声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-9-5 12:13:12 |只看该作者
9-4 TPO17 交完了 实在抱歉

The author worries about the negative impacton birds’ number resulted from human activities, such as urban expansion,agriculture, and harmful pesticides. The speaker disagrees with the arguments inthe reading and challenges as below.

First, though human population continues togrow and may be bad or certain bird type, the urban development provides betterand larger habitats for other types of birds. Some citizens even complain aboutthe increase of birds’ habitats like pigeons. What is more, as the numbers ofpigeons and rodents are rising up, more hawks and falcons have been found inthe urban areas. Thus, some pollution of birds may shrink but others’ grow.  坦白 这段听了两遍 因为那些死动物的名字实在不认识

Second, the reading blames that the increaseof agricultural activities will result in more destruction of bird habitats. Thespeaker casts her doubts on this point. Nowadays, less and less wild fields areconverted to agricultural use. Besides, new types of more productive crops havebeen invented, which need no more expansion of agricultural areas in birdhabitats. This is also to the opposite of what the author claims.

Finally, the article asserts that toxicpesticides will do damage to or even kill birds, leading to decline of bird population.However, the speaker presents two significant changes to weaken the conclusion.On one hand, new less toxic pesticides have been developed, greatly decreasingthe threat to birds. On other hand, scientists have invented pest-resistantcrops which genetically prevent insects destroying themselves. So as a result,the number of birds won’t be reduced, to the contrary of the last argument madeby the writer.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
God Bless me!
我想我可以的!是一定可以的!是一定一定不错的!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-9-5 17:09:49 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-9-5 17:35:23 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-9-5 20:26:30 |只看该作者
:L:L
God Bless me!
我想我可以的!是一定可以的!是一定一定不错的!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-9-5 20:56:37 |只看该作者
9.4 独立 改

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-9-9 17:00:55 |只看该作者
201099周四
独立:

09.3.27北美
Teacher should or should not show theirsocial or political views to student in the class.

Education plays a critical role in childrendevelopment during which teachers are considered to be the most influentialcharacters at school. Many people insist teachers should not show their socialor political views to students in the class. From my personal perspective, Icouldn't agree more with this thoughtful suggestion.

The influence of a teacher tutoring infront of students not only can be exerted on the academic quality, but also isreflected on the students' judgments upon the world and themselves. Sometimes,a personal value of a social phenomenon from a teacher may lead to aninappropriate assessment of students and probably last for a considerableperiod. In my first year of middle school, I was thinking about practicingrunning and becoming a professional runner. But my Chinese teacher often arguedhow higher possibility of losing bright futures for sportsmen compared withordinary people. I believed his words and quitted the idea of being a runnerthough I loved it very much and could run faster than others. When I have grownup, I realized that how ridiculous the theory was. What's irony, I had keptvaluing sportsmen as unpromising people for several years and gave up allchances to run in competitions. Now in addition of the unfair judgment onsports, it was such a pity in my childhood. Thus, we can learn how necessaryteachers should avoid expressing their own social views in front of students.

Moreover, students can be distracted fromthe courses and turn their attention to irrelevant topics beyond class afterlistening to the teachers' opinions on society or politics. In some cases, thisdistraction can result in harmful consequences because young people are easilyevoked and less able to control themselves well. During the Second World War,teachers in China always delivered their anger towards the behaviors andpolicies of temporary governments. Young people dropped a lot of time oflearning and couldn't help showing their opinions by all means, demonstrating, distributingflyers and even preventing traffics. As a result, many students were caught bypolices or injured due to violent resistance. Though the governments actedimproperly, the most important task for students was not to be involved intoblind violence, but to work hard and find right timing and position to makemore valuable contribution to the country. Therefore, in order to construct amore suitable environment of studying for students, teachers should not discusstheir social or political views in the classroom.

In sum, taking all potential impacts onstudents into account, I deem teachers should not be allowed to state theirindividual opinions on social or political problems to students in class. Theprecious class time can be spent in more meaningful topics on education andacademics.
God Bless me!
我想我可以的!是一定可以的!是一定一定不错的!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-9-10 11:39:27 |只看该作者
9.9 改