticism would hardly (or bearly) succeed, especially when involving team work. People with open minds are more likely to acquire opportunities for advancement, win more friends and as well as play important roles in the cooperation with others.

When working in a team, it is unavoidable that numerous different ideas emerge which may lead to intense debates or disputes sometimes. For team leaders and those who are in charge of making final decisions, willing to take advices from co-workers is dramatically crucial because it may help adjust projects and programs to be more effective and maybe to meet the deadline in advance. On the other hand, for those who are ordinary team members, holding an open mind offers opportunities to shape characteristic resulting in obvious advantages in the competition of promotion towards managers.

Meanwhile, for those who can always accept criticism with patience and enthusiasm, it would be pretty easy for them to make themselves impressive among the team resulting in remarkable success. It turns out that the more they are willing to listen to others, the more friends they gain. Contributing to great communication, listening to others would strengthen the team spirit and bring out teamwork well done, through which team members can better understand each other since good communication plays a significant role in the team. It is almost impossible for those who refuse criticisms and advices can perform the role of cooperative team players well.  

Finally, willing to accept criticism can help people notice potential mistakes and certain shortages timely which is critical for the whole team. After listening to criticism about insufficient, people can adjust their plan immediately before fatal disasters appear. Take an extreme case for example, during a flight in the air, if the pilot made a bad decision which can be pointed out by other team members in time, whether the pilot could accept the criticism means difference between life and death. Therefore, people who cannot accept criticism can hardly make the right decision, not to mention to succeed one day in the future.

After all the reasons mentioned above, we can safely draw a conclusion that the ability to accept criticism is an indispensable factor to achieve success in a team, without that, team may lose spirit and people can bearly succeed.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-7 20:41:43 |只看该作者
2012年3月6日 (修改2月6日作文)

【A or B】:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
People can take care of their family members better when they live in big cities than in the countryside.

It is true that people can take good care of their family members if only they try their best no matter where they are; In my view, it is also true that people can achieve this better when they live in big cities rather than in rural areas, because living in big cities provides people with lives of higher quality both materially and mentally, as well as advanced systematic infrastructures.+

First of all, there are more job opportunities readily available in metropolis than in small towns, and the qualities of the positions are much better. In most cases, people working in big cities gain more salaries than their counterparts who live in the countryside. As a result, most city dwellers are capable of affording high kindergarten fees for their children whereas residents in the countryside might be forced to spend the same amount of money primarily on basic needs instead. Moreover, whenever family members feel tired, city dwellers could afford them wonderful travell experiences without worrying about travelling fees. Thanks to higher salaries in big cities, people can offer their family members better lives from the aspect of material.

Meanwhile, living in big cities allows family members to enjoy various spiritual lives with great convenience as well. For people living in rural areas, it often takes them hours to arrive in the theater, museum or art exhibition which often located in the center of the city. Also, there are fewer chances to join academic reports or seminars held by universities and scientific institutions for the same reason. On the contrary, living in the downtown offers people great convenience to enjoy their spiritual lives with family members.

Finally but not the least, big cities have better infrastructures which provide pretty comfortable enjoyment for citizens and their family members. Take healthy, the most important thing for every family member, for example, medical facilities in the countryside might be not progressive/advanced enough, and in some cases, it may result in wasting precious time for saving lives when emergency surgeries are needed. Moreover, as far as education is concerned, people living in big cities can send their children to famous schools of higher education qualities. In addition, they could go to the office or dating location by subway which is environmentally friendly while saving a lot of transportation time; the list goes on and on.

For those mentioned above, I  believe that, compared with living in countryside, people can take care of the family better in urban areas.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-6-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-7 21:57:01 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-1-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-8 20:25:37 |只看该作者
3,6日
my show

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-8 23:59:41 |只看该作者
2012年3月7日

When people need to discuss upseting or controversial problems with others, some people prefer to use e-mail or text messaging, other like to use telephone or voice messaging. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.

修改2月4日作文

For the sake of achieving seamless communication with others, numerous methods are readily available for people  today due to various advanced tools such as smart phones and the internet. When it comes to pretty complicated problems, including upsetting or controversial ones, some may like to use e-mail or text messaging, while others prefer more direct ways to communicate like making phone calls or sending voice message. However, I would rather choose the former approach to contact others for following reasons.

E-mail, a gradually indispensible nonverbal communication, has been playing an increasingly important role in modern lives. There are great deals of advantages of communication by texting message. Typing or texting messages provides people longer time to consider more about the expression and words which are crucial especially when referring to complex problems. In addition, texting message makes large amount of information available all at once which cannot be achieved as much effectively by making a few calls. For the most part, by using e-mail or text messaging, people can easily send photographic and even vidoe information as well as other essential relevant attachments.

Moreover, texted message can be easily saved and accessed afterwards. Whenever people want to check or review the discussion, all they need to do is to turn on the computer or look up in the cell phones. In some cases, if one wants to find the content discussed a few days ago or even months ago, by virtue of the date ranking function, people can easily find out the e-mail of a certain date in only a few seconds. Obviously, when people have to search past information, it is absolutely more convenient to communicate through e-mail rather than voice message.

Finally, E-mail and other texted messaging are less constrained by circumstances such as telecom signal and noise. Acctually, it is rather common that people turn to use e-mail after the failure of making phone calls because of bad telecom signals. In addition, under noisy environment, people can hardly be heard clearly as well as being in places where signals are pretty weak. On the contrary, e-mail is almost available anywhere no matter how noisy it is or how weak the telecom signal  is.  In conclusion, I believe that one can be benefit a lot from e-mail communication quickly, inexpensively and readily.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-28 12:03:12 |只看该作者
【2012年3月28日 星期三  TPO 23独立写作】

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
In today’s world, it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It seems that it is the fast-pace way of life push people to move fast, work quickly, no matter whether potential errors exist. However, people should keep behaving in a responsible way, they can only chase the speed after making sure that everything is correct. If they risk work quality for working speed, there might be serious consequences. Working carefully represent a positive attitude which can help save time and avoid sever mistakes.

Being careful and conscientious about work is a strong and positive attitude. Some people say that they have to work quickly because of the intense pressure caused by heavy workload and fierce competition. Such people usually work with the purpose of finishing the work as soon as possible while ignore the work quality. In cases such as surgeries, doctors have no reason to risk the sick's lives for saving time to cure more patients. It is shameful that surgeons fail to save lives which they could due to striving for speed.

In addition, working quickly seems to be the most efficient way that can help save time, more often quite the reverse is true. In case people made mistakes during past working procedure, they have not only to check all the previous work carefully, but also correct them, and it really consumes time to do this which costs almost the same amount of time that they do the work again or even more. For instance, in the printing and publishing industry, once something goes wrong with the drafts due to the chasing of speed, people have to double-check them which consumes time even with the help of advanced tools. Therefore, it is better not to risk work quality for speed because it may waste time to review the work and correct previous mistakes.

Another often overlooked fact is that even slight errors may cause sever or disastrous consequences, for which people should act in a more careful pattern to avoid making mistakes rather than risk them. Again, take the surgeries for example, surgeons, by all means, have to make sure that they behave in a correct way no matter how long they cost in the operating room, because what they do might means significant difference between life and death. Meanwhile, there are numerous examples telling us that even in today's world, people should work to ensure their work quality primarily. In conclusion, working carefully is a positive attitude that people should always bear in mind.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-28 12:33:23 |只看该作者
【2012年3月28日 星期三 TPO23 综合写作】

In the aim of the population of yellow cedar in the North America, several theories are proposed about the decline of the species' population and some people are skeptical about each of them for certain reasons.

Firstly, some people think the population declined due to insect parasites that feed on the yellow cedar wood such as beetle. People who oppose this idea say that only the sick and damaged cedar are attacked by the insect. The existence of insect parasites have no reasons to become the main threat.

Secondly, a number of people believe that it is the eating habit of brown bear that decreases the number of yellow cedar because they feed on that. However, compared with inland areas with brown bear, no evidence can explain why the number of yellow cedar also decrease in islands without brown bears.

Finally, other people are convinced that the changes of climate plays an important role, since the winter comes earlier recently due to global warming and some cedar may die in cold winter night. It is still not safe to draw this conclusion as the cedar population declines too in warmer places.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-3-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-28 12:52:50 |只看该作者
101# idealibt 3.28独立已改,欢迎回改

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-29 12:58:09 |只看该作者
t seems that it is the fast-paced way of life push people to move fast, work quickly, no matter whether potential errors exist这句好有神. However, people should keep behaving in a responsible way, they can only chase the speed after making sure that everything is correct. If they risk work quality for working speed, there might be serious consequences. Working carefully represent a positive attitude which can help save time and avoid sever mistakes.

6 B! G3 D  x1 @) p
" Y. C1 R3 i: L6 O, `# ~
是换文章结构不用连接词了吗?Being careful and conscientious about working is a strong and positive attitude. Some people say that they have to work quickly because of the intense pressure caused by heavy workload 学到一个词 and fierce competition. Such people usually work with the purpose of finishing the work as soon as possible while ignore the work quality. In cases such as surgeries, doctors have no reason to risk the sick's lives for saving time to cure more patients. It is shameful that surgeons fail to save lives which they could due to striving for speed.我深刻觉得我来改Ideal你的作文太委屈你了= =

! Q& s5 Q( p% w2 e
1 Q# R: F1 I! l% w, g. P
In addition, working quickly seems to be the most efficient way that can help save time, more often quite the reverse is true. In case people made mistakes during past working procedure, they have not only to check all the previous work carefully, but also correct them, and it really consumes time to do this which costs almost the same amount of time that they do the work again or even more. For instance, in the printing and publishing industry, once something goes wrong with the drafts due to the chasing of speed, people have to double-check them which consumes time even with the help of advanced tools. Therefore, it is better not to risk work quality for speed because it may waste time to review the work and correct previous mistakes.

# C* Q7 V$ G3 O5 E% L0 r
Another often overlooked fact is that even slight errors may cause sever or disastrous consequences, for which people should act in???有这个词组吗?是想说work with吗? a more careful pattern to avoid making mistakes rather than risk them. Again, take the surgeries for example, surgeons, by all means, have to make sure that they behave in a correct way no matter how long they cost in the operating room, because what they do might means significant difference between life and death. Meanwhile, there are numerous examples telling us that even in today's world, people should work to ensure their work quality primarily. In conclusion, working carefully is a positive attitude that people should always bear in mind.

ideal你果然又进步了= =  不过这个结构 是自创的还是模板?貌似没看到很多人这么 写  可以这样吗 只从医生这个例子出发??结构和语法都很好的  ——坏绿
这是我不愿醒来的梦。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-29 20:19:22 |只看该作者
棕色是困惑  紫色是精彩  红色是添加修改删除

In the aim of the population of yellow cedar in the North America
,这句概括主旨恰当吗?是否概括为这种树灭绝的原因更合适?several theories are proposed about the decline of the species' population and some people are skeptical about each of them for certain reasons.

Firstly, some people think the population declined due to insect parasites that feed on the yellow cedar wood such as beetle. People 换成the speaker 比较好吧?who oppose this idea say that only the sick and damaged cedar are attacked by the insects. The existence of insect parasites have no reasons to become the main threat.0 d$ _1 i( s3 Q2 F1 t$ i
( l; ^7 C% |$ M* ?6 S
Secondly, a number of people believed 这里应该是过去时吧? that it is the 这里不是特指事物。。或许应该用a eating habit of brown bears that decreases the number of yellow cedar because they feed on that. However, compared with inland areas with brown bear, no evidence can explain why the number of yellow cedar also decrease in islands without brown bears. ! o; t3 |' N' x1 `, J& f* R
+ k& U9 C- [: v! u% T
Finally, other people are convinced that the changes of climate plays an important role, since the winter comes earlier recently due to global warming and some cedar may die in cold winter night. It is still not safe to draw this conclusion as the cedar population declines too in warmer places.
这是我不愿醒来的梦。

使用道具 举报

RE: 【Daily Writing作文特训小组】idealguai作业帖 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子